Having problems with Ingles Markets?

2913 US Highway 70 W
Postal Address
Post Office Box 6676, Asheville, NC 28816

Complaints & Reviews

deli manager intimidating

I do not appreciate Mister William Boheim (deli manager) at Woodlin Hills Ingles, store #22 breaking into my facebook, cut and pasting my profile and a conversation I was having with my friends, adding stuff to it and then proceeding to hand it to my son and intimidate him with it. My son has been written up twice and gave a verbal warning all in about a week. My son has worked there many years and has never been abused like this. Since Mr. William Boheim was on the clock when he did this, I hold INGLES responsible also. This will not get swept under the carpet!!!

dayshift slacking

I use to work at the Ingles at Woodland Hills. My son still works there. He works at night in the deli department. There are a few day shift workers that leave alot of stuff for night shift to do that they could or should of done. They should do there DISHES but they leave them along with alot of other things for nightshift to do. The night shift is suppose to get everything cleaned up by 9 pm, but with them doing their job and dayshifts stuff, they don't get out on time. My son has been making sandwiches for a long time there and now he got a verbal warning about sandwiches!!! It is probably because they just interviewed some people and are going to can some of the workers. I am so glad that I got out of there before the new deli manager came in. It sure was working alot better with the old manager. I think that some of those deli workers need to quit milking and get their jobs done instead of putting it off on someone else.

moondancen May 09, 2010

I use to work there in the deli and they r doing the same thing that they did when I was there. They need to do their job and quit putting if off on night shift. Get it straight. I am the one complaining. My son SHOULD NOthave been written up!!! Some people just don't not what they r talking about on here.

moondancen May 09, 2010

I wrote to HR, but as long as they r making money, they do not care about what goes on.

moondancen May 09, 2010

I am not even going to answer this Irish. She puts garbage on alot of complaints on here.

moondancen May 10, 2010

Pretty soon all Ingles will be just places that I pass by on my way to grocery shop somewhere else. Writing up someone about one sandwich done wrong, lol. What a bunch of stupid people.

moondancen May 11, 2010

If you r who I think you r "Irish", then I will be seeing u very soon. I know more about computers than you ever will. LOL!!!

moondancen May 11, 2010

LOL!! Yup, who would of thought that it would be you. LOL!!!

Resolved bad food, nasty management

I sincerely do not know what you can or can not do regarding Ingles Grocery Store but felt it was necessary to tell you some of the things that have happened to me while shopping there.

Last week I shopped at Ingles. With other groceries, I purchased frozen cooked shrimp ($15.48 dated 2012) and 4 chicken ***. The shrimp were bad. The smell and taste were terrible so uneatable. Two of the 4 *** were obviously chicken ***. The other two *** were definitely chicken skin but wrapped around parts (pieces) of darker meat of some kind. I threw those out also.

In the past I have written the store and complained.

I have brought home a jar of rancid mayonnaise.

I have brought home sour milk.

I have brought home cans upon cans of outdated vegetables, not even realizing till one smelled terrible and I saw the date was 2007. I am 64 and have shopped in NJ and Florida for over 30 years and never thought to check dates on canned vegetables. I actually never checked dates at all.

Now I do but I won't go into Ingles anymore. I have never once in over 30 years shopped and brought something that was bad home. I find that I can not protect myself from Ingles and every time I shop there, I come home with something bad, rancid, moldy - something to throw out.

I went to the salad bar and wanted some mustard potatoes sale. I asked the man if it was fresh. He picked up the bin and said "Yes, it is fresh we made it Monday" This was Thursday and I don't consider 4 day old salad with mayonnaise fresh.

I have brought home cheese that was moldy within the expiration date.

I have brought home cheese that was moldy but only on the inside within the expiration date.

The list is longer and I will not purchase things from Ingles any longer. It is difficult here because they make themselves "THE ONLY STORE IN TOWN"

This particular store is the Super Ingles in Black Mountain.

They do everything they can to "force you to walk the store impulse buying" as one manger told me. She shops at Bi-Lo. They try to induce you to buy their Laura Lynn products but my question is if the store, which people see, is that bad, what can their factory be like - or their products?

Taking something back. I have complained to the manger and his comment is "beats me" I have written and complained. My neighbor (who works there) just told his wife they have a lot of waste and to be extra careful of what she buys there. He said he would talk to his manager.

They did clean up some of the cans but the meat - don't get the family package cuz the two on top look fine but the two on the bottom are always brown, in my experience.

I will shop somewhere else. I have found the management to be the rudest people I have ever met in my life. Their customer service is great only when you are wiling to listen as to how much the employees hate working there.

How can a store this big, with this kind of clout be allowed to exist with such poor management is beyond me but it sure doesn't speak well for NC.

• Ni
    N ick May 10, 2010

Cashier abby screamed at me because my 9 month old baby puked in her isle and i had 2 kids with me and nothing to clean it up with. How rude instead of offering me something to clean with she screams at me an calls me names i mean what kind of buisness u running letting your employes talk to your costumers like that i will no longer shop at this location..I reported her to manager and all she said was that she will get someone to clean it up. Not happy at al and i would like something done please.

• Ve
    venus28139 Jul 12, 2010

I totally feel your frustrations. I used to work for Ingles and could no longer stand the way they did business so I went back to work for the store I feel most at home in and thats Bi-Lo

Resolved manager/asst managers

There is several reasons I will not shop at this Ingles. First the manager Kevin Byers. He is very rude to...

Resolved rude deli operations manager

I had stopped by to pick up few groceries and was leaving the produce area to heading to the Deli Dept and...

Resolved letting employees do what ever they want, and the store managers.

store manager is clocking him self in and out to go play in pool tourments. sexual conduct, one 16 year old...

Resolved managers

Every time I go in there the managers are RUDE. No one in there has any idea how to run a grocery store. The...

dog food bags breaking

Over the past 2 months I have been at the Ingles in Barnesville Ga @ had the Ingles Brand of dog to break before we had it loaded. The last time, one week ago I was going to purchase the food and the bag I picked up was taped together, it had broken as well and food missing. I have as well witnessed other patrons loading the same food and the bags bursting. I have lost food in the parking lot and had to scrape up what I could. I do work for a company that could ensure no broken bags. therefore no customer complaints of this sort.; Exopack [protected] ask for George Warren.

Regina Tardy

dirty place and nasty food

I am very frequent shopper. I just was getting a package of croissants from the counter and looked over at...

awful place to eat

The bakery dept is really dirty. The manager stated he fired all the ex employees, but kept some that had...

Resolved very rude store manager

I work at the Ingles in Winder Ga. There are a lot of nice people there, but the store manager i...

poor service!

I have been a customer of Ingles Store # 102 since it open at its old location (buford Drive ) and the new Location (Lawerceville Hwy) I always love the
store, the management and the employees. However, I visited it on Wednesday Sept. 26 2007. I was very upset with how the store looked the attitude of the employees was very negative. So I talked with a couple employees of the store And
they informed me that they changed management and the "new" Co-manager was not a people person and did not care how he treated employees or customers Such a shame such a nice store is being ruined by someone like this. I will be trading at the Publix store until this problem is fixed.

• Ba
    Bammermtn Jul 09, 2009

I think they are going sell out in the last part of this year anyway. This may be why they don't care. The Ingles store might end up being a Publix before it is ove with.

products is totally unacceptable!

I have purchased a dozen roses from Ingles for the last 14 months, every Fri. evening. Of late, they die with 24 hrs. the buds fall of and I've even returned to the store's from which I've purchased. I get them from two different stores, one, Dawsonville Ga. and Anderson, SC. where I have two lady friends.

I don't know why your flowers have gotten so bad of late, but I will not continue to spend over $15 a dozen if this is the way your product is going to continue to be.

I, also, will no longer shop at Ingles because of this. Their product is totally unacceptable!

no black cherry icecream

I and many others need fat free frozen yougert ice cream. For a while u carried Kemps by Greene i had bought it at Lowes and it is good. I have been going to BI-LO's in Morganton (when Ingles is very close) I got Southern Home Fat free frozen yogurt. They had special 2 for 6 $. I got 2 van 2 choc and 2 strawberry they are very good. I put one of each in a gallon freezer bagand they save very well. Also i found my friend some black cherry ice cream and black walnut. I have never found black cherry at Ingles.

With other items i spent $40.68. This is the 3rd time i have stocked up since i located the frozen yogurt surely if you add it and advertise it you could benifit from enough sales.

slimy with a bad smell fish

Bought Grouper Fish today (07/12/06) at Ingles Grocery, Clayton, GA 30525. Fish Counter advertised "Grouper - Wild Caught - Fresh"; however, when I opened the package at home I found the fish to be "slimy with a bad smell"!

I returned the fish to the Store Manager for refund. The manager was "huffy" and told me to take it back to the Meat/Fish Manager which I did. He took the fish and told me that he could give me a refund, that the refund had to be processed by the Store Manager at the front. I returned to the Store Manager and told her that I had returned the fish to the Fish Manager and he told me to return to the Store Manager for refund. I gave the Store Manager the "Debit Ticket" for the store purchases and she refunded the cost of the fish. I signed a "Return Ticket" for her. Upon leaving the Store I realized that the Store Manager had not returned my "Debit Ticket" and I did not know the cost of my other purchases and returned for my ticket. She "rummaged" around in the Trash Can at her counter and found the Ticket which she gave back to me.

The Store Manager (Woman) was short, rude and did not indicate that she was sorry for my inconvenience. I have been a customer of this store for the past six years since it opened in 2000 and have not been so rudely serviced in the past. The Store Personnel have always been very helpful, but not this time.