Hyundai Motor Americano reimbursement!

I received a letter from Hyundai Motor America that my 2000 Tiburon was recalled due to a potential crack in the exhaust manifold. I was stationed in Germany at the time, so I called Hyundai to find out what I could do. The employee told me I could have the repairs done anywhere, and after I sent in receipts I would be reimbursed. I spent four months finding a German Hyundai dealer that would fix the problem. Additionally, during this period there was exhaust fumes leaking into the vehicle and I was pregnant. On May 22, 2006 I mailed Hyundai my receipt along with a letter detailing the ordeal I had gone through and how unhappy I was with the service given. In June I received a Customer Reimbursement Form and a letter stating Hyundai needed a copy of the title to the car. I mailed that information on June 24 and they claim to have received it on July 10. Every week since August I have called Hyundai Consumer Affairs and they tell me they have no information, but they would send an e-mail to Hyundai Corporate to check the status and someone would call me back. The reality is, e-mails were not sent as I was told, and no one calls me back. During one conversation I was told only the Customer Reimbursement Form was received on July 10th. I have mailed them paperwork three times. The cost of the repairs was $1673.53. I consulted a lawyer about the matter. He tried to talk to Hyundai about setting a timeline for when I would receive my reimbursement, but Hyundai refused to cooperate.

• Updated by Wayne Tuskowski · Feb 21, 2018

Hyundai is service is terrible. Once they have your money, any problems are your own fault!

• Le
    Leslie Bates Aug 15, 2018

I have heated leather seats in my 2016 Elantra. Whenever we turn the heat on theres a wierd smell and my leather is cracking on my seats and armrest.

• Su
    Summer2323 Aug 15, 2018

Bought our hyundai tuscon November 2017. Yesterday, July 8th, our car engine caught on fire mid drive. Hyundai needs to be including tuscon's in their recalls. This is going to kill someone.

• Wa
    Wayne Tuskowski Aug 20, 2018

Hyundai had been a favorite of mine until this issue has raised. This car has 70, 000 miles on it and has some major cylinder or compression problems. Is this my fault as this car has had all the required services done. All I am asking for is an engine replacement. I will pay the services or charges, just supply me a replacement engine.

• Cd
    cDisappointedc Aug 21, 2018

I am the second owner of a 2016 Tucson. Suddently the engine failed. Since Im the second Owner Huyndai Brandon states I have no coverage at all.

Im on the hook for a rebuilt motor on a 2 year old car

• Ro
    Rob Ram Sep 06, 2018

Driver side Seat warmer burned my back and made me Two blisters on a short 20 min drive.

• Dw
    Dwayne56 Sep 10, 2018

Took a 2017 Hyundai Elantra for oil change at Napelton River oaks Hyundai two days later car making loud noise and barley drivable.

• To
    Tom quinn Oct 03, 2018

Test drove a car
    The main company is supposed to mail it
    Didn't get it in mail

• Vo
    Vonnie Wester Langer Oct 22, 2018

Car constantly stalling at low speeds fine on highway at higher speeds car starts right back up with no problems no lights or symbols coming up saying there's something wrong

• Mi
    Mika79 Oct 22, 2018

My car seem to be stuck in 2nd gear limp mode and I have spent a lot of money trying to figure out what is wrong with it and I can't wait to figure it out.

• Ki
    Kimberliegh Nov 12, 2018

I have been having problems with my central lock on my Hyundai grand I10 for 18months now. It's been resolved and now my alarm keeps going off for no reason at all. Please assist me

Malcolm Reddy Nov 14, 2018

Hi I did lay a complaint yesterday and someone did call me today however I wasn't able to take the call as I was in a meeting this morning...

Please can you'll call back

Thanks
    Malcolm Reddy

• Ro
    rob riege Nov 19, 2018

I have a 2014 sonata that I bought new. Hyundai dealership told me the engine is bad. It has 36, 000 miles and Hyundai will not honor it's 100, 000 mi warranty. I'm out $503.00 in tear down bill and a $31, 000 car. Don't buy Hyundai.

• Do
    Donnell Riley Apr 22, 2019

I have trouble with my 2017 Hyundai Tucson from the week I bought it in 2017 I had my car turbo service many time every time in a week the turbo light come on and the car don't have no get up the so call dealer said it was fix they lied

• Xg
    XG300 Apr 30, 2019

This car has had recalls on the rust issues. The gas tank is completely rusted out and dangerous along with the lines. This has been a cronic problem with this car.

Richard Berkemeier
    P.O. Box 7084
    Warwick, Ri 02887-7084

401-954-7779

• Al
    alwaysbroke 1 Aug 13, 2019

the rear back door will not open from the inside or the outside . have tried everything to get it to open and the child safety lock isn't on. it is a 2017 hyundai elantra. I've read online about others experiencing the same issue . why hasn't a recall happened. please don't wait until something serious happens as a result of this issue.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices