Hyundai I20new i20 over heating

I bought a Brand new hyundai i20 from a dealership in pretoria. Just after 1000km the car started to over heat and I also realised when I needed to use my fog lights it wasn't working either.
I took it in for repairs but no one wants to tell me why it's over heating so new.
I am very unhappy and dissappointed that this is happening to a new car with so little millage on,
WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN AT 10 000KM

• Vi
    vivek_PUNE Nov 23, 2016

I have an i20 magna, which was purchased in 2012. I have been facing overheating problem since last 1 and half year. I have visited GARVE MOTORS in Pune for this problem and I was suggested to replace some part or the other for the overheating problem, I have replaced coolant cap assembly, radiator as recommended. I was still facing the overheating problem when took my vehicle for longer ride or on slopes. Recently i got my car serviced in Sep'16 and asked them to check for any other problem as I was going to travel out of city.
    While traveling with family i faced the same problem again and car was heating excessively, somehow i managed to reach city area and had to leave my car there only. After sometime, I took my car again to GARVE MOTORS and I was told that there is problem with the engine and there is coolant leakage in the engine that is why the overheating problem was coming. IT TOOK more than 1 YEAR to HYUNDAI guys in identifying the root cause of problem and I was given a fat estimate in the range of 20K-80K depending on the problem which will be identified during testing.
    I am still not sure if I will be facing the same issue after getting this work done.

I was going to the same service center to make sure my car will be serviced and repaired properly. It seems I was wrong I should have taken my car to a better place for servicing and repair work. I had a very bad experience after this incident, I dont think HYUNDAI is a reliable automotive brand and the quality of work done at service centers is also bad.

I will appreciate if any authority can look into this matter and take appropriate action.

saurav singh Apr 28, 2011

i bought i20 . My car jst ran 4000 km nd nw i m facing excess overheating problem . Even getting mileage of 7km per litre .