HSBC Holdingssuch abysmal corporate culture, and customer service by hsbc bank managers in egypt.

S Jun 09, 2019

FAO: Jacques Emmanuel Blanchet
Dear Mr/Monsieur JE Blanchet,
Upon my request, I have asked both my old ill-health, with poor medical condition cousins to open an HSBC account in Egypt and they were told that to open an account they will need the equivalent of $2000 US dollars!
Both my cousins are well into their mid-sixties. One had an open heart surgery last year and the other has a severe condition of type B diabetes.
As the Chief Executive of HSBC Bank Egypt, I am sure you are aware that 90 million of the 100 million citizens of Egypt are living below the breadline.
Would you please confirm that this $2000 condition/policy to open an HSBC account in Egypt is a corporate policy that you are aware of? Condon? And is also approved by your leadership team?
It would be great to find out that such policy exist so that I can share with the World that HSBC provides "a regal service to the elite" and if you are a peasant or a riff raff then please go and open an account with Western Union if you wish to transfer money to your less fortunate ill-health relatives!
One of my cousins managed to borrow the sum of $2000 US dollars to open the HSBC account and the other cousin did not have the financial support from his friends and family!

I have set up this account as one of my payee to enable me to transfer the money they require for their medication.

As not every HSBC branch in Egypt has its own identifier, I have transferred a modest amount £50 to test that it will go through and the account is all set up correctly.

When my cousin went to his HSBC branch to withdraw the $2000 US dollars from his account to pay back his friends and family, he was intercepted by the branch manager who said something in the rude tone of, "why are you taking your money out of your account? If you do not like to bank with us then go and find another bank"

Would you please confirm that such highly regarded customer service approach from the HSBC branch manager is also a corporate policy that you approve? And sign off with pride? If not, then please provide the measures and a detailed reassurance that such appalling and disgraceful behaviour will be eradicated from your senior staff members that represents HSBC in Egypt.

I will be writing to the HSBC HQ in London and file a formal complaint against the total humiliation that my cousins have endured to carry out my request.

I await your response with great anticipation.

Yours Sincerely