Menu
HSBC Holdings
reviews & complaints

HSBC Holdings
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

367 complaints
171 resolved 196 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HSBC Holdings. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
1:49 pm

HSBC Holdings - deceptive trade tactics

I was a cardholder for HSBC/Best Buy card back in 1999. That account was closed. I opened a new account in 2010 that was put in their "plan b" program without any notification. Their "plan b" program provides a very minimal balance without the opportunity to increase the limit. Had I been made aware of this, I likely would not have accepted the card.

Since they gave me every impression that I had a normal card, I proceeded to use the card frequently in hopes of increasing the limit so that I could make the TV purchase for which I originally applied. It was considerably more than the limit I was given originally. After about 8 months of frequent use and perfect payment history, I applied for a credit limit increase only to find out that the limit I had was "the maximum amount allowed for my type of account".

I talked to several customer service reps and multiple supervisors all of which informed me that since I was "plan b" that my only option to get a credit limit increase would be to close that account and reapply.

I did not want to do this, because it would put another inquiry on my credit as well as another account on my credit both of which would negatively impact my credit score.

In September of 2011 I contacted them again about the issue, and a rep suggested that I close the account and reapply in store. She went on to say that I could call back and get HSBC to merge the new account with the recently closed account which would make it appear as one account on my credit report.

Taking the HSBC rep's advice, I closed my existing account and reapplied at the store and was approved for an adequate limit to make my purchase. A month later I contacted HSBC to have the merge the my accounts and was told that HSBC does not merge accounts.

This whole scenario is very frustrating. In my opinion, its a very deceptive practice on the part of HSBC to be so hush hush about putting someone into a plan that greatly restricts their ability to use the card as they may have intended when they applied, and then to have in place a policy that allows them no leeway to correct the problem once its done.

I would very much like for HSBC to merge my Best Buy credit accounts so that my current account reflects my original account open date, and that the accounts are reported as only one account on my credit report.

A
1:35 am

HSBC Holdings - late fee for a non receipt of bill

I am extremely disappointed on how I was treated by HSBC. I have been a cardmember for a few years now, have managed and maintained my account in excellent standing. Then October this year, I did not receive my bill in the mail. My bill was for P492.19, a post paid phone subscription. I did not realize it until I saw my phone bill and so I paid it right away. I didn't know if I made it on my due date. My Nov bill came Nov 26 and I saw a P600 late fee for the P492.19 bill. I didn't worry about it because I thought your Company values their cardmembers and requesting for a courtesy adjustment for a late fee for not receiving my bill will not be a problem. But I learned that that is not the case. I called Nov 26 to request for the reversal of the late fee for not receiving my previous bill and I was told the request will be processed in 3 banking days. And so I waited, gave them more than 3 banking days. Today, dec 5, my due date for that said late fee, I called and followed it up. To my further disappointment, I was advised the request is still being processed and investigated. I escalated it to a supervisor named Jerry Arandia but he wasn't able to do anything as well for me. He even told me that the turn around time for my request is 3-5 banking days just to say that they are still within the processing time. But I was told only 3 banking days.I was really disappointed and shocked that HSBC would do this to me. If this is how they treat their cardmembers then I wouldn't be surprised if they will loose cardmembers one by one. Not only that I will stop using my card, I will tell all my family and friends to never ever use their HSBC cards because the company doesn't know how to value their cardholders.

9:05 pm

HSBC Holdings - unauthorized charge

A mysterious charge for $9.99 showed up on my Chase credit card for "HSBC*CREDITKEEPER" 3 days ago. I've disputed the charge with Chase to have it removed. I did not authorize this charge nor sign up or use any such service, it just showed up. I'm vigilant with my credit card, and just noticed the charge online today. It was not on any prior statement, so someone has fraudulently charged this amount to my card.

May 12, 2012 12:58 pm

I realized that I was charged 9.99 for 2 years, thinking it was some fee for having the card because I stupidly received my statement online and did not read it, just trusted the scam artist. But after paying over 400 in those charges because they began charging me double charges of 9.99 for the last 4 months before I finally got them to cancel both so called membership's. When I spoke to Credit Keepers to find out what my membership materials or number that I would have received if I truly was a member they did not have any record of a membership for me and did not know why I was charged all this time. They told me to file a dispute with the credit card company which I did in November of 2011. They looked into it and several account managers told me over the phone that it was their error and all the charges should be refunded and they always ended the call with apologies and promises to return my call with answers in 1 to 2 business days. I have made the calls 7 times sat for hours on the phone and requested information on the charges from HSBC to send back to them for the proof and not heard one word in response to this day. The only thing they ever did was credit a one time charge of 9.99 for the November charge of credit keepers and they did cancel the two fees from occurring monthly after that. I can not imagine a more crooked company than this one and I am getting my daughters new boss who runs a financial firm and his a lawyer to assist me in getting them to refund this money to my account. Beware Of Best Buy Credit Card and all credit cards that offer and try to push the Credit Keeper Product on you!

Jan 17, 2012 12:58 pm

To follow up, this charge appeared again two more times (and I disputed and had it removed with my credit card) and I called them myself. The HSBC representative apologized, transfered me to someone who could help. They apologized, said that my name on my card did not match the credit card number they had in the file, and said someone must have keyed it in wrong in the computer. Promised me it would not happen again. Gave me a confirmation number. Then yesterday, the charge showed up AGAIN on my credit card account for the fourth time. I am livid. I will call them again, and also this time have my credit card cancelled and replaced with a new number to assure it doesn't happen again. Seriously, I have spent at least an hour now disputing these four false charges for $9.99, costing me time and cell phone minutes and I'm very, very unhappy they promised to fix it and yet did not. This business is far from professional. I think it's a giant scam.

H

HSBC Holdings - no service bad phones

I just paid a motorcycle off and sold the bike. HSBC is holding the title for 30 days to let funds clear! It was an EFT transfer the funds cleared immediately. Do not try to call unless you have a degree from MIT, it is impossible to talk to a human and when you do not even a supervisor is willing to help! Not once did any person give any effort to help only to get you off the line!

A
8:17 pm

HSBC Holdings - false usage bill generation of credit card and getting unwanted calls and threatening of paying outstanding false bill, and case/complain against me.

I had owned a credit card during year 2007. I had never used it, but somehow HSBC credit card dept generated a bill, and I received several calls regarding outstanding amount that I had to pay. At every call I asked them for usage bill, but I never received it through neither mail nor post.

Now what I understand with whole situation that I can’t trust people related to this bank and if future I never go for HSBC Credit Card and never suggest to any of my friend or colleague or even anybody.
This is really very ridiculous because such a famous and global world bank is doing this kind of behavior threatening, abusing, dishonoring with their customer for just getting some amount. I can’t believe this bank any more.

Details are:
Name: Abhay Anand Mishra

Mobile Number: 9922404460
According to my perspective, I am not responsible for any payment and this is completely a false case. I want my clearance in this matter, my clear credit history and taking back the case which is filed against me.

K
7:46 pm

HSBC Holdings - fraud dept.

These idiots put a restraint on my checking account, saying that they need to verify funds tranferred into my checking account. And they know the funds were tranferred from another HSBC bank! This has never been a problem with my old HSBC checking account, but with my new checking account I signed up for online. Avoid bank to bank tranfers if at all possible to avoid them doing this to you.

5:32 pm

HSBC Holdings - card membership charges

I am HSBC credit card holder since April, 2007. Card No-4476 9299 8631 0628, HSBC Bank has charged Rs 700/- as card membership fee first time without informing me in the statement period from 15-4-11 to 15-5 11 .
Request for wavier of this membership fee of Rs 700/- as I have never paid in past four years.
Regards
Malvinder walia
[email protected]

Sep 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Dude. You posted your credit card number :o

11:46 am

HSBC Holdings - hsbc banking problems

HSBA Dubai, one of the country's largest banks and the biggest bunch of tools I have ever delt with.
My Complaints are as follows:
1. My HSBC bank card no longer works in any HSBC ATM. It works fine on every body elses ATM?
2. It took 6 phone calls & 3 visits to the bank to get a replacement bank card.
3. It took 3 months to get the new card issued and courried to me. (Thats the Premier Service. Id hate to see the Standard service.)
4. 2 months later and I am still unable to activate the new card. As their phone banking services are faulty.
5. 15 plus calls later, still no card, phone banking still dosent work and all the security details are in my wifes name. I cant answer any of the security questions they ask me and im a man ...so they hang up.
6. It has taken me 3 years to get a Visa card issued in my name. (& yes it actually works)
7. Random account freezes and overdraft penalties due to non-payment of loans, when there has been over 65k in the bank to pay off 6k owing ? Aparently computer errors cause this ...not some idiot on a computer.
8. The customer service ###s dont understand english...or arabic for that matter. I have no idea where they hire these monkeys from.
9. All the HSBC staff travel to their workplace everday by bus, car and train. But not one tool can actually give you the right address of where they work or where the Main branch office is located. Im suprised these idoits don't get lost going to the bathroom, or forget to breath.
10. It take $400AED, 3 branches, 4 people and 2 weeks of traveling around to get a car ownership certificate issued incorrectly? and then be told I have to pay another $400AED for the correct one. WTF?
11. All of my credit card & bank details were stolen by a corrupt employee and then their main credit card server got hacked. Well at least some guy in Lugan Russia managed to get a fully working bank card in my name and make a few purchases on it. I still can't even do that.

This is not a banking service ...its a complete mess.
I'd like to send them a bill for the time Ive wasted running around for them.

Matt.

G
8:08 am

HSBC Holdings - settlement of credit card done

Dear Sir, I Mr. Shashikant M. Ghadi, holding HSBC Credit Card A/c No: 4476929987210249. This is to inform you that I have already done the settlement with full & final payment to the HSBC Bank. The settlement was done through your collection agency GURUSAI ENTERPRISES. The collection person Name: Mr. Sunil Patil & his senior person who had come at the time...

View 0 more photos
11:17 am

HSBC Holdings - closure of credit account no. 4384599989342976

This has Ref to earlier letter dated 11 July 2011, it is to bring to your notice that your business executive visited my office in year 2008 and without my consent opened credit account and issued credit card in my name in April 2008.
The said credit account is never operated by me and no transaction whatsoever amount was, ever made by me. It is clarified that credit card issued to me by your business executive has never been used by me at any point of time.
It may please be noted said to note that despite my repeated requests in past to your bank, to close the credit account mentioned above, you have taken no steps to close the Account in question and you are illegally showing the credit balance amount of Rs 14000 against said account.
Needless to say that I have never availed /utilized the services of credit card and account in question.
Therefore it is ridiculous to see that an unexplained credit balance being shown against the said account and same has not been closed despite my repeated request .By way of this letter you are being put to notice that in case account in question is not closed with immediate effect, then I shall be constrained to proceed against you at your cost and risk before the appropriate competent authorities and you will be fairly responsible for the consequences that may follow.
It is for your information and necessary action please.
Regards,
Subhash Awasthy
E-02 Ambuja Colony
Village Daburjee P.O. Lodhimajra Distt. Ropar – 140113
Mob 9872972358 ; mail id : [email protected]

D
8:37 am

HSBC Holdings - service

I have to agree with the nay sayers HSBC DUBAI is one of the No actually the worst bank I have ever used. The phone service is terrible it is impossible to ask a question without being sent to multiple people with long waits in between and having to give all your identifying details each time - the result typically is after a long wait to be disconnected mysteriously before receiving the answer to your question if you are persistent you may actually reach someone who will tell you to go into a branch and inquire. If you go into a branch they often tell you they don't have the forms needed to make an inquiry or change a service and that you will need to locate those online and mail them somewhere. UGH! Their response to unhelpful phone service is to have a 'premium account personal banker' LAUGH! La dee da I actually have one of those and apparently he's been on vacation for the past year and he doesn't return calls. I agree with the numerous posters above charges are definitely suss I am continually getting charged 100 to 150 dhs with various descriptors on statements that cannot be explained by HSBC representatives. I and a number of my co-workers also using HSBC were surprised to discover that our credit card interest has simply been increased without notice during this time and one co-worker's credit limit was halved because he paid of the credit card each month and left no balance. I was referred to the bank when I arrived in Dubai by my employer about 4 years ago and took out a loan. I made the mistake of topping up the loan last year when it was almost paid off because HSBC was running a 'special' promotion with lower interest of 4.7% however for the last few months the interest has magically increased to 9.9% payments taken out immediately with salary installments but no one can explain why. In addition I was charged double for an ATM withdrawal last month -despite having the receipts showing that only one withdrawal was made and that I received a timed out message when attempting another it took 6 phone calls, downloading an online dispute form sending it in to an 'investigative body' and then waiting another 15 days a total of (23 days) before the money was credited back to my account which by the way was a large amount that overdrew my account and I was charged interest and over-limit fees for - still not cleared . I agree with the latest poster that it may actually be the region though and overall management practices in the banking industry however the sheer amount of inaccuracies in favor of banks suggests that the chaos will continue as the banks are profiting from it. Everyone in the UAE seems to have stories of mistreatment with their banks and long term residents simply shrug and say that bad banking and service is simply a given in the region. When I've asked for referrals people are never confident or satisfied with their own banks and will typically say I'm with so and so but have this issue or that with them. I tend to think that this nonchalant acceptance of being overcharged or accepting unexplained interest charges etc is why all these practices continue. I have to admit I'm guilty as well I continue to allow unclear charges monthly on HSBC statements to continue unexplained and will only go through the painful attempt at requesting refunds or reversals if the amount is large.Basically, if you are working full time it is somewhat impossible to regulate. HSBC will reverse things if I consistently bother them about it but they make it a time consuming painful, stressful and expensive process so as a customer you have to weigh whether the fee or overcharge amount is actually worth the effort to appeal it. If the majority of customers simply allow unexplained interest hikes, unexplained fees and charges and double charges on money transfers the bank makes a substantial profit . By making the application procedure to claim back charges difficult and phone calls unhelpful and branch timings hard to attend customers are literally lulled into accepting unethical practices and bogas charges Last year, I started looking for a new bank visited 3 called at least 2 more and was basically told by all that they would love my business and would have a sales representative call me. A month after making inquiries I grudgingly accepted that the problem was indeed perhaps endemic of the region as none of the 5 new banks had bothered to get back with me on my inquiries regarding their services and transferring my account despite contacting them all once again repeating my request of services available and a desire to move my account. This is odd when as overseas 'new customers' are usually signed up in a day thus I agreed on the 'top up' with HSBC (sigh) seeing no viable alternative. Rakbank was the only one to ever contact me but that took 35 days after my initial inquiries about their services and two days after deciding to take a loan and stick with HSBC. My husband who had been overseas was an HSBC supporter and a year ago said to me that I should stick with them as they were globally recognized however now that he's permanently in Dubai and has a Dubai Islamic account (required by his employer) he's changed his mind now that he is here and has witnessed first hand the service I receive he can't wait till I clear up this loan this year and switch accounts he has had none of the trouble I have and he can't believe there is no authority to appeal these charges . I truly hope he has found a good bank with reasonable services however I admit that after 4 years I am a bit jaded and suspect that he's simply in the honeymoon stage and wouldn't be surprised if he too suddenly as unexplained trumped charges to complain about with his bank in the near future. Regardless, I have another 6 months to observe his services before I am free to transfer from HSBC anyway which I will do because despite the bad service I hear from people about their banks I'm usually able to top their tales with the horrible service HSBC offers and now I know that any last minute great loan offers they might offer to persuade me to stay with them will only increase later unexplained.

N
1:11 pm

HSBC Holdings - problems closing accounts

"Closed" accounts come back to life when the computer calculates and pays that month's interest. Then minimum balance fees are imposed, apparently forever, or until you hit the trigger to begin collection actions that can play havoc with your credit score. On 3/3 I closed my checking account. On 3/15 it came back to life when six cents of interest wa...

C

HSBC Holdings - unauthorized withdraw of money

June 4, 2011 I spoke with a CSR from HSBC regarding scheduling a payment from me to them for my RewardZone Mastercard. I couldn't give them a payment that day, so I arranged to call in or use the website to make a payment around the 13th of June. No problem "ok ma'am, I'll make a note of that and will be looking for the payment around then." Well that CSR or whoever, took it upon themselves to make an ACH withdrawal from my checking account on the 15th, 17th and the 20th. Each time it got returned due to insufficient funds, obviously. How can I resolve this problem with them when I cannot reach anyone in charge or at least the CSR called me today the 23rd that no manager is around and continued to belittle and patronize me during our conversation. The unauthorized withdrawal or the 3 attempts, caused my other ACHs to be returned and numerous fees to pile high. Finally I had to pay my bank a Stop-Payment fee just so HSBC would quit trying to collect my money illegally. So far, no one will connect me to a person of more power than a condescending CSR or one who cannot understand me due to a language barrier. If anyone can help me out that would be appreciated. I need to hire an attorney obviously, so they (HSBC employees) will listen or take any kind of remorseful action on my behalf. I don't think stealing people's money is a professional business tactic buy hey Madoff did it so I guess they think it is okay as well. Not in my book!

Jun 24, 2011 12:58 pm

so I guess you were already delinquent on the 4th, else why would they be asking you for a payment. Then you didn't pay as promised on the 13the, right? What was that you said about illegal?

4:18 am

HSBC Holdings - mortgage fraud

To whom it may concern: My mother recently passed away and I've been helping my father with his affairs. During the course of reviewing the mortgages I noticed that my parents HSBC balance was still around $16, 000. My parents purchased the home in Sept.1992 the loan had the following details. Original Principle Balance-$50, 343 at 8.5% over 360 months (30...

E
2:08 pm

HSBC Holdings - refused to accept my payment

Due to the economic situation, sometime back I found myself with some rather delinquent credit cards, with one of those being a cincinnati reds credit card issued by hsbc (seperate from my original hsbc account). unable to send full payment, I sent a token payment and informed them I would try if possible to send such payments until I was once again able to resume making regular payments. needless to say, this was of course not satisfactory with the creditor. I have exhausted every other possibility I could think of with the only other choice being bankruptcy. a choice I would rather not make however, current circumstances may leave me no other alternative.

1:33 pm

HSBC Holdings - credit card blocked

Hsbc did it again... I have a platinum card issued by hsbc uae last week. I could only use it for few days before I started getting a message "do not honor" at few outlets. I called hsbc and strangely I found out that the card has been blocked. the system does not show any reason of blocking it. I was also not informed by anyone from the bank. after...

W
3:31 pm

HSBC Holdings - credit on account not refunded

Letter sent to hsbc:

As of today, I have a credit of $2170.60 on my account with your company. I have phoned the following number 1-800-365-0292 on various occasions to discuss this credit and have requested that the amount be refunded to me. unfortunately it has become clear with all my conversations that your representatives have not been accurate in giving me the facts regarding this transaction. below is a history of the times I have called your company and what I was told regarding the refund check by your representative:

May 23, 2011 – told by your representative that a refund check would be generated and sent out by close of business today.

May 27, 2011 - told by your representative that the money would be refunded to me via fed express overnight. obviously the representative I spoke with on may 23, 2011 did not process the transaction.

May 31, 2011- told by your representative that the refund check was sent out on may 30, 2011 should be rec’d with two working days.

June 2, 2011 – I call again and spoke with heidi. ext. 78152 id# hrs87h. it was explained that the check was sent out on june 1, 2011 and I should have the check in two working days. so again, the representative I spoke with on may 27, 2011 did not process the transaction.

The history clearly indicates that every time I inquired on the status of my refund check, I have been receiving conflicting information from your representatives.

This is a formal written request for your company to refund the amount of $2170.60 to me. if the money is not to be refunded, I request a written response by your company explaining its position.

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mrs. jeanette woods

B
2:58 pm

HSBC Holdings - raised monthly interest!

This credit card company is a fraud. Unless you are planning on getting a GM vehicle, do not get this card! You can't use the "earnings" for anything else, other than a car, and even so, they give you very little points. My main complaint about them, however, is that they hiked up my APR by 15% just before a bill was passed that would prevent companies from doing this. I have never missed a payment on my credit card, never late, and always paid more than the minimum. These opportunistic crooks will rob you blind! I am stuck paying 25% in interest every month! After that they actually had the nerve to send me an email saying that they have noticed that I haven't been using my card. REALLY?

Update by bk11102
May 25, 2011 4:31 pm

I used the card for two things, one semester of school and glasses that I needed to see with. So I am pretty sure they both qualify as emergency purchases. I didn't even have insurance at the time. Like I said, I was playing 2x the minimum and they still hiked my APR up. They have also taken money out of my account twice prior to the scheduled date of withdrawal. My mistake on the interest every month, but it is still shady to do that to someone who was making payments diligently. I wouldn't be upset if it was a 5% raise... Apparently I'm not the only one who has had this happen to.

D
4:02 pm

HSBC Holdings - rip off

We were in the same boat. we had re-finaced our mortage and then was sold to hsbc. that was something I will regret from now on. things went ok for a while as long as the payments were on time, but then my husband was laid off for three months. when he finally got another job it was for alot less than he had been making. we called and told them what was going on and that we would get things caught up as fast as we could. we sent one payment then another and by then still owed two. we had asked if we could pay the principle payment payment and put the others at the back of the loan. one lady told us if we made one payment that she would defer the other to the back of the loan, so we did. then when we sent the next payment they refused it. they would not take anymore payments unless we became current. since we could not do that we received foreclosure papers. we then had to get an attorney and file chapter 13 to stop the foreclosure. for the past 4 years we have had almost 300.00 taken out of my husbands check every week. some weeks he would only bring 200.00 (sometimes less). a week. all because they would not work with us at all. they favorite saying is all or nothing.

L
6:44 am

HSBC Holdings - theft - worst customer service in the world

After eight years of being a loyal customer of HSBC it is once again that they prove that their customer service team is quite possibly the worst in the world.
When I opened my accounts at the bank, I was given a savings account for my salary transfer, a mastercard, viascard and insite credit card for telephone and internet purchases.
A few years ago I received notification that the internet card would no longer be a service on offer, so I finalised my bill and discontinued using it. Unfortunately I had previously signed up for small monthly charge of approximately 12dhs per month on a public speaking website. This continued automatically being charged to this account and because I was unsure on how to cancel it, I proceeded to pay the charge each month, transferring money from my savings account. In August 2010 the internet credit card details dropped off my internet banking and I assumed that it had been closed for good. I had no way of viewing any details and I never received any hard copy bills in the mail. Fast forward six months later and I start receiving calls from collections telling me I owe them over AED 500 in charges and asking if can I pay that today? After questioning them what I owed them for, it was approximately 70dhs in accrued charges and the rest late fees that had been accumulating each month. I asked them how I was expected to pay the account when firstly I was unaware that I had any charges and secondly the account didn't exist on my internet banking so I has no way of transferring the funds. I advised them I would agree to pay the amount that had accrued from the charges but had no intentions of paying the late fees. After several weeks of harrassing calls, talking to deaf ears I had a customer service representative agree to credit back one late fee if I made the payment of AED395 and cancel the charges from the Public Speaking site. At this point I was sick of the phone calls so agreed to make the payment on the provisor I'd never hear from them again. Firstly i was told I could do this by credit card...but no I couldn't use a HSBC card, then I tried my Mashreq debit card which seemed to be fine but then a few days later the phone calls started again (this didn't process even though the money was in the account). They tried this again, then a few days later they are calling again. I decide then to go to an instant deposit atm, planning to deposit into my savings account and then transfer it to the card. The result, the machine eats my card as the account has been dormant for too long. As a result, this required a visit to the branch, involving taxi fares and time wasted in my schedule which consists of a full time job, studying and volunteer work.
I deposit the amount agreed to and do not hear anything more for three months. Then the phone calls start again, I am furious and demand to speak with a supervisor immediately, after I have been told I need to pay them another 500dhs in charges. This time consisting of only late fees that have been accruing on top of each other. I advised him that I would not be paying them and that someone needed to take ownership of this problem and they were harrassing and thieving from me and none of these charges were through any fault of my own and a result of nothing other than the banks incompetencies.
The supervisor was extremely apologetic, agreed with me and confirmed that he would sort this out for me and credit any charges back to my account. The phone calls stop...for two weeks and then they start again, nothing resolved. The customer service representative asking me once again, if I can pay the charges today. I aske for a faxed copy of all the transaction details from August last year, apparently this can't be provided - he told me to check online (after I had just told him I had no access to this account online.) The branch itself told me they don't have the record either as it has moved to collections, so at this point I am being told that basically no one can provide me with a copy of my statements, which I am almost certain, legally I have the right to view. I was also told that he couldn't tell me who I spoke with two weeks ago as he didn't have access to this information, however he could contact the supervisor and get him to call me back (total contradiction going on in that sentence.) What frustrates me even more, is that I have worked in a call centre in the past, so I know how the systems work, more to the point how it should work.
It has now been two days, I have not received a call back from the supervisor or anyone else. I'm wondering how many days this will last and who will take ownership of this problem.
Can anyone offer any advice as in my own country there are procedures to follow if you want to make complaints. I don't want to speak to anyone over the phone. I want to document this in writing or have a third party involved. Any recommendations would be appreciated. :-)

J
Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm

I agree with you. HSBC is my current nightmare. I have been trying for 1 1/2 months to get the secure key to do online banking. They have yet to send it to me. Customer service is useless. The Premier Account (which I have) representatives respond to my emails, by using an automated out of office on a "REST DAY"! Now I have to fly to the UAE to close my account because I am so disgusted by them. If anyone retains a lawyer to bring a lawsuit, please contact me. They certainly deserve to be sued.

HSBC Holdings contacts