H&R Block / HRB Digitalemerald loan

A Nov 19, 2018 Review updated:

I tried for the loan and got denied although it said i was getting almost $4000 back. Then it said due to credit issues. I personally looked my credit history up before going and i dont have but 5 minor things on my report. I believe that the loan is given to whom they want to approve. If its a loan against your taxes, and they truly see that you're working, and see an estimate of what you're getting back why not approve you for the loan???🤔Especially if they get their money back right off of the top when you file your taxes. Plus they dont advertise that they run credit checks. I believe that the whole operation is a scam to get people hopes up.😡

• Sw
    SweetSmiles82 Nov 26, 2018

I have gotten the emerald advance every year since they started. I ALWAYS have it repaid through my tax return funds before I get anything back. I had a really rough year after a malpractice surgery that caused me to not be able to keep up on a couple of credit cards and needed the advance for my kids for Christmas. Because they run credit checks, even though they don't tell you that, I was denied. Now I cant do Christmas for my kids.. It would have been nice to know that they were going to run my credit so that I didn't waste the 30 mins drive to me disappointed this year.