H&R Blockdeceptive pricing

Well, I usually do my own taxes with the H&R Block software. This year I decided to let them do it. It was much simpler due to a year of unemployment, some stock gain, house payment and not much else. My mistake was thinking a tax expert could possibly know something to avoid paying too much since the IRS manual is huge. I figured $100; 1040A, and capital gains report. Their chart doesn't state that everything is an added fee. End result; I owed the IRS about $100 and H&R Block charged $240. Live and learn. Next year I go back to doing my own taxes and I NEVER use H&R Block software again. So if I live another 30 years they'll have lost more $ than they've gained in the end. Plus for the rest of my life I'll tell anyone never to use them since they are shady. My mistake but NEVER again. Like Charlie Sheen says: "Winning. Duh!" You lose H&R Block. My money goes to your competition until I die.

• Ta
    Taxprep4U Apr 10, 2011

The problem here takeallmymoney, is that you figured $100.00 for 1040A. It sounds like you have 1040A, Schedule A, Schedule D.
    You are not getting that return for $100, sorry Charlie!

I love how you say you will go to the competition till you die. Neither one does the training that Block does and yes they are just as expensive if not more expensive, but you go right ahead and give them a try.
    Block will still be "Winning. DUH!" LOL!!!