Hotwire.comhotwire refuses to refund the money

I purchased airline tickets through Hotwire.com for a holiday trip. The trip was cancelled by the airline and the airline agreed to refund the ticket price in late December. Hotwire refuses to refund the money to me because they are "waiting" for the airline to provide the check number of the refund. Hotwire knows how much money I paid and acknowledges that a refund was agreed to by the airline. At this point they are in possession of my original payment, plus the refund from the airline. Repeated calls to resolve the matter go nowhere, and I am not getting return calls by anyone with authority to fix the problem. This is UNETHICAL and Hotwire employees should be ashamed.

• Ar
    Ardrienne Saldera Aug 15, 2008

Excuse me,

But HW is a great company. They actually release the funds immediately. It is really up to "your ### bank" to get the funds posted back to you. I"m sure you've been refunded now, so quit your pitty ###. The website is for people who can understand and read the terms of use and listen effectivly. No matter where you went to a discount, you would be disappointed. Howwire provides better assistance than other discount websites I've used. Quit complaining, or take your remarcks off line. I"m sure a specialist let you know it was all up to your bank, and HW offers conference calls with banks to help release funds sooner if it is a problem. You obviously do not know how to listen and will never be happy receiving discounts. I recommend that you don't use discount sites and book directly through the airlines or a travel agent. And by the way, travel agents use Hotwire all the time.

Get a grip,

Adriennne

• Ho
    hotwireipoop! May 07, 2009

Andrienne must be a ###ing worker at hotwire. They are a ###ing ### company who desperately sucking on people money.

• Am
    Amy Pell Aug 14, 2018

Itenerary number [protected]. When we went to check into our room tonight, motel did not have a booking for us. We called hot wire and they had a booking for us but it was not related to hotel. I will never use hotwire again as many other visitors to hotel had complaints about your service.

• Bi
    biju mohamed Aug 20, 2018

Hotel was overbooked and was unable to provide quad room as paid for via hotwire. Asked to write to hotwire as a formal complaint for a refund
    booking ref [protected]
    date of stay 31/3/18-1/4/18

• Di
    Dinh Chau Aug 20, 2018

My name is Thang Nguyen. My confirmation number is [protected]. I have reserved a compact car with Thrifty for May 12 till May 14, 2018. Regarding to the booking, my charge would be $63.05. Thrifty charged my booking over $167 which is almost triple time what I expected. I felt unfair and very disappointed for my first time booking through hotwire.

• Pa
    Paespinozap Aug 20, 2018

Hello. We are stuck at lax rental, we made a reservation in advantage (itinerary number: [protected]) but they dont want to give us a car because our nationality. We are continously calling the support center but no answer. We need your support and a solutio. ASAP. We are not paying for a car we did not have!

Mark Tabaka Aug 28, 2018

Made a reservation for a hotel forgot one word in the name and they stole my money
    And won't fix it.

• Le
    Lee Zell Sep 01, 2018

I was charged for $164.84 for a car that I canceled 2 days prior to the pickup date due to some horrible "hot dates" or whatever. I'm from California and was traveling to Texas for my nephew's military funeral. I'm a disable veteran & need my money. December 28th, #[protected]

• Ab
    Abhilash Baiju Sep 10, 2018

Hey I'm a frequent traveler and always look on Hotwire for the best deals . I'm soo sad that the recent car rental which I had was really bad . The worst car with dirt from thrifty car rental . Car smelled soo bad and I personally had to go wash it . I wasn't allowed a replacement car . Rudest coustomer service too .

Marlene Hairston Sep 18, 2018

I was charged $73.13 from hotwire and was charged $61.16 from University hotel. Please help. I was told to screenshot my bank statement from hotwire.

Maya Evans Sep 18, 2018

I am staying at the laquinta in which was the hotel hotwire.com gave us. We had a two day stay. Both days the room next to us blarred music. I made a multitude of calls to the front desk, they responded they would call them and go to the room. But the music persists, currently.

• Ro
    Robert siefman Oct 21, 2018

Clerical error made me miss my flight and cost me 24 hours...4 hours on the phone...worst customer service of my 62 years on earth...probably going to sue unless i get my flight compef and 2 thousanf dollars compensation for lost time and

Damages...

• Fr
    frankiko Oct 21, 2018

I booked a room on April 2018 in New York city .And work issues arrive I was unable to make and call and cancel the reservation and until today ram waiting for the rembursment the customer service is terrible and the are acting like I am taking a loans from them .never ever buy from HOT =WIRE IS UFAWL COMAPNY.

SANiknam Oct 22, 2018

Booked a hotel through Hotwire. At the hotel reception I was told that they do not have any registration under my name and they can not let me in. Imagine, I was with family (two kids), took me two hours to reserve another hotel. After almost two months Hotwire is still researching. The customer service is beyond disaster.

Christophe C Oct 23, 2018

Hello,
    I made a reservation through Hotwire to stay in Holiday Inn ST CUGAT, reservation [protected].
    When I arrive in the hotel, they didn't find the reservation and I should pay my night. Holidau Inn contact you but never received news. Please credit me or solve this situation. C.CAMPION :campion.[protected]@gmail.com

James pirtone Nov 05, 2018

Book a car rental online, Hotwire says this car is not available. No car and Hotwire charges me $1.00 for nothing. They do have the car but now it's more money. Fauls advertising. How many people do they do this to. Would be a great class action lawsuit to check into.

• Br
    Bruce lesperabce Nov 06, 2018

Hotwire booked me a hotel in Saint Petersburg with a hotel that was being demolished within a month. The room was disgusting so we never stayed on the agreement with Hotwire to refund my 166 usd. It never happened and that was years ago. I have reservations about the integrity of this company so buyer be ware.

• Ad
    Adrienne Niecy Martin Ferguson Nov 13, 2018

I bought ticket but my mom died had to cancelled ticket was told to contact delta for refund.Back and forth for two months I sent all documents requested.Now hotwire won't approve refund.Spoke to Emily Jade from corporate and she was very very nasty and rude to me.She has no customer service skills.Shame on you hotwire I can't help my mother died

• Te
    Tee1215 Mar 02, 2020

Hotwire would not refund my money on a hotel that had bedbugs and dirty as heck. The cleaning woman said they keep bedbugs
    Extended stay in Greenville SC . The hotel managers was angry i wanted to leave,