Homemarkdefective milex vacuum cleaner

M

I am so disappointed in the Homemark customer care! I requested a refund for a Milex Vacuum Cleaner which I purchased online and is clearly defective and dangerous to use. I have only used it three times, the week it was delivered to see whether it was in working condition and twice after that when it started heating so bad I could not even hold the vacuum. I told the consultant that it is impossible to vacuum with such a product because it burns ones hands and I requested a refund but was told a refund can only be given 7days after purchase. So am I or my husband suppose to shock first before you refund our purchase. We do not want a replacement, but the consultant said you do not do refunds after 7days? I've requested the refund within 30days of purchase because the product started heating up after the 7days only!