HomeAway / VRBOaccount pulled/locked!

J Review updated:

Home Away sent an email to me today, stating that I can no longer advertise my vacation home with them.

I had no warning or explanation, they just said I wasn't following their rules.

The worst part is I have thousands of dollars of rentals coming in the next 3 months, and the company has locked me from my account. I have no names, emails or phone numbers to communicate with my renters!

I have never been so blindsided in my life...

I called them and they wont discuss anything with me. No complaints, no rules, no rationale, NOTHING.

They said someone may call me in 24 HOURS!

I feel completely violated...

• Mi
    Micknmina Oct 04, 2016

They dismiss you like they don't need the business. Let's hope they didn't throw you under the bus with your customers. What will you do with your renters when they show up having paid Home Away and you got nothing? I sure hope you resolved this situation before I read it, as Home Away was busying themselves with starting fights between me and MY landlord over something I asked THEM to do which did not concern a shortfall on the landlord's part.

• Ss
    ssali ismail Oct 08, 2019

This is ssali from uganda same thing happened to me immediately after putting my payment method had just opened up my account so i dont know whats going to happen there is no way to contact them.

• Ta
    Tac Tac Sep 20, 2020

I put up a rental and then they blocked me no reason given along with no ability to contact cust svs directly

I then created a new email acct and used that to start a new rental listing acct THAT one also got blocked and also with no explanation

The msg that popped up prior to the block was "Checking security settings" I wonder if it's bc I have a VPN and they cannot track my online activity???

There should be a troubleshooting link on their site since their algorithm is Block-Happy

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices