Home Depot Ny Metrohome depot employees convicted felons!

D

I was shopping at the home depot and noticed someone who looked very familiar.
I look a little closer and its none other than Genesi m ledesma!!
Apparently he is a "met" team supervisor after he was convicted of money laundering, fraud, theft and drug trafficing!
How do i know this?
Because he stole money from my fathers company for the last 3 years!!!
I am shocked that a store with such a reputable name like the home depot has convicted felons working for them as their management team!
Do they not run backround checks?
What did they think he was on vacation for 2 months??
Im am disgusted and i will never shop again at the home depot for allowing animals like this to work for them!

• Mi
    Mismatch Batchmunch Mar 23, 2015

All humans are animals, Complaint-ant. That is where you lost me; the unmistakable moment you couldn't resist dehumanizing another person to fully embrace your strong feelings. I agree, sympathize, or identify with much of what you said. But that animals remark was unnecessary and reminded us of your powerful bias, which is very understandable, but also risks turning you into the same thought pattern that fuels some criminal behaviors, believe it or not.

And the next commenter goes a step further, then, comparing theft/ fraud type charges to sex predators in a manner that mostly seems to do nothing but equate them. Next, that same person accuses the next replier, JuliePooh51265 --who pointed out that the felon seemed to have served his time, & presumably therefore one of the most factual things posted yet -- of being some sort of dangerous criminal sympathizer. That kind of unfocused blame-mongering is dangerous, particularly in a time when prison-for-profit is at an all-time high, and more Americans than ever have seen someone they care about become a part of the USA's prison-industrial complex. Or more importantly, you just called someone criminal for not agreeing with you. Remind me to never support your bid for public office.

To that shameful accuser, how are you different, I wonder, with your reckless words towards so many people you've never met? How does your lashing out help those who are struggling to redeem themselves amidst a system & country rife with mental health issues that no one seems to prioritize or figure out how to spend money on? I do not know how I can keep up an attitude like yours any longer against those who've wronged me, and live my life without premature illness.

I may be blessed enough to not have been to prison, but I know an ignorant person when I see one, for I have taken the discomfort to work towards knowledge of that which I do not understand. It is a lifelong effort. I'd wonder how long you'd last on the street, let alone in prison, if people knew that you consider any felon equivalent to a sex offender? That remark truly shows you've no interest in learning anything about deeper about how we make prison work best, or anyone who might be redeemable. You are more interested in stroking your anger and blaming than seeking solutions to a growing national crisis.

Dmendoza, you didn't even bother to clarify what the felon's sentence was (you said, "... vacation for 2 months?", so did he get white-collar sentence, or what?) What is the problem here, the sentencing guidelines, or the judge, or the deep pockets of the defendant? Or that your father was unable to get sufficient recompense for the money stolen from him/ his business? You cast too wide an angry net with your lashing-out, and you provide too few details. I suggest you work on that, whoever you are, or imho, you have outstanding potential to be misunderstood. It'd be a shame for you to only attract angry people to your post.

And to the person who jumped to defend the complaint-ant and turn this into a character attacking session, we have no doubts about what kind of person you are now. You told us very plainly, whiteboysteve. Sure, you're a law-abiding citizen like me, but I feel confident about entering a reality TV series competition with you, called "See Who Survives Longer In Prison". We're both probably ****ed, but the winning money is on me.

I don't want "bad guys" to get out of jail if they're gonna still be bad. But enough is enough, y'all are just starting to sound less like victims, and more like zealots. Learn about the system before you go blathering around aimlessly, even if it's "only on internet comment boards". And if you want the support of the rest of us, at least edit your posts next time.

Sincerely,
    A Concerned, Law-Abiding Citizen

• To
    tonybarrero Mar 23, 2015

Need anymore proof??

• JuliePooh51265 Aug 26, 2013

Actually, the 2 situations are completely different. While I agree, it would be foolish to hire someone to handle the money who has been convicted of money laundering, it's certainly not illegal to do so. When a convicted sexual predator (of children) is released from jail/prison, it is illegal for that person to have contact of any kind with children, even their own. So, you are talking apples and oranges here. The OP is upset because this person stole from his family and he knows him personally. The average Joe isn't going to know a workers background when they go shopping.

• Wh
    whiteboysteve Aug 25, 2013

I took the liberty to google the guy he said and its true!
    Amazing what one can find on the net these days. As far as the last comment goes, you sound to me like a fellow criminal defending man.

If it was my company i know i surely would not hire someone who was convicted for money laundering.
    Im not even sure what that exactly is but it sounds pretty bad.
    As far as the other offenses, i was asked to pay for a backround check so i have no idea what they can be.
    The last person here posted that the original poster should shop somewhere else lmao!
    Im sorry but we the "customers" are the ones moving the economy and we shouldnt have to go somewhere else because where we choose to shop happens to have people that
    society has already "marked" as unfit for whatever reason.
    For example, if he was convicted for a sexual offense towards minors and his job was to watch your child, would you be comfortable allowing him to do so?
    I think the same applies here, the op said the guy was a manager so obviously he would somehow be handling his money.
    And this applies even more if his title involves company payroll in any way.
    Just my two cents.
    Have a great day everyone.

• JuliePooh51265 Aug 20, 2013

The man obviously served his sentence (whether you agree with the length or not) and now has the right to make a living. It's not up to you to decide what he is qualified to do. That is up to his potential employers to decide. If they want to take a chance on him, that's their decision. IF you don't like it, I'm sure there are plenty of other places for you to shop.

• Sp
    speedyjoe Aug 19, 2013

I agree!
    With today's workforce being so demanding and with such a high unemployment rate, i can't understand why a big name like home depot would keep someone (as management none the less) who was convicted for a crime involving money.
    They should look a little closer at their staff and realize that they are putting themselves at risk keeping someone like that on their payroll.
    How Mr Ledesma still has a job at this point just proves to me that big companies like home depot, leows, walmart etc don't care who works for them as long as they just show up for their minimum pay jobs!
    I'm sorry you had to ecounter him after what happened to your father, and i'm sure after this comes to their attention they will actually do something about it!