Having problems with Home Depot?

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

Complaints & Reviews

Home Depotno refund for undelivered product

Placed an order on 02/02/13 via internet.
Order was for a dishwasher and installation. The monkees that came could not install the unit. I sent it back without it ever leaving the truck.Two Months later I called and asked about the credit I never received. They did not even know the product was never delivered. After 45 minutes on the phone I was transferred to a local store manager that also know nothing about this. I asked that it be credited to the credit card it was charged on and she told me thay do not keep credit card numbers for security reasons. She then insisted that I give her my credit card number over the phone. I refused as it is not secure. She also stated that they would not send a check for the monies owed. It seems they do not want to refund monies in a secure fashion.

• HomeDepot_Care May 08, 2013

Hi, Doug. Apologies for the problems with the delivery & install. I know it sounds strange, but it is correct that HD does not store customer's credit card numbers purchases are made with, for security and protection purposes. The store could have allowed you to come into the location to do the refund with your credit card. If this is still not resolved, please feel free to email me at [protected]@homedepot.com. Thank you.
      - Nicki A.
      Home Depot Customer Care
      Social Media Resolution Expediter

• Li
      Little Nipper May 09, 2013

Hell Depot has no records of your dishwasher being refused/returned and no refunds being issued, no knowledge of this whole thing and after spending all that time informing them and still they produce no refund? That's somewhat the nature of my complaint it took me 2 days to find out the simplest thing of which after dealing with them I am not still completely certain of anyways. Doug you spent 45 minutes on the phone? Hell Depot has no efficient way of refunding or knowing what is going on with their own orders & sales, how about offering a fax number for CC info? Hell Depot only makes a few billion in profits each year you'd think they could afford a fax number.

Home Depotdelivery service

I needed a new refrigerator and found that Home Depot had the best price on the model I eventually decided upon. After trying unsuccessfully to place the order online, which the over the Internet customer service was not able to help me with and finding out that while Home Depot does have a price match they will not price match a sale item :/ I finally gave up and went into the store to order said fridge. Well I ended up having to pay $50 more for it because they don't honor online pricing in the store but at least the fridge was ordered. This was Wednesday and the fridge was scheduled for delivery on Friday. Well Friday came and we got a call from the delivery guy that our refrigerator had been scratched, did we still want it? Umm of course not! So he said he would call and order a new one but it would be at least Tuesday because they don't deliver on Mondays. So I scheduled someone to come sit at my house on Tuesday as I had to take my husband to the airport. My husband is sitting in the terminal and gets another call that the delivery truck had broken down. Now it is rescheduled for tomorrow... We shall see if it shows up or not. It's a good thing my broken fridge has held on this long :/ thanks a lot Home Depot. Next time I'll be ordering through Lowes and getting my 5% off

• Kc
        K Coldwell Jul 13, 2015

I bought a refrigerator, range and microwave from Home Depot. I bought it on the 1st of the month and had it delivered on the 10th. It was supposed to be delivered between 1 and 4:00. I got a call saying they were running late. I understand this happens so no big problem. However, when the arrived the range was badly damaged and the fridge was missing a part. I had to refuse delivery of the stove but after being assured the small part would be UPSed to me I accepted delivery of the fridge. Of course it was after 5:00 on a Friday by this time so nobody could be reached to give me a date on a new stove. I called the delivery people on Saturday morning when they opened but was told they could do nothing until they got the stove from the manufacturer and I would have call Whirlpool/Maytag. I called them and was told I would have to wait for a phone call as they have a replacement team and they had to handle it. I asked repeatedly to speak to someone who could expedite as we were on a time line but was told sorry nothing could be done for 24 to 48 hours. So I decided to call Home Depot since,
        after all they are the ones I actually bought the appliances from. Well customer service to pass my message on to someone who did return my call but - SURPRISE - he said I would have to wait for the manufacturer. I heard nothing all day Saturday and of course nothing on Sunday. I called first thing Monday morning only to be told they have 24 to 48 hrs from Monday to respond. Not one person at Home Depot, Barlow's( the delivery company) or Whirlpool, could tell me if I could get the stove by the end of the week. I explained repeatedly that I just wanted to know because I had other contractors lined up and the stove would push the time line of everything back if not delivered. Not one person helped or even seemed to care. I also told them that on top of the delaying all of the construction at my house I didn't have any stove or oven for my family at all. Again this didn't seem to be their problem. I would not recommend using Home Depot because it's clear that if you have a problem they will not help you resolve it at all. If time and money weren't an issue for me I'd return all of the appliances and buy a different brand from a different store.

• Ye
        Yefim Guralnik Dec 22, 2016

the worst service. i bring this case to consumers protection layer Never again

• Ka
        Karen Kaplan Jul 17, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Washer from Home Depot.It was supposed to be delivered today. They arrived but could not bring truck up driveway because it was too high and would interfere with above head wires. They claimed the truck they normally used was taken and I would have to reschedule. They then refused to deliver item. After waiting over 2 weeks to get this thing delivered, I called Home Depot and cancelled item. This is not the first time I have had an issue with Home Depot's delivery people. It is the 4th. I gave them one more chance and they blew it again. Evidently the people offer them cheap contract and terrible service.. When they tried to deliver a riding mower they came with a tractor trailer, even though I told them DO NOT USE A TRACTOR TRAILER (they had done this in the past). Back that went. I have learned my lesson, albeit a bit late.
        Karen A. Kaplan 17 of July, 2018

• At
        At23456789 Nov 08, 2018

They call way to late the day before.

• At
        At23456789 Nov 08, 2018

Delivery service is extremely slow and they don’t call until after night time the day before

• Ka
        Karlton Healey Apr 01, 2019

19 hrs · Brooklyn, NY ·

I am a disabled veteran and was denied the Veterans discount at my local HomeDepot Cropsey Ave Brooklyn Ny 11224-store.The customer service advised me that there is no longer anyway to give the discount on items that are ordered online .The manager Dan was trying so hard to get the $1515.00 order discounted for me it almost took my anger and disappointment away.
        I wished to buy items that showed as in store but had to be ordered online for me to get them----soooo they are considered online orders.
        As per cashiers at the store corporate has removed the option to give veterans the discount but contractors can still get it.
        I have always used my local Home Depot for my appliances, home repairs.painting supplies and this time I wished to redo my bathroom($1515.00 order) at this visit.I was going to buy at least $1000.00 worth of tile, thinset, grout and caulking but my tile wasn't available
        so I would have to go home and look online for different tile.
        I can't tell you how upset I am to have to go to LOWES because of this.Homedepot "WAS" my go to place for my home repair needs.
        I am now getting on the phone to cancel my HomeDepot CC as I will not be using it anymore.
        This is not so much for me but for all Veterans that believe what used to be true - HomDepot does not look out for us Veterans anymore.

Home Depot — terrible customer &service&

Re: Store located at 20131 I-45 N, Spring, TX 77388 This evening my husband and I visited the store...

Home Depotwarranty of hot water heater

Dear Attorney General,

In 2007 I bought a hot water heater. As I was checking out at the register the sales lady scanned the Hot water heater and up came info on her register to ask me if I wanted a extended warranty. I asked her how much. Then she said the most expensive for 99.99 is a lifetime warranty on your hot water heater. I said ok I'll take it. Now in March of 2013 the same hot water heater went. I went back to home depot to pick up my new heater and they told me they needed the old one. I just drove 20 miles so I decided to pick up a new water heater then when I bring the old one back they could credit me. I installed the new one and put the old one in the truck. I dropped it off at Home Depot # 2665. When I was at the customer service desk a nice lady took care of me. She called the extended warranty people up but could not locate me in there system. She told me she would need the original receipt. Went back to the office and returned with the receipt. She called them back up and they wanted her to fax over the receipt. She told me they would give her a answer in a few days. She told me she would call me. Over a week went by and know one called me. I went back up to Home Depot and asked to speak to a manager on this. The customer service lady called the mod manager three times. She finally came up to customer service 17 minutes latter (Jessica [protected] ext 101) . She told me she would have to talk to the original customer service girl who handled it. No one called me back so I called corporate and spoke to Dwayne Benjamin. He told me he would look into it for me. He called me back later on in the day saying I should have never been charged for a life time warranty that someone made a mistake. I told him that’s not my fault and you need to honor the warranty. Since I paid 489.00 for the new hot water heater I wanted a credit for it. He told me he could only give me 279.00 credits for what I aid for it in 2007. And no credit for the 99.99 lifetime warranty. I told him forget it and we will have to go to small claims court. He said this was his offer and he would send a letter to me. It’s pretty bad when Home depot sells you a lifetime warranty and then doesn't honor it. I have lots of rental property and I do well over 30, 000 a year in business with them. Why would they want to lose a customer like myself over 200.00. I am forwarding a copy of this to our Attorney General to look into this matter and how many other people have got ripped off. By the way when I bought the new Hot water heater what do you think the register girl asked me again? "Do you want to buy our extended warranty? David Notarangelo [protected]) slip number in [protected]-37748) slip on new hot water heater [protected]). Update; a letter and documents have gone out to the attorney general. The media is next in less this issue is resolved!

Sincerely
      David Notarangelo
      61 Cleveland St
      Boston, Ma. 02136
      [protected] cell

• Km
          KMQ Apr 05, 2013

The Attorney General's office is not always the way to handle disputes.
          I had a simular problem and contacted the FTC. Here's the web http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/index.shtml and click file a complaint at the top of the page.
          Good Luck

Home Depot — fraud

I was living at home with my parents on 4/1/2004 and had no need for a Home Depot credit card at the age of...

THD/CBNAopen account

Account s/b reflected as closed; I do not have a 20, 000.00 credit card or account with them any more This needs to show closed not open

Home Depotwindow sales guy lied and conned to close sale with elderly woman

This is a complaint about the deploreable conduct of a Home Depot staff member invited to my home to provide a windows quote.

This project began as a one window project. I went into the local Home Depot store and spoke with an in store rep who was very helpful and set up an appointment.

On the day of the appointment you man was a no show. Now I will grant you that it was the day after the blizzard, but I would also note here that my neighbor who had an appointment with a Lowe's representative had his man arrive on time. Home Depot didn't even have the care or concern to call and tell us he wouldn't be coming.

Then 10 days or so later, we found voice message telling us he would be coming a 3PM Saturday... Note here that he never bothered to ask if that was a convenient time for us. It took 4 calls to the call center to get that appointment moved to the following week.

On the date of the now third appointment, the sales rep called to say he had a personal matter he needed to tend to and asked to make our appointment earlier in the day. So I juggled my entire day schedule to accommodate him only to find out when he arrived that he wanted an early afternoon so he could go to church! Forgetting the fact that I expect professional conduct during work hours from the people who are going to work on my home, I find it beyond reason that he had to change my whole day plan to go to a church that probably had a dozen masses the next day. Clearly in the case of Home Depot, customer service comes well after employee personal needs and desires.

The sales rep then continued for some twenty minutes to tell us about his religious beliefs and his past life of turning from God and how his wife brought him back to the church and cured his evil ways. I NEED to know this? I wanted to hear about windows and I get I'm a sinner? He then continued to embellish on that topic that he was now an usher in the church and gift carrier and that's why he needed to re-arrange my day so he could go do that.

OK fine, lets talk windows ?

No, now he goes into another 20 minute diatribe about his past work history in a kitchen at a senior center? Telling us all his experiences there until he was fired.

Now can we talk about windows?

Nope. Now we get a 15 minute whining session about how tired he is because Home Depot expects him to work for free at night doing paperwork and building his sales kits. He was so tired he could hardly think straight he complained. Great, I get a zombie to discuss my project! Then he told us how his salary wasn't the best because he didn't work on commission, and that he depended on getting the volume bonus because he needed it. He did however note on that point that he always nailed that because he could pretty much sell the spots to leopards.

To emphasize he regaled us with tales of previous customers... About an Indian woman in Dix Hills who he'd met a day or so earlier who both she and her husband owned pharmacies and were very well off for "immigrants." He was so impressed he went the extra mile of telling me that when she filled out her application for a Home Depot charge card he told her to list the combined income of her household they way Home Depot trains him, and she told him that was unnecessary... that her income alone turned out to be 1.7 million. I need to know this? This other Home Depot Customer needs her personal financial information shared with me? THIS is how home invasions happen... fools like that guy telling strangers about millionaire homes!

But he wasn't quite done on that topic... he had to note that he'd also had to visit the home of the "Long Island Lolita." When I didn't respond with recognition, he filled in the blank, and said it was Amy Fisher and went on to recite the details of her criminal case! He then went on to tell us she was married now, that her husband was a TV/Film producer and on and on. He noted that he didn't like serving people like that but it was a sale and he had a job.

Again, I NEED to know this? The Fisher family should not be the topic of war stories of Home Depot employees?

Good God, what stories will he be telling about me? What did he learn about me or observe in my home that he can turn to fodder for his next customer? That's freaking creepy.

Windows... well we were getting closer... At least now he was talking about Home Depot. Just not what I expected to hear. I got another arrogant and equally creepy story of how Home Depot computer systems can track anyone in the country with a single phone number. How you keep track of my every purchase (and everyone Else's), every home I have and contact and build a history on me that rivals the IRS. He bragged that with my phone number he could learn more about me in five minutes than I probably knew about myself... my income based on sales trends, housing, credit, and on and on. He went so far to brag how he kept track of his customers and checked up on them from time to time and how could even look me up whenever he wanted in the future to see my future purchases.

Just knowing that Home Depot violates my privacy so totally and allows every employee unfttered access to my personal data with no restriction or protection is reason enough for me to NEVER purchase there again and tell everyone I know not to.

He also bragged that statistically all homeowners will spend at least $80, 000 with Home Depot over the years, so I might as well get started with those additional windows. FYI I probably have spent upward of that with that with them... but not one more dime EVER again. But hey, I hit their statistical number so I'm probably expendable now.

He even went to the extent of telling me how he had seen his manager take back $2000 worth of sheetrock from a customer - sheetrock that apparently had come from Lowes - over the objections of his lumber man as a favor to the customer. Now tell me, did I need to know about the theft of company dollars going on in his store?

Finally, 55 minutes into his visit, we get to windows. I ask for Anderson information, he tells me he doesn't like them and pushes some off market brand. (I'll note here that the windows are so off brand that Home Depot's brochures call them Vantage Point, but the company changed the name a year ago and no one bothered to update the brochure. (Or so he tells it) I show him the window I want done and mention I might consider doing a second. My mother decides she'd like pricing on two others. He jumps on that telling her that her current windows are unsafe and easy for thieves to break in thru... He also then smiles at me and says if I don't do at least three windows, he'll have to surcharge me to make it worth his while.

So now It's Home Depot policy to dictate how much I have to purchase? The minimum I can spend with them?

He sits down and writes up a quote for all four windows. He starts off by handing me a price sheet that quotes me the higher quality of the two styles he showed us (neither being the Anderson's I asked about) at the lower price. Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but that smells of bait and switch to me. Quote me the higher quality window at the lower price and then after its installed, bill me the higher priced ones and call it an "innocent" mistake?

So I called him on it. He shrugs me off and says oops, I do that every once in a while. I guess I'm just tired, I was up late dong paperwork. "I do that every once in a while? " Really? How many others has he played that con job on?

Now I notice that of the two "add-on" windows he priced, he's priced an 18" x 24" window for a bathroom at the same price as a 2' x 4' window for a bedroom.

Now by this point frankly, he had loong lost the sale in my mind, but I asked anyway. "Why is the small window the same price as a larger one?" He shrugs and tells me that that's why "he loves his job, because the prices are all set and firm and he isn't obligated to negotiate."

Negotiate? I'm not asking to negotiate, I'm asking why the price for a window 1/3 the size of another is the same price and that's the answer I get?

Then he turns to my mother and resumes the whole "these windows are so much safer and secure than yours..." line. He even started pitching that the current thermals (that have been doing a fine job since the 90's) have sooo much more vinyl than his and the new ones will be installed much lower to hide the vinyl and maybe we should change those too! When I cut him off he shrugged and said, I'm sure they're fine.

I told him he could leave and he did, still continuing to imply the home wasn't safe and emphasizing that "once you do three windows with us, you never have to pay the surcharge again." He manipulated an elderly person's fear and baited the hook that she could save more money later if she gave him the big sale now. The finale was showing us a 10% off poster, that just so happened to expire that day. Give me a freaking break.

As far as I was concerned the sale was dead, but my mother was convinced that her home was no longer safe and called him back.

He manipulated himself a three window deal, with sub standard windows that I'm just sure will help him toward that volume bonus he wants so badly.

Home Depot sent a lying, moral less, conman who had no ones interests but his own in mind. Yes he got Home Depot a sale. My mother will spend nearly $3000 on windows she didn't need because he was coy enough to prey on her fears of safety.

I had planned a natural gas generator purchase from Home Depot later this month, sink, faucets and a hot water heater. Rest assured, that's not going to happen. Go Lowes!

Honestly, I suspect they will probably promote him to supervisor for his ability to make manipulative sales.

Ironically, he was here today to close the sale and collect his money. I avoided him and stayed on a different floor of the house to keep my anger with him in check. But he had to come rub it in my face and asked my mother to bring him down to "say hello". I told him to his face that he was a liar and a con man. He didn't dispute it. I also advised him that I hadfiled a copy of thiscomplaint with his management in Atlanta. He told me thank you. THANK YOU? He already knew he wouldn't see the least repercussions for his actions. Great internal culture you have when your staff has no worries when a customer complains.

Moral of the story? Don't buy from Home Depot. They track your every purchase, allow their employees full access to sensitive financial and idenity information, lie, cheat and anything else they need to in order to tric the elderly.

Home Depot Fuel Center — does not accept home depot credit cards

Have been a long customer of Home Depot. Starting last year, the fuel pumps at the fuel center would not...

Home Depot — theft by delivery staff

After getting a requested consultation visit from Home Depot's sales associate, on Nov 19 my wife...

Thd / Cbna Home Depotenot my account

there is a credit card on my Equifax tha tis not mine I need it removed Adress is PO Box 6497 Sioux Falls SD [protected] Acc # 60352003387xxxx ???? ccredit line $9600.00 opend 11/12/1993 last payment 2/2012 it only listed as THD/CBNA

Home Depot — poor delivery service

When I ordered a clothes dryer from Home Depot I knew that they did not do their own deliveries - in fact...

Vermilion

Home Depotautomated check out

I could not believe that I had to check myself out when I went to Home Depot...There were no Cashiers just automated machines...This is the worst...Do we work for Home Depot ???..No...Then why must we scan and check ourselves out of the store..Now they are getting rid of Cashiers..I hate Home Depot now...This makes me sick...

• Km
                  KMC1990 Feb 01, 2013

This is happening at grocery stores too and even fast food restaurants have computers where you put in your own order.These places do not want people to work!

• Ro
                  Rockandroll Feb 01, 2013

Awwww, poor baby.

EMCO Storm door — Warranty

My 80+ year old mother ordered an Emco Storm door through the Home Depot in Holiday Fl on Dec 11, 2008 and...

Home Depot — online / ordering

I ordered a sale item online ( a compressor and nail gun) on Nov 23rd, it was a good deal and after a couple...

Us Installation Group And Home Depot — floor

I am hoping that this warning will help you decide not to have Home Depot Install any flooring in your home...

Home Depot — hu1550 pressure washer

washed my mobile home two times . this year oil started leaking out and machine burned out.i have been a...

Home Depot Of Canada — poor response to service call

In the late spring of 2012 we required a replacement of the roof on our home here in Ottawa. We selected The...

Ottawa

Home Depothome depot scammed me

I purchased a roof for my home from Home Depot in April 2011 and have been fighting since to have it properly installed. I paid with my Home Depot credit card. During one of my many calls to the customer service department, I was asked if I wanted to dispute the charge. I agreed it was worth disputing and that my roof (still to this day) is not satisfactorily installed. The dispute was opened on May 9th, 2012.

The dispute was finalized in my favor and $12, 110.00 was provisionally credited to my account on September 9th, 2012 with a note that if further “significant evidence” was found that the amount would be reapplied to my account. I called the customer service and asked what “significant evidence” would entail and how much more investigation would there be. I asked these questions as $12, 110.00 is a lot of money and with the initial letter opening the dispute claimed that the initial investigation could take up to 60 days, and by the time I received the letter stating that the charge had been reversed was 128 days, double what was quoted.

I was told that it was closed and no further investigation would be completed. However, around October 1st, 2012 I received a phone call from the Phoenix office asking if someone could come down and inspect the roof and make sure that everything was taken care of. On October 6th, 2012 a gentleman came down to my house and instead of getting out a ladder to get on the roof, he pulled out some paperwork. He explained that this form was a copy of a previous form that I had signed and that the person who had the form in Atlanta “had died” and because they “had died, no one can find the paperwork that was originally signed”.

Reviewing the paperwork, I noted that the form was a Customer Service Order form and stated that the work to be completed was to fix some exposed nails, torn shingles, and repaint the metal trims and that those specific items were completed. It also states that the balance remaining was $0.00.

With the suspicious circumstances surrounding this, I asked the gentleman if this had anything to do with the disputed charge. I was told that it had nothing to do with the charges and that it was only replacing a lost form. I reluctantly signed the form, the gentleman never did go on top of the roof and he left. Several weeks later I received a letter dated October 18th stating that the $12, 110.00 has been reapplied to my account and that “Additional information has been received that provided significant evidence for the amount to be reapplied to your account”. Attached to the letter was a faxed copy of the form I signed on October 6th, 2012.

This was clearly a scam to trick me into signing a form stating that the roof had be satisfactorily completed in an attempt to defraud me of the amount that was returned to me. This is obviously a bait-and-switch, which is an illegal practice in the United States. I am writing for corrective action in returning the credit of $12, 110.00 back to my account. Home Depot cheated me out of a properly installed roof, and then scammed me into paying for it after the disputed charges were dropped from my account.

Permanently re-credit the $12, 110 back to my account, zeroing my balance.

• Vi
                    Victor Masterson Oct 26, 2012

At Helzberg Diamonds Jewelry Store : I worked for the company for a while, and what I've experienced there; harassment & discrimination: The District Manager is a ### (fired from J.B. Whites), who allows the store manager- to mistreat some customers and new employees. His staff are a group of unprofessional people who really know nothing about the Jewelry Business, except for lying to customers, messing up their purchase orders, being rude to customers who complain about the Helzberg unprofessional service. I wouldn't buy any jewelry from those clowns. They also harass & mistreat fellow co-workers, who are better jewelry salesmen than they are; the manager & his flunkies often violate the Helzberg Diamonds business policies when the District Manger isn't around to check up on them. One day, a co-worker yelled at me in front of a customer, just for greeting the customer first!!!

Home Depot — citibank

Several months ago Citibank, the company that administers Home Depot's credit cards, decided to drop me...

Vashon

THD/CBNA — credit check with equifax

They checked my credit yesterday through Equifax. Equifax says they know nothing about it. I have nothing to...