Having problems with HobbyTron.com?

28904 Avenue Paine
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Poor Service/ripoff

Bought a remote control helicopter, and charge went through on my credit card. After waiting two weeks, finally got a response as to why I did not receive product. Was told that my shipping address did not match that on Credit card according to their "machine".
Funny how I haven't moved in 10 years, and that address on card is correct. Asked for refund, and was told I would receive a credit on my card in 48 hours. Never did, and can not get them back on the telehone, and disconnected on their online internet.
I am having my bank charge them back. This company has a lot of complaints, it's too bad I didn't check them out first.
Caveat Emptor, beware of these people and stay far far away.

Online fraud

I wish I had read these reports before I let my son lose his hard earned money by ordering an airsoft gun...

never recv'd goods, never get refund

Hobbytron.com is a terrible on-line retailer, you place an order with these folks, they charge your credit card, they claim the order is on backorder, they never ship it nor do they refund your money.
I placed an order for my son (a gift) they took my order on Feb.7th, they promptly charged my credit card on the 10th, then my order went on backorder.
After waiting for my order for several weeks, and their on-line employee 'Ninelia' lied to me and said my order was now in-stock and about to ship, she told me this twice.
I decided to cancel my order and 'Ninelia' again was the agent who took my information, she said it would take 2 to 3 days for my refund.
I contacted them again after nothing was refunded, this time employee 'Stefanie Brown' sends me an email with the same 2-3 day wait period B-S line!
Now it's 7 weeks later and I try again, employee 'Ninelia' tells me the same thing to wait for "2 to 3 days" for my refund.
DO NOT do Business with these scam artists, they lied to me and have caused undue hardship on me, you see I'm unemployed and although my order was for $102 I can not afford to lose any money at all.
Shame on you 'Hobbytron.com' and your so-called knowledgable employees, I hope to see you in the unemployment line too after people read this and STOP placing orders with you!

• Valerie Oct 31, 2008

I purchased a $200 gas nitro car for my son's birthday. We received 10/28 and it had a broken part so I called them asap. The vehicle mechanically broke down after less than 2 minutes of running on pavement. CS rep was very rude and refused to help via phone. I tried their online chat~ got the same rep who told me to try online. I had to request RMA online and come to find out the same CS rep that was rude to me processes the RMAs and she refused to provide and said she would do so later the next day. Company refused refund or possibly even replacement. I don't want replacement~ their products are JUNK! I just want my money back!

• De
    deezel Jul 24, 2009

I purchase a $70 RC boat for these rip offs, it came defective, it would not even run for 5 minutes with a full charge. They said they don't warranty anything that was taken out of the box. How do you charge the battery and test run the boat with taking it out of the box? They have no return email and no toll free number. This company should be closed down.

Matthew Frank Dec 25, 2009

A terrible company. They charged my card for a few hundred dollars, then sent me a message saying that some of the items were not in stock. Then they said they would credit back my card and send the items in stock, which would have been fine but after a week nothing happened (I paid extra for 2 day shipping).
    I called, hard to get through, got ahold of a rep who was terrible, kept skirting the issue, I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said OK AND HUNG UP ON ME. Still no items ever shipped, no credit back. I traced the order on the website, it was a totally wrong order. After lots of emails, phone calls these people lied to me and took a few hundred bucks from me. I will be tracking this through the credit card vendor that they use, I am so furious. I ordered items for Christmas on 6 DEC, paid for 2 day shipping and they totally ripped me off. They are horrible people with low morals and I urge anyone reading this to never order anything from them. I lived in CA I would love to go to the headquarters and camp out just for the point of it.

• Au
    AussieJohnAct Dec 26, 2009

Crooked NSW cop Gary Worboys protected criminal NSW cop L.C.Gilroy...LIAR NSW cop Superintendent Gary Worboys.NSW Police organised police criminals . Gary Worboys crooked liar NSW cop, would have to be the BIGGEST LIAR and crook ever to put on a NSW Police Uniform. One of liar & outlaw Gary Worboys terrorist crooked criminal cops
    Leslie Charles Gilroy thieving terrorist NSW cop, while armed with a pistol, terrorised my wife and I as he invaded our home and robbed us and trashed and destroyed and looted our property. Crooked NSW cop
    Gary Worboys had a "pretend" police investigation, to try and "cover-up" his crooked criminal cop Leslie Charles Gilroy, s terrorist armed robbery, because crooked liar Gary Worboys NSW cop,
    refused to do anything about the robbery because criminal NSW cop Leslie Charles Gilroy was "one-of-the-boys.
    In NSW if a cop commits a crime, the NSW Police investigate NSW Police, so crooked and criminal NSW Police can do anything that they want without having to worry about being charged
    or prosecuted, thats wny crooked cops like Gary Worboys and Leslie Charles Gilroy get away with nasty and viiscious crimes.
    "[url=http://austlawpublish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49]LIAR Superintendent Gary Worboys[/url]
    [url=http://austlawpublish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47] "Is Andrew Phillip Skippioni a crooked cop ?"[/url]
    [url=http://austlawpublish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22]"crooked NSW cop Leslie Charles Gilroy thief[/url]
    [url=http://austlawpublish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30#p41] "pretend" investigator Detective Dave Kay LIED for 5 years[/url]

• Mz
    mzrhallett Jun 18, 2010

I placed an order for my 2 sons, and it took at least 4 days to ship. Upon arrival, all items of our order were not in the box but 1 airsoft gun. I called the phone number listed and repeatedly got a voicemail saying either they were closed or that they were assisting other customers. I left 2 messages, and no one called me back. I tried to get assistance online but when entering what the problem with our order was, I received a reply telling me to call their number. FINALLY after trying to call over 20 times I reached a person. They had to visit with the warehouse to see if what I was saying could possibly be true...they had to weigh the box, etc. So, they said of course the items did not ship and they would get them out right away. So, when the second box arrived, my son was STILL missing an airsoft pistol, one of two that were ordered. I called, and the woman said she would call me back in an hour, which she did not. So I called again, and she said she still hadn't visited with the warehouse manager and would call me back. She did after 15 minutes, and told me that unfortunately there was nothing they could do because the box they weighed weighed the same as amount as what our package went out at. I told her, look, the gun is $3.50. I am not lying about $3.50. My son paid for these items himself out of his allowance, and he wants the gun. If I was trying to rip you off I'd say we didn't get a $19.99 gun he ordered. She said again, there was nothing they can do, because it had to be in the box. I said I wanted the manager, she placed me on hold and came back on and told me she told the manager herself what was going on and that the manager said the same thing-there was nothing they could do because it had to be in the box. I told her they screwed up my order twice and they needed to get their s**t together. Right then the manager came on the line and said they will credit me the $3.50. Also, the items my boys received are CRAP. They played with them for litteraly 5 minutes and they all broke. This company is a rip off. The items are not worth the money and the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON HOBBYTRON.COM

Theft and Nondelivery

The most horrific online shopping experience I have ever had.

I ordered airsoft items described as "in stock" and they were happy to accept my Paypal payment. A week after ordering the shopping cart was still processing.

Voice mail boxes were full and would accept no messages.
Emails were not answered and eventually were returned as undeliverable.

The "Real Time Chat" personnel (possibly computer generated) reported repeatedly that my order was going to ship "tomorrow".
This went on for two weeks. I finally found a way to cancel my order but they have not refunded the money.

They kept my money and did not ship anything. Fraud. Paypal are trying to get money back but say Hobbytron purchases are NOT protected by Paypal - DONT THINK YOU ARE.

I wish I had found a review that stated things as I have done above BEFORE I ordered. I am posting this review to save someone the trouble and similar $ loss.

Buyer Beware with Hobbytron.

Terrible Terrible Company! Ripoffs!

Terrible company to deal with. Defective helicopter and can't get a live person at all. Got the RMA number but told not to send it back yet because they had numerous RMA's to fill first! They were just trying to stall so that we would exceed our 30 days and the return would be rejected.

Shut down

ordered 55 dollar gun as present for nefew when opened recieved 18 dollar gun called took two weeks to speak to rep was denied a return or refund was told to just use what i got and not to call back

• Lc
    LConley Jul 15, 2009

Hobby tron is terrible... I purchased a RTR Electric car and of course not all the parts were included the item is definitely not RTR. They deceptively advertise and get away with it. What's up with these people, they can charge your card instantly and send you crap and know they have sent you crap and don't care. This place needs to SHUT DOWN. I have been trying to get them by phone and its like everyone is on vacation.

I am having a hard time knowing I have been had, I am usually a very alert consumer... Hobbytron, you got me. $223.48, for a piece of non working crap.

[email protected]

All-around bad shopping experience

Unbelievable is the only way I can describe my Hobbytron experience! Please, please, DO NOT EVER patronize...

Failure to deliver

Ordered two R/C Tanks December 2007, Abrams M1A2 and Walker Bull Dog 1/16th scale, they shipped me the Abrams first the M1A1 not the A2. They shipped the cheaper A1 and attached a note saying they upgraded my order at no charge. Problem was they sent the cheaper model and tried to get me for $20.00 I sent it back, the other tank showed up in January, again the wrong tank. Sent the Snow Leopard instead of the Walker Bull Dog. I called the customer service and they tried to tell me the Snow Leopard and the Walker Bull Dog is the same tank. They had me ship it back. Only to tell me that the Walker Bull Dog was on back order in January.

I have called every month to check on estimate of delivery, and each time I was told that the container was being held up by US Customs and they should be in stock in 2 weeks. That has been for six months. I noticed that they were again advertising the Tank on line, I called their order line to check on availability, I did not tell them I had one on back order, they said they had them available for delivery.

I e-mailed them asking where is my back ordered Tank? They replied with there is no back order like that under my name. I called them and asked what is the story, after several on holds they admitted they had a credit for me and that I had never ordered the Walker Bull Dog tank. They then switched me to a Manager who quickly told me that all I had was a credit with them and that no order exists and my credit will expire August 11th, 2008. I asked why do you think I have a credit there? Do you think I just arbitrarily send money to people? She did hang up on me. This has been going on for 7 months, Oh the Tank is out of stock.

• Ih
    I HATE hobbytron Jul 24, 2008

I agree with you completely! I had purchase a airsoft rifle and they ended putting it on back order without telling me when they said they would notify me of any delays. Also when I found out that they said that the earliest it would be 10 business before it would get here. so I said ### you guys and I canceled the order. They ended up keeping the shipping money which was 29.95 but we got the gun order money back. They are worthless ###s who lie and hurt people and take their money. I HATE hobbytron!!!

• Br
    Brian Powell Jul 25, 2008

My experience with them is about the same. I purchased a car from them 3 weeks ago, and it states that it is still processing in-house. I have called them three times and email them three times and I have not heard anything back from them. Terrible company, will not purchase from them again.

• Jf
    JF Jul 30, 2008

I, too, have been sucked into the Hobbytron maze of "it's on its way" and yet it continues to be shown that the order is still in the warehouse. I did however receive an email back (the email address was on my order confirmation). It has been 3 weeks now and I only hope that I can get my money back. Does it help to file a complaint with Paypal?

Jane Aug 07, 2008

I agree and am trying to contact the Attorney General's Office where I live to pursue consumer protection prosecution.

• Ho
    hobbytron hater Feb 06, 2010

I wish I would have looked closer into HobbyTron before I bought something from it. I have had the same problems as all of you just two months ago.

Bad company!

I purchased a remote car from Hobbytron.com and it did not work and the battery would not charge. I returned it and a month later they insisted I never returned it. I checked with UPS and gave them the date and person who signed for it. They did not return my money but 'fixed the car' and returned it without the battery or (expensive) fast-recharger. They said I did not put the battery or recharger in the return box. I absolutely know I did. My son knows we returned everything. The company will not budge. We are at a standstill and I am fuming.

• Ih
    I HATE hobbytron Jul 24, 2008

• Br
    Brian Powell Jul 25, 2008

• Da
    Daniel Aug 14, 2008

The site is OK. I orderd 4 airsoft rifles, and one of them was on backorder. The other 3 rifles that came were good. I contacted the company a day after they came and they said, yes one of your items is on back order, but we will ship it out next week. I am neutral about the comany right now, but if they try to rip me off with my rifle, i will agree with the complaint!

• Jh
    JH33 Dec 22, 2009

I agree that Hobbytron.com doesn't seem to care much aabout the satisfaction of thier customers. I wanted to order six mini RC helicopters from a series that offered 3 separate freqs so the kids I was giving them to could fly at least three of them simultaneously. I explained this to them, and they told me that could not guarantee the frequencies. I asked them to call me back if they couldn't fulfill the frequency requirements, and they refused. They said if I wanted the choppers, I'd have to gamble. Note: they sell each frequency separately, and all were in stock.

I gambled and lost. When the choppers came, all six were the same frequency. What a bunch of ###s. These choppers are going back.

• Ro
    Rob38 Jan 04, 2010

What a horrible company, I ordered an Airsoft rifle that did not work from the first time trying. I requested an RMA and I was nver sent a reply. I sent 3 emails and left 2 messages. They of course said they sent one, no way did they send one. I checked every day, I looked in junk email, they never sent it. When I finally spoke to someone, they were rude and insulting. They say their policy of not providing a warranty on airsoft products is under their "policy" web page. I suggested they put a warning right under the product, she said it was my fault for not knowing how to order online. I ask to speak to her supervisor. Her supervisor, Nichol, was even worse. She claims she has no boss so I couldn't speak to anyone else. I will do everything in my ability to get people to not order from them. This is by far the worse experience I have ever had ordering on line, please stay away from this company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices