Hobby Lobbyi was a victim of hobby lobby employees

T

I was a victim of hobby lobby employees too!!! On dec. 10-2009 I was on hobby lobby on denver (7000 w. Alameda ave) it is a new store, and I was trying to make and exchange, but the stupid cashier gave me a ticket of refund and she told me: go to the store, take your merchandise and came back whit this ticket, is valid like cash. I was on the store walking arroun and I saw a # black of # follow me on the store, but I didn't take care of it because I was focus looking for my merchandise. When I was with other cashier explained about the ticket, the black man show me a plate and told me "you are under arrest" I was asking why and, but he didn't answer. We went to an small room, checked all my body and asked me if I had a knife, gun, etc. Then, he put the brazalets and pushed me to a chair (I never use resistance). Then, entered to the room the racist manager and was asking me how I offten the ticket, my english is poor, but I explained her perfectly what happened, and I told her: you have to ask what happen to the cashier who gave me that ticket, but she refused, saying : she is left, went to home, the stupid security was callig to the police, acussing me of trying to make a fraud, trying to change the ticket for cash and using a false id (My id is a drivers license for mexico, but is not false). I was beging to the manager: you have to talk to the cashier. And she, verry arrogant told me: let me try, but is obviously, we have the proofs, you want to make a fraud. The black security was subsracting all my stuff of my wallet, and asking stupid questions like: are you legal on this coutry, who is this guy on this picture is your complice? And after the stupid interrogatory, the # manager entered to the room saying: no, no, no, was the fault of the cashier, she is wrong about our polices of refund and exchanges!!! I never hear an im sorry, or something like that. Of course, I put a complaint, and just yesterday I received a letter where say: "dear monica, we would like to apologize for the problem you have experienced in our stores, we are takingmeasures to prevent this situation from happening inthe future. Enclose, you will find a 50 dlls gift card for any inconvinience this may have caused you. Are they thinking, whit a gift card i'm going to forget my experience on that store? Of course not!!! And for you, # manager and security, go to drag to the #!!!

• Ro
    rosalyn beatty May 17, 2018

I recently read the article, White Hobby Lobby Manager Calls Police on Black Customer for #Shopping WhileBlack, written by Michael Harriot. Mr. Harriot writes for The Root. I have not been in Hobby Lobby. There is one in East Haven, CT. -- not too far from me. I love crafts, ect., but I will never set foot now in Hobby Lobby. The Hobby Lobby headquarters -- it would be wise to answer to this article. At the end of the article, Harriot wrote that Hobby Lobby would not comment for The Root's 'request for comment.' Fine, there goes your reputation. And this will build.

• St
    steve stefko Apr 26, 2014

please...learn to speak english. if you are going to live here, it is the least you can do. it seems you got the cursing down pat. now go learn the rest of our words

ChrisK53 Apr 25, 2014

They gave you $50. With a mouth like yours and all your trash talk, your story loses credibility. Take the $50, have a good time shopping, and try and forget about it.