Resolved Hilton Grand Vacations Clubtotal scam

The sales representative who sold us the packet was really good at convincing us to buy into the time share to the point that we signed the contract under duress.

Ever since we have had the time share(4 yrs), we have only been able to use it once because there is no availibility, it is always booked. The one time we used the time share, there was a fee of $70 dollars. Basically, we are better off paying for a hotel on our own. As a matter of fact, when we called to make a reservation for a trip, the representative said we are better off paying out of pocket then using our "points".

On another ocassion, the representative charged me a $1 dollar to complete an extensive search of our desired destination and will refund the money if there is no space availiable. I never heard back from the representative. The loss of my dollar is not a big deal... it is the principle. It is bad enough the time share packet is costly, as a member one is still being nickled and dimed throughout. In addition, there are annual costs too.

To all consumers, learn from my mistake. Do not buy into Hilton Grand Vacations Club. It is a costly mistake. One is better off using vacation packages(airline tickets/hotel combo).

• As
    Ashantifamu Mar 29, 2009

I agree, Please don't purchase a Hilton Grand Vacation Timeshare. My husband and i have spent soo much money on it, it's sad. I need every dime right about now. I also had to a pay a reservation fee of $70 that was not told to me when i purchased. I am considering contacting an attorney because alot of things were told to me before purchase. PLease listen. don't waste your money.

• Pa
    Paula Stambou Dec 29, 2016

@Ashantifamu I was alone in the meeting and they still when ahead convincing me to sign after I told them I wasn't working

Lee F uk Dec 11, 2019

@Ashantifamu I appreciate this is an older post, however at the end of 2019, I can confirm that the same problems as described above still persist. It’s taken me just over 12 months to do it, but I have just gotten a full refund from HGVC without the need of legal representation. They can do it, be persistent and don’t put up with their corporate responses.

• Sc
    Screwed Apr 06, 2009

I couldn't agree more this is the biggest POS time share and boy do they lie their ### off while they have you. The reason I'm writting this right now is I was on-line trying to figure a way out of this legally. nothing yet.

• Ge
    georgiana_wilkins Jun 25, 2009

My parents have this. We often get bad luck with booked rooms but luckily Vegas has those RCI type Condos like the HGVC's which we use as a last resort. I don't know how much my parents are paying for it but I think the fees are insane (maintenance fees). And since my dad has quit working and decides to be a stupid couch potato, we are basically screwed out of money. I kind of wish he'd go back to work to support this, but oh well. We're stuck with it.

Margaret Veerhusen Jul 11, 2009

We've had our timeshare for about eight years and have used it every year with no problem. we've also traded for cruises. As long as you book early enough for your destination there hasn't been a problem. I do think the maintenance fee are high and alsoshould I was told that if you charge it thats one thing that makes it go up becouse of the bank fee, so everyone needs to know that so you don't charge if you don't need to.Basicly happy, Peggy V.

• Di
    dismayed and mad Jul 19, 2010

The big story is the mantenance fees. They keep going up and fast! Then they tried to sell us an "upgrade" in Los Vagus to bring down the Mantenance fees that are higher in Florida.(Where our property is.) I mean we have owned for 2 years and the fees have gone up hundreds. The trading off for a cruise was nice but we found out its cheaper to buy a cruise then trade with your points.I wonder are they putting on us, the owners the burden of those that have defaulted on thier property? One of the owners told us there was so many defaults that we were the ones left to pay? I know my mantenance fees are thru the roof from where they were when we bought. And we waited 5 years to buy, so we could look into all of this. We didnt hear anything about this problem, untill now.I cant and wont keep buying more property to run to a better mantenance fee state. That is great for Hilton .But for me its constantly more money. Hey People dont dump on us the owners because people are defaulting.We are the ones keeping you afloat. We are your customers, dont make it to where we cant afford your property and default. Mantenance fees are fine but not meant to be a perpetual house payment.

• Hi
    Hilton's Sad Adventures Dec 20, 2010

The wisest thing you can do is to hang up the phone as soon as the offer sounds even remotely tempting. If you engage in the "sell", you'll likely get sucked in: they methodically respond to every objection you can raise. They are extremely well trained. At first you will think that this is an opportunity to save a few hundred bucks for 90 minutes of your time, but think again. Even if you do not purchase the timeshare -- as we did not -- the relatively small amount of money you have "saved" has cost you more far more than 90 minutes of your time. Not only does the 90 minutes end up taking several hours of a day (not to mention the anxiety that precedes and follows the hard sales pitch), but you will spend hours on the phone with "concierges" trying to get the dates for your visit right. Our dates were changed several times on us. We even foolishly planned our Christmas holiday to Disneyworld around the Hilton offer -- but 15 days prior to our trip, they bumped us. We had to quickly arrange for much more expensive accommodations at the last minute because we had already purchased our plane tickets. So instead of $199, we were now spending $600 that we never intended to spend before we ever stepped foot onto a Hilton Grand Vacation Property. The months of anxiety and anger over being defrauded by what we thought was a reputable company has made the "Hilton" brand a four-letter word in our home. I feel terribly for those who have actually purchased the timeshares. Buyer Beware!!! Hilton Grand "Adventures" feels more like gettig lost in the "deep dark wood."

Mrs. Karen L. Jan 31, 2011

Its not worth the time.!!!
    Recvd a call early morning from a lady say we could 100$ and also get free breakfast. This was at the hilton grand vacation club orlando florida, We were promised free breakfast and $100 gift after attending a 90 min presentation of new a hotel called par solei hilton. We went the breakfast was orange juice and muffin. We were greeted and the salesman gave us 10 mins to eat out grand breakfast, then rush us to hear what hilton timeshare have to offer. He told us there will be no negotating of prices and everyone there are being offer and treated the same. After hearing how wonderful this timeshare was for about an hour, we still didnt know how much it will cost, my husband tried to ask the salesman but he refused to tell us untill after our tour. After the tour he still was dancing around the bush, eventually he got to the point. Pretty much for 7000 pts you pay 3500$ down paymnt plus 595$ so we need 4095$, we could mke monthly paymnts of about 500$ monthly, eventually would end up paying 35, 000$. (BY THE WAY he mention this price was only good till that day only) we decline, so he came back with another offer he will reduce the price by 1000$ so it would have been 34, 000$ and add 10, 000 pts to our 7000 pts if we sign up today, we decline, so later he sd we should get a cheaper package which was for 5000 pts at 300$ per month this pckge cost about 20, 000$. and still have 1000$ down and our extra pts. we still decline, we told him we wanted to think about it. thats when he became very rude, saying we will miss out on this deal and over time we will spend of 180, 000 on hotels, ( really trying to make us feel bad) and said since we slept at the hilton they got our money anyway, this is something you will regret, we ask him gor his info, because we visit orlando often we may consider pruchasing it in the future, he said since we dont want to deal with them hilton has nothing to do with us. then he continue on how several other people have sign up today.and they will be happy and enjoying there resort around the world. then later he sent corporate ( which was his manager) fover to do a review on how he did. he ask us a few question and sure enough he treid to sales us the same thing again but we would need to pay 300$ today, and pay the rest of the down paymnt with in a few months, he was also very rude when we declined. it was torture. The salesman did not mention anything about maint. fees, they refused to give us infomation to take home and think about. I thought that was kind of strange, so here i am looking up what other people have expreince. I am so glad we did not sign up. thank god. i never want to go thru this again. my advice dont go, but if you go please do your research and ask alot of question, and ask about the pro and cons, these people are saleman for a reason they are good at what they do, and they will only tell you the good things not the bad so just ask. good luck

SPan Feb 14, 2011

Me and my husband went through the same thing. We were very impressed with the presentation and the property that they showed us. The sales lady explained us everything and also said that later if we want to sale the timeshare it is very easy and will not have any problem. When we actually wanted to sale it the realtor told us that the worth of this property is not even 1/3rd of what we paid 6months ago. The sales lady never told us anything about >$1000/yr maintenance cost. When asked they provided us the copy of the document signed by us about the maintenance fee. We feel that the document is fraudulent. Hilton timeshare is a total scam.

Jadeoracle Apr 02, 2011

This company has robo called me every night for the last 2 weeks! I try calling to get taken off the list but no one ever answers. No contact email on website. No response from twitter. Such a SCAM. Can't trust any company that won't answer their own phones and won't provide an email or contact form.

• Fr
    fru$trated buyer Apr 25, 2011

I wish I read this comment string before I went to Florida to sit thru this sales pitch. They were very convincing. My wife and I were scammed as well. Trying to get out of this nightmare. I'm reaching out to my State Attorney's Office and BBB. Not sure it will do much good...Has anyone had any success in getting out of their contract? thanks!!!

SPan Apr 25, 2011

I lodged a complaint to the Attorney general's office in FL long time ago. Nothing happened. We tried o sell it but you don't even get 1/3 of the price you get if you sell it.

SPan Apr 25, 2011

may be facebook twitter might help to spread the word about the Hilton Scam.

• Ms
    MSLOVELY May 10, 2011

HILTON GRAND VACATION IS GREAT I HAVE HAD A TIMESHARE WITH THEM FOR THREE YEARS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT THE SALES TEAM WAS GREAT AND EVERYBODY IS SO HELPFUL GUYS ITS A GREAT DEAL ITS JUST THAT WHEN THEY ARE GOING OVER EVERY THING YOU JUST HAVE TO LISTEN

• Wi
    william serpa Jun 09, 2011

We have been members since 1996 Have never had a problem anfd have bought more am now elite members because of the deeded property can leave it to my chilodren whom have at this point enjoyed it with us every year, the problem with others ois you have to listen di8d you really think that the could keep the properties up as well as they do without fees .think about it When was the last time you visited a RCI property You will quickly see the differance. We love Hilton!!.

• Md
    MDN Jun 25, 2011

All the negative stuff that has been said in this is 100% TRUE. My wife and I bought in 2007 and have only been able to use once. I have tried to book on 10-12 different occasions over the last couple of years. Almost $1000.00 per year in maintenance and fees. The people above that have positive things to say have to be sales people for Hilton because everybody I have ever heard from has had nothing but problems... I wish there is a way to spread the word. I guess facebook ro twitter would be good but I am truly embarrassed that I was taken hook, line and sinker as I was. What I may do is go to Vegas (the only place you can use your points) and stay there and raise holy hell when people come in to sit through the sales pitch...

• Dm
    dmrn27 Jul 02, 2011

If you are reading these posts BELIEVE THE NEGATIVE. HGVC is a JOKE. We purchased 3 years ago and as many have said the availability is awful. We have never been able to secure resort lodging with HGVC resorts have always had to exchange for less desirable dates and rci properties-and had to pay more money to do so! We have even had to convert points to hilton honors and pay double to get what we wanted and then had to stay in a small hotel room for double the cost!The whole experience has been a nightmare! The maintenance fees alone will buy you your yearly vacation-then add the booking fees, the transfer points fees, the internet fees and so on and so on. What a scam. We decided to try and sell to get out of the 1800 yr fees and we are finding out there is NO VALUE to the timeshare, we are being told may get about 6, 000 for 38, 000 so called investment. It's disgusting and embarassing. I would have never believed this - you think when buying with a well known company who seems to be respected you are safe -BUYER BEWARE not the case.

• Jp
    Jpa2029 Jun 29, 2019

@dmrn27 Fully agreed. Same experience and even more lies. Don’t do it folks!

mark 1952 Jul 17, 2011

We got a phone call offering us a weekend in a Hilton in NY for a fairly reasonable price.(We have a son in NJ so was an opportunity to see him).All we had to do was to listen to a 2 hour presentation.Sounded like a reasonable proposition.We had no intention of buying a timeshare.(It does not fit our way of traveling).The salesperson was very good(even though he did sound like a car salesperson..having to check with his manager) and persuaded my wife to buy a timeshare.She travels a lot and thought that we could come out ahead.So, we signed all the papers and they gave us a gift certificate, a rebate form and a leather case for all the paperwork(and there was a lot of paperwork..more than a mortgage).We decided the next day that, really, it wasnt such a good idea for us.So, we went up to their office and told them.Instead of being gracious about it, both the Salesperson and his manager were rude about it .Two things I could not believe when we cancelled.Having filled out a billion forms to sign up, he wrote the cancellation on a legal pad(REALLY????) and then asked for the little leather case back. We changed our minds not because we can't afford it or because we think it is a fairly good idea after we retire(in a few years) but their pettiness means that we wont be interested in what they have to offer.

• Ss
    sssl69 Jul 22, 2011

We went to Orlando in September and attended a presentation at the new Parc Soleil. The salesman did a really good job convincing us to buy the timeshare and said that it would make sense for our purchase to be effective in January the coming year. We signed the documents without reading it word by word (big mistake). Much later after our vacation, we read the contract and found that we had to pay the annual fees, maintenances, etc for that year (no pro-rated, etc). We could not do anything because of the time lapse to rescind or cancel the contract. Due to the unplanned additional monies we had to pay out, we paid a small sum of $100 each month towards that year's fees but were up-to-date with the monthly and current year fees. After several months, we got a call from a "DEBT COLLECTOR". I guess HGVC is not pleased that we did not pay the full amount. Their deceptive practices have added so much financial stress and now they want to destroy whatever credit that's left. WARN YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY NOT TO BUY INTO HGVC TIME SHARE. We made the mistake of not reading the contract properly. That's what happens when you're on vacation. You tend to be more lax and they know this. Those people who requested to bring home copies of the contract before signing were turned down rudely and this is why. If you are buying your timeshare even towards the end of the year, say, December 15, you will still be liable to pay for the entire year's fees. You will have to pay to "rescue" your points, to "transfer" your points, to "convert" your points, to "make a reservation"... they will squeeze as much out of you to fill their shareholders pockets with your hard earned money. We have no choice now but to live with the consequences of our decision to buy into HGVC timeshare.

• Ge
    Getting-My-Share Jul 26, 2011

I took part in the timeshare presentation just to receive the hefty discounts on several activities I wanted to do. Now, I didn't buy into the sales pitch and I don't recommend purchasing a timeshare but it's worth going through the presentation IF you know how to counteract their tactics. I'm going to explain this simple method and provide the typical responses.

First of all, they typically will not ask you unless you are married and BOTH agree to attend. Next, be sure that the discounts you are seeking are worth your time. The presentations last about 2 hours. For example, the savings we obtained on various activities was around $3oo. That breaks down to $75 an hour for the two of us to attend. To us, it was worth it.

Now, you have to have a game plan and stick to it. This is a team effort and you have to work together. So, here's the process we used. We made it clear to the sales person that we will NOT be making any snap decisions that day, regardless of the offer. Now, they will come back and say that there will be incentives on that day only and if you wait to decide later, you will not be able to get them. So what. You're not buying anyway. Next, explain that you have a finacial planner and that any major changes in your finances are ALWAYS discussed with them first. They will probably respond with "What if they tell you no? Do you always listen to them?". Respond with "Will they tell me no? If they do, it must not be beneficial to my financial well being." and DON'T apologize. Also, tell them that you will not apologize for taking the advice of your financial advisor because that's what they are paid to do. Now, they may come back with something like, "Well, they just want you to buy their products.", to which you reply with something like, "And how is that different from what you?".

Stick to that basic concept and they will escort you out in short order. They can't afford to keep you there because they have a quota to meet and they'll quickly realize that you are not buying.

It's a game. Play it. Don't play it. I will tell you that we have saved serveral thousand dollars for just a few hours of our time. The key is that it's a team effort. TEAMWORK. These people are NOT your buddies. They want your money. Period.

Good luck!

• At
    ATL Teacher Aug 13, 2011

I agree with "Getting My Share". I just got back from Parc Soleil a few days ago. I was going to Orlando for 3 nights anyhow and was able to secure a studio condo room at Parc Soleil for $168 total. Nice room for sure although I feel the property is terribly designed. The presentation was funny. There were so many numbers on written down in front of me and so many awesome properties shown to me on the flat screen to entice me, however, I had already gotten my benefit...a 3 night stay in Orlando for $168. The coffee was good. I enjoyed being able to refill my soda a few times. I even had a Dannon yogurt.
    No offense to any of you that signed up, but...seriously? Why are they so willing to give you stuff up front to recruit you into the presentation? They are making a lot of money off of the people that sign up. You are financing their property construction.

Don't get manipulated.

Do get a discounted place to stay, some good coffee, a $100 Hilton voucher and a blueberry muffin.

• Ed
    Eddiej Sep 28, 2011

I own three weeks in Vegas.I stopped making payments two months ago after five years.HOA fees went from $758 to almost twelve hundred for 2010.It"s a total scam and ripoff.They have called me about 30 times in two months for payment but I told them I could not afford it anymore.I don"t care about credit score anymore(815 presently, 805 for the wife).Wife and I are both retired(69 and 70).So what are they going to do to me they can kiss my A__.Anybody have ? contact me thru this site.Thanks

• Li
    Linda555 Aug 12, 2018

@Eddiej We are in the same position of needing to get out of it and found they will only offer 1/3 of the value. Did the finally foreclosure on you? Did they go after you for more money after?

SatisfiedHiltonEliteMember Nov 29, 2011

You need to listen, ask questions, and count the cost. That what my wife and I did and we have LOVED what HGV ownership brought us. We have moved up to Elite this year and enjoy the time away and vacations that this is providing us and our family. HGV is a class act start to finish.

marita velez Dec 28, 2011

We spent $342 for 3 nights in Orlando with the Hilton. We were going to be in Orlando anyway. We were also supposed to receive 20, 000 Hilton points and $200 certificate toward a future one night stay at Hilton. We listened to the timeshare and declined because we already own 12 timeshares which we bought on Ebay for pennies on the dollar. The 3, 500 points at Hilton (one week vacation) cost about $43, 000. The deal was to pay approximately $8, 500 down and make payments of about $850 per month at 17.5% interest with an annual maintenance fee of $1, 100 per year. Who in this world would commit to making payments of $850 per month for 7 years for a vacation and think they got a good deal? They gave us the 20, 000 points and the certificate for $200 a future night at any Hilton Hotel. Within a couple weeks we went to the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, CA. I submitted by certified mail the certificate and the folio from the Beverly Hilton dated 12/3/2011, carefully documenting everything. Hilton then sent me an email that my date of stay at the Beverly Hilton did not fall withing the guidelines of the certificate. I found that they had said I stayed on 2/3/2011 which was before I even received the certifiate. I was then screaming at them on the phone because they obviously are trying to get out of paying me the $200. I will get my money, even if I have to turn it over to the attorney general of the state of Ohio (they also move at a snails pace). I have written to Hilton regarding the error on their part and I will be calling them every day. Moral of the story is to stay away from Hilton in particular, but if you want to buy a timeshare, do it on Ebay. You can buy a timeshare for $1.00 instead of $43, 000. I have traded my timeshares for the Four Seasons, Marriott, Westin, Hilton and other not so well known names. I spend 7 weeks in Vail, Colorado most years trading timeshares. Also make sure that if you buy on Ebay, check out the maintenance fee so that you know ahead of time whether it will be more than you want to pay. I dont pay more than $650 for any of my fees and some are as low as $350. Dont get scammed by any timeshare presentation. Timeshares will work if you know how to work the system, and they system does not work you.

Mr Twits Mar 03, 2012

Here's my take. It is hard sell, used car BS and I felt uncomfortable all the time we were in Vegas. They buy back at 12K from owners and sell at 31K, Then all the added fees mount up. The points system is very hard to decipher. You can go to a broker in Fl and buy a 31K timeshare for 12-14K and if you mention that to the sale rep they will say you won't get points. Well, you wont get points the first year but after that you will. Also, I hear complaints on reservations but they have an online reservation system and it seems to work if you use the free week but everyone trys to change the system. You have to work it and play it to your advantage and buy from an owner, not HGV, no hard sell, no 6 hrs without lunch breaks and no slimy sales people.

Mr Twits Mar 03, 2012

Buy from an owner, forget the hardsell used car tactics and play the reservations game on the computer not the phone. I got a cup of Mocha and Fig Newtons and 6 hrs of BS with no lunch. Free my ###. You can stay anywhere in Vegs and have a casino in the basement but Hilton has a Piit between it and the Flamingo, constructions starts at 0630 and a beutiful view of dirt the other direction. Room was nice.

• Sg
    sgmcpherson Mar 19, 2012

We just returned from a trip to Orlando with our young boys. Stayed at the HGVC near Sea World and sat thru the presentation at the Parc Soliel. Our salesperson was very nice, not pushy, and appreciated our honesty up front. We told him that it wasn't a question of money, but a question of actually being able to take advantage of the program and be able to use it, as we are now planning a move, possibly out of the country, and might not be able to take the vacations. The key is to always ask questions. Are the points a use-it-or-lose-it kind of deal, or do they roll over? What are the additional fees? While we liked the program and the properties, we still couldn't commit for a long term, so they offered us a trial run. We have 18 months to use 7000 points. Yes, we have to pay for that, but if we do buy in after our trial run, the money we've paid in goes towards the cost of the package. If we don't buy in, we've still managed to get one or two small vacations for a good price. I wouldn't say it's all bad, but definitely ask any questions you can think of before you sign on the dotted line!

• Sitting in my $199.00 per nite suite in Anderson Ocean Club in Myrtle Beach SC compliments of Hilton Vacations sales pitch. 3 nights and 4 days cost only $230.00. Sales pitch was about 2.5 hours. Played 3 days of golf...found deal of $35.00 each course. Told sales guy up front we were not the type who purchase anything of this type on the same day. Need to think and consider all options. Also told them that we were not at the point of our lives to travel as much as would be needed to make the investment worth the money. Very polite sales guy. Once the ground rules were set and they were aware no sale today...they quickly showed us the schtick and let us go...great vacation for a very cheap price. Enjoy the cheap stays at great properties and avoid the sales unless you want to spend a fair amount of money.

• St
    Stephray May 04, 2012

My husband and I just came back from 3nights 4days stay at HGC on International Drive. We had a complete 1bed suite The cost was $258 tax included. I have to say how much we both loved our resort, apartment and our entire trip. The compound was beautiful, car park overflowing with cars, the location quite central to all amenities; and simply a wonderful stay and a beautiful resort. Thanks to the reviews I read on Trip Advisor I was able to choose the best building for lake side view, away from the noise of the main pool, and closely located to entering/leaving the compound. So our apartment was perfect! We were picked up and brought to the Park Solie for timeshare tour. Which went quite well. Lasted 3hrs but that's with snack and restroom breaks. Still the entire thing went by smoothly, however not smoothly enough for us to make a purchase. My husband was already skeptical about timeshares, so we decided to use the fact that I was unemployed and he was the sole bread winner as our reason for not buying in. And gladly it worked! We explained our needs were adequately taken cared of on my husband's salary, however that would changed drastically if we were to purchase their property. I am unemployed and until such time, major purchases are kept to a minimum. Furthermore we had more pressing needs as getting a second car for when I start working. The lady who was a sales got her manager, we reiterated our story and gladly that was enough. We got our $200 gift certificate, my 20000 hhonors miles were credited a few days later, and I'm totally satisfied with our experience and what we got out of it. I truly hope when the time comes we can use our certificate and miles towards staying at another location. My advice is take the trip to any HGVC, enjoy it, do the tour take the certificate and hhonors miles, but whatever you do DO NOT SIGN UP OR MAKE A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND!!!

• Un
    unhappy HGV owner May 08, 2012

Owner of a HGV TS. Total waste of money and time. I tell everyone who ever asks and those who do not about the DREADFUL decision we made purchasing. DO NOT EVER BUY INTO THEIR PITCH it is a terrible ownership program.

• Wb
    WBBB May 29, 2012

same thing happenedto us. We booked a Hilton Grand Vacations over the phone (our first mistake) and then we were given a $100 certificate for a one night stay at any Hilton hotel after hearing their timeshare sales pitch. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Houston, and like many others, the certificate was rejected. They said only the Hilton hotel qualifies. What a scam!

• Ab
    AbraHMG Jun 06, 2012

We want the ability to book at Hilton Hotels all over the world, which is available using HGV Points or converting the points to Hilton Honors Points. We have found corporate responsible and honest. We have enjoyed our vacations and purchased an additional timeshare for more international travel. The Hilton Hotels take very good care of HGV owners. You have to expect maintenance fees to rise-- our property, water, school taxes rise at home. We are not bothered if we can't get into a Grand Vacation Resort because we can stay at any Hilton property nearby. We cannot plan a year or more in advance right now to get into prime HGV locations and don't want to be tied to one resort. This has the most flexible vacation opportunites for us.

Sad Hilton Owner Jul 15, 2012

HGV TOTAL SCAM! Has ANYONE successfully gotten out from under a HGV timeshare? We don't even care about making our money back...just want out from under it!!! HELP!

M A James Feb 05, 2013

Oh my! Hilton Grand Vacations is the biggest SCAM ever!!! I still can't believe that we bought four years ago, and two years ago upgraded by spending more money! Seriously...we are just stupid! I have tried to use the 14, 000 points but can never get the property that I want, and when I want it, and when we do we have to pay a fee to reserve it. The maintenance fees are just to much. I have thought about how much money we could have saved and it just breaks my heart that our hard earned money has been just thrown in the trash!! The Hilton customer service reps are rude and through the years have only gotten worse. This is because that they have more and more disgruntled owners because everyone is having the same issues. I called HGVC to see about a resale and no one answered...I had to leave a message. After a month of no return phone call, I received an email...oh how nice of them. The email referred me to an outside resale company...which when you log into your HGVC acct there is always a warning against these companies...so I was confused about that. It has been two weeks since the maintenance fees were due, and my letter stated that I had 45 days to pay this without a late fee...I'm short on money right now and have every intention of paying this...the letter said "just because you are possible going to put your timeshare on the market, you are still responsible for your fee's". Seriously...does this lady think I'm stupid?! I sent her an email back and she called me that day and told me that our timeshare that we paid $76, 000 for is worth $20, 000 and that when a company puts it on the market, they will get %25 of the money we get. DON'T EVER BUY A TIMESHARE FROM NO ONE EVER!!!

jon soderman Dec 03, 2013

Yes we bought into Hilton Hawaiian village in 2009, love the property and Waikiki, our association fee then was $700.00, now in 20114 it is over $1200.00. If I had know if would go up this high so fast I would not of bought in, we were told they did not go up that much. I feel we were taken advantage of, shame on Hilton!!

• Be
    Bellipaul May 09, 2019

@jon soderman Same for us. Purchased at Lagoon Tower in 2002. Our Owners fees are approaching USD 2, 000 a year with no sign of control. It is hopeless and we can no longer afford it. My wife and now have retired.

• Jp
    Jpa2029 Jun 29, 2019

@jon soderman Same experience. Lucky owners are being
    Manipulated. The annual reports and audits are fake documents.

• Nu
    Nurseshannon Jun 22, 2014

I signed up for a 4 day 3 night trip to Carlsbad yesterday. The rep said repeatedly, 3 nights, 4 days! It was $273 an I am also promised a $100 voucher and two legoland tickets. When I called to make the reservation the lady I spoke to repeatedly told me 2 nights 3 days! I argued with her. No, 3 nights 4 days is what I signed up for!! She connected me to quality management who said they would honor the 3 nights I had signed up for. But I would have to pay an additional $166 to upgrade to a one bedroom suite as there were no King suites available for my chosen dates. Or shall I say, their dates because all the dates I want are sold out. I am so leery about this non refundable trip! I feel the added fees are to come! It has been stressful to have been mislead already and not even been to the timeshare presentation. I am not one for high pressure sales pitches and am not signing up for te timeshare. I hope we at least get our 3 nights and can move on. I have yet to hear from the concierge and hope they do not try to add more fees or change my dates! I am already inked in and cannot get a refund. My advice, do not even sign up! I feel some more disappointment is yet to come!

Leslie W Nov 25, 2014

I attended the 90 minute presentation in Orlando and was not impressed by the salesperson nor the options. The salesperson tried to force me into making a commitment and when I declined he rudely said, "I knew you wouldn't buy, most single women don't buy into this offer." I was surprised at his behavior and then he dismissed me by walking away and having his supervisor come over and talk to me. The supervisor showed me to the exiting agent area where I received the Hilton points and a certificate for up to a $200 refund for 1 nights stay at a US Hilton property within 6 months of receiving the certificate. After I stayed at a Hilton property, I submitted the certificate, my receipt within the 30 day of my stay . My request was rejected because I stayed 2 nights at $109 + tax each night. Well, my request was only for reimbursement for ONE NIGHT, not both nights. I submitted a complaint to the BBB and now awaiting a response.

• Hi
    hiltonscam Dec 17, 2014

Yes... Hilton deserves all the negative comments on here and much more. Turns out they lied to us in many ways. But the largest lie the rep told us is that if the timeshare doesn't work out for us, they will just buy it back from us. A couple of days ago we discovered that it was a complete lie. Lying in the real estate business is certainly illegal and my wife and I are not a fan of deception etc. Turns out the whole thing from the start of the presentation was filled with vast misrepresentations of the timeshare.

• Ms
    MsFeeLa Apr 01, 2015

Rudest person I have ever dealt with. Told the woman on the phone that I was feeling ill and under the weather when she was giving me her sales pitch. Told her I was busy and needed to find hotel accommodations for the night...she just kept on asking me the same questions and over again until I finally hung up the phone. Horrible customer service...incredibly rude

• On
    onlyZippersBuyTimeShares Apr 26, 2015

My wife and I just spent the last 4 days, 3 nights in Las Vegas. Same deal... attend the sales presentation. My heart fell when my bride told me, but it was too late... she already took the special offer and so off we went to another bloody time share presentation. WE totally would never buy into a time share - the concept doesn't appeal to me at all.

Here are some objections that you can use that will get the hounds off of your back. They worked for us and got us out of the meeting at exactly 2 hours.

1) Tell them that you have attended time share presentations in the past and that the concept didn't really appeal to your style of "unplanned" and "imprompt" travel.

2) Tell them that money is not an issue... "I can really afford to travel as I choose, and in fact like the luxury of daily maid service that many resorts don't provide".

3) When they talk about buying a legacy to leave your children, ask, "if I buy the timeshare and leave it to my children am I not truly just leaving them a burden... won't they have to pay the ongoing maintenance fees after I am gone?", then go on and say, "I think I'd rather invest my $27, 000 into a condo and rent it out for the next xxx number of years and when I die... leave a cash flow positive investment to my children vs. a burden that they may or may not choose to use."

4) When they talk about the timeshare being an investment ask them, "why do so many people online complain that they can not resell their investment for the amount or more than they paid." Go on and say, "based on my research, most owners are being offered way less than they paid originally... they appear to be losing a ton of money when they try to sell."

5) I love the point above regarding consulting your investment advisor. What great advice. Next time my wife tows me along to a timeshare meeting I am going to bring my advisors in on a Google+ Hangout and let them give me advise in real-time... My guess is that they will say, "run away, run away..."

And you shoult too folks... run away, run away!

LeeFree Apr 29, 2015

My husband and I are intelligent people...or so we thought. HGVC is one of the biggest scams I have seen. I will have to give it to them, they have awesome sales personnel!
    Save your money as this is a scam. The annual fees alone are what you would pay for your "time" or points for the year, thus by not buying and spending thousands of dollars you could still just stay in a private condo, etc for a week per year and keep your $15-20, 000 in the bank earning enough interest to pay for your one week vacation!!!
    We wanted to get out and sell back as at our sales meeting, we were told anytime we ever wanted to sell, Hilton would buy back at purchase price as they are so valuable...We were told this week that the "going market price" is around $1500-2000 for what we paid over $15, 000 ...a new car is a bad purchase but far better than this scam. I plan to follow up with the BBB and any other avenues for formal complaints, as well as social media. I am embarrassed to have been taken so smoothly!!!