hgtvjust another cheap product

L Review updated:

Hgtv has a bogus backyard giveaway contest. The catch, you have to answer a servey for numerous products, companies, then subscribe to some of them before you can proceed with the "contest" entry. One page asks for the last 4 digits of your social security number. This is not a contest. Just another cheap shot aiming to make more money from advertising.

• Lo
    Lois Morris Aug 30, 2008

You NEVER include the labor costs in any of your projects on any shows. Labor is over $25 per hour on many things including landscaping projects. Please include labor costs as many of us would like to do some of the things you suggest but when the men look at the project are unhappy that it can't be done for the amount that you tell on TV...

• Re
    Reviewer53182 Sep 08, 2015

We as well as many others are having a terrible time trying to hear the
    Dialogue, the background music or whatever you call it completely
    Destroys the enjoyment of any show.We try to find enjoyment from
    Some shows such as hgtv or pickers. Please help us to get back to
    Where we can once again enjoy o ur the services we pay for.
    Phone number 585 746 0641

• Re
    Reviewer24284 Jan 07, 2016

I have been billed by HGTV magazine for a subscription for the amount of $18.00 I spoke to Alexi at extension 2126 telephone number 1800 840 8056 she said I entered a "sweepstake" so they automatically bill me for a subscription. I asked her to remove the bill and void the invoice as I believe it to a scam.

• Mi
    Mikedg Aug 15, 2018

What has happened to HGTV? Every time I went I go to turn on HGTV all I see is fixer upper I am so over it. What happened to the other shows? Has fixer upper own HGTV now? I know in my location is on Tuesday Thursday and today it's on all afternoon and I'm sure it'll be on all weekend to this is crazy this is ridiculous. I could care less to watch

James Lindsay Sep 05, 2018

publishers clearing house, , send you a sweepstakes, and when you sihn up for the contest they automatically, , sigh you up for hgtv subcription, and no way to cancel, , and, , I tried several times to customer service and they want you to call, so they can scam you more, , pissed off

• Ro
    Roger Luckjohn Sep 10, 2018

Received a bill for subscription which I did not authorize. When I tried to call they just wanted to explain why I was lucky enough to get it. When I told them I wanted no conversation but to cancel the bill they insisted on trying to explain why I should pay, and when I got more determined to get the bill canceled, they hung up on me.

• Da
    Dawn Benn Dec 11, 2018

I am one of the hundreds of people that DID NOT ORDER ANY MAGAZINE. Cancel it now and I have reported this to our State Consumer agency.
    Email: [email protected]
    Name: Dawn Benn
    Its now saying it too short and no one will read it? Wow you guys need someone like me that actually care about people.
    cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel

• To
    Tom13 Jan 22, 2019

Enter a contest get a bill. Must be a terrible magazine if thats how you get subscriptions. I watch a lot of shows on hgtv and am disappointed they would resort to this practice. Thought better of them.

• Je
    Jennifer Wroten Apr 16, 2019

Never subscribed to this magazine so why am I being charged???

• Ka
    Kari Smith May 01, 2019

My magazine was delivered by Doorfront Direct. My magazine was thrown in my driveway today when it was raining. The plastic cover did not keep it dry and it is unreadable. Please send me a new copy of the Pops of Color issue. I hope future issues are delivered with more care and in good condition.
    Kari Smith

• Ka
    Kari Smith May 01, 2019

Kari Smith

• Gl
    Glenda Hutchinson Jun 10, 2019

Stop showing the reruns. I've seen them all. I want to see something else in their time slot please. They're gone.

• Ga
    Gailo99 Jul 07, 2019

It is SO ANNOYING!!! I can see what they are doing I do not need to be told it also. Worst thing ever added in all the years I have looked at these shows. Why has this been added. It is awful. So annoying I will stop looking at these shows.

• He
    Helen Stevenson Jul 13, 2019

Drawing on Facebook, clicked on enter into drawing without subscribing to the magazine. Now have a bill!!! I never wanted the magazine or subscribed and when I went on the website, not letting me change to cancelling. Even though I didn't subscribe!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices