Complaints & Reviews

Hewlett Packarddefective laptop and damges done by helpdesk

Dear Sir's,

My company variant Corporation purchased this new laptop from HP authorised dealer in South Extension Part-2, New Delhi, model no. HP Compaq-420 (Serial No.SCNU015CHJ).

This laptop started fuctioning poorley only after 10-15 days of its purchase date. Th complaint was registered with ther authorised dealer whose address is given below. This dealer sent his person to my place for repairment but that engineer damaged the keyboard while opening the laptop and was unsucessful in repairing the problem too.

Since the first day of my complaint I have been asking HP to replace my laptop as it is under warranty and I cannot carry a repaired laptop which i just bought but no one ever listens. I have been searching HP email id s and contact details to register a complaint but nothing is given on their site.

The dealer has now gone against and is not agreeing to replace or even repair the laptop and says that I need to talk to HP directly. I do not understand how can someone force such a big company to come to my home to repair it. Further I have also registered complaints in HP customer care whose responses are even poorer.

I request you to take strict action against HP-India for keeping such stupid dealers in their contacts and supplying defective pieces to the consumer.

Address of the Authorised Dealer from whom I purchased the Laptop:
Micro Clinic India Pvt. Ltd.
302, South Ex Center
273, Masjid Moth,
South Ex-II, New Delhi 110049
Fax No : [protected]

I request you to please take strict action against them as i am facing serious problems in my business and can't afford further delays with such kind of nusance given by such a big name company called HP.

Regards
Bhaskar mishra
+91-[protected]
For Variant corporation

Hp Pavilion Dv5 - 1102tunot received gift (home theatre)

I had bought my hp pavillion dv5-1102Tu, Serial no.- CNF8433HDW laptop in 28 feb, 2008 and i had sent all the required documents to the redemption cell, redemption code- 1A7R0107DY and i have not received my gift ( home theatre) till now. i called that place many times and they keep on asking me to call next day. they have lost my documents and are not locating it.This is my third time complaint. please send the details on [protected]@gmail.com
    Name- Trilok singh
    Mob no.-[protected]

not received gift (home theatre)

Hp P6367c Desktopfalse advertising

After cowboom.com advertised the price of this computer for several days they cancelled the order and interrupted its shipping to me while it was on the way. Not only have I passed on other deals on this computer and they have expired but I also bought a video card for it that I had delayed buying until I knew it would ship. If they advertise the price for so long and sold so many of them I can only assume that this is sneaky and underhanded business. I was not compensated at all for trouble nor have I received good customer service about how they messed up the advertised price. Not to mention I still haven't received a refund. Don't order from these people and if you do, don't trust them until you actually receive the product at your house.

• Cm
          CM1986 Aug 26, 2010

contact them through email through their website, give them a timeline for the refund or the computer after that point contact your back to dispute the charges. Thats ### that they would allow the order to go through and make it to the shipping point before yanking it.

• So
          socrne1 Aug 27, 2010

The exact same thing happened to me. I purchased the Pavilion p6367c from Cowboom, only to experience the same troubles as CM1986. The order went through, my credit card was charged and the item shipped. Then, I was notified that THEY made a pricing error, so they were canceling the order. Before I ordered the computer, I did research on the company, which is owned by Best Buy. Their feedback was less than stellar. In fact, it was less than 50% positive feedback. Against my better judgment, I decided order the computer from them. I thought most of the negative feedback for Cowboom might have occurred before Best Buy purchased them, not that long ago. Boy was I wrong! I will never purchase another item from Cowboom and I'm strongly considering never purchasing another item from their parent company Best Buy if this is how they do business.

Hp Slimlinefaulty motherboard

I bought a HP slimline in October 2007.I loved this computer and never had a problem with it until recently.It would not go into sleep mode and told me there was some error with the NVIDIA card. I tried updating the drivers and everything-nothing. So on Monday I used it to do homework and Wednesday night went to turn it on and nothing.No power-no messages-nothing. Upon having someone look at it they told me it was the motherboard. Now I registered my pc with HP so why was I never notified about a recall of faulty motherboard. I see they extended a warranty until december 09.Considering this is August 2010, that is useless to me. Now I am a college student with no money to buy or repair my computer.Anyone know how I can get HP to fix this?

Hp Laptop Windows 7windows 7

We bought this computer at wal-mart about 3 months ago. The programs you installed on the computer is not user friendly and to even activate them they want a product key in which we do not have. You can keep your Windows 7 because it is useless. I have HP products and I can't use them on this HP product because it is not compatible with Windows 7. I'm not going out and buying new printers when my printers are perfectly fine. How do I uninstall Windows 7 and install a more user friendly version?

Hewart Packard / Support — lies

I noticed that my computer was eating up the recovery disc in my computer... I called hp and one of the...

Hewlett - Packardsuspicious mail about lottery prize

Sir,
            I received following mail about lottery,
            Dear Winner,

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded draws
            held on the{27th Of July, 2010} by Hewlett-Packard
            in conjunction with
            With Google Incorpration and Ipod Worldwide Promotion. Your email was
            among the 20 Lucky winners who won £1, 000, 000.00{One Million Great Britain Pounds}
            each in the Hewlett-Packard {Microsoft} 2010 Online Promo. This draw is being
            organized to create and improve a larger awareness record for internet
            user’s worldwide.

However the results were released on the {20TH JULY, 2010} and
            your email was attached to ticket number (7PWYZ2008) and ballot number
            (BT: [protected]/20) The online draws was conducted by a random selection of
            email addresses from an exclusive list of 29, 031, 643 E-mail addresses of
            individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random
            computer search from the internet. However, no tickets were sold but all
            email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for
            representation and privacy.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
            computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ).This Lottery is approved by
            the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the The International
            Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).This lottery is the 3rd of its
            kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the claim processing of your prize you are to contact the Online
            Co-ordinator and provide him with the following information’s as stated
            below, so we can proceed with the verification and clearance process of
            your file.

1. Full Names : ...
            2. Residential Address : ...
            3. Phone Number :Mobile&Home...
            4. Fax Number : ...

EMAIL: [protected]@live.com
            TEL:+[protected]
            TEL: +[protected]
            FAX:+[protected]

*You are advised to forward these information’s as soon as possible to
            enable us attend to your file. This email is registered and sent only to
            a certified Hewlett-Packard {Microsoft} promo winner.

You are to keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim
            has been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our
            security protocol to avoid issues of friends or relatives trying to claim
            a prize on the rightful winner's behalf.

Our special thanks and gratitude to Bill Gates and associates. Accept our
            hearty congratulations once again.

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs Pulizzi Mariela
            Head of Council/Verifications Dept.

Parcel Department

Deepak Tukaram Shinde
            Email:[protected]@gmail.com

8th - 08 - 2010

Dear Client

You are Welcome to one of the most trusted and reliable Parcel Delivery Company Worldwide. We have concluded arrangement with our parcel delivery agent to come over to India in few days time alongside your parcel containing your draft and other legal documents as well as a gold medal from Msn/yahoo Incorporation.

You are to make arrangement for the clearance fee of 22, 890.00 Rps as been demanded by the Custom Clearance Department there at the International Airport in India.

Our parcel delivery officer would be arriving the moment you give the go ahead, But first you have to give a valid confirmation on the exact Date you will be able to arrange the funds needed for payment of clearance charges to Customs at the port of entry by our agent.

Yours Faithfully
            Mr. Morgan Arthur
            Tel:+[protected]
            Tel:+[protected]

suspicious mail about lottery prize

• Mo
                moughton Aug 30, 2009

I was watching out 51' HP Plasma when I heard a pop and the screen went out. I could hear sound, just no picture. I investigated to find solutions, only to find out that there is a known problem with their plasma tv products. HP needs to issue a recall on these products and have them serviced since the problem is known to them.

• Mu
                Muks Feb 03, 2010

Business user called HP about a warranty part replacement. HP told business user to bring printer to CrossRoads Computers for warranty repair. Have been fighting on the phone with HP for 5 days trying to get the warranty replacement part sent to us. We have been disconnected, rerouted and put on hold too many times. This is unexceptional. HP Sucks.

• Al
                Alice Pearson Feb 15, 2010

I have been trying to renew my extended warranty for over 2 weeks. All calls to HP are sent to India . There is no one in the US to talk to with a problem. They will not extend my warranty without a credit card and I have to pay for 3 years but only receive coverage for 2. The new warranty becomes retroactive to the day I bought the computer so, I would be paying for coverage I can't possibly collect on.2dd22

• Br
                Brimers May 12, 2010

HP have to be the worst company in the world do deal with, their notebooks go faulty as soon as the warranty runs out, then when you try and contact them they want nothing to do with you.

I would never purchase anything from HP again and would warn anyone to think twice before even considering to purchase HP products!!!

• Su
                Sulliman May 27, 2010

My company has brought their Professional testing tool, for some reason it is not supporting our application. It is almost the 4th month and I did not get any solution yet, they just email you at the end of your day and then when you reply, they take again one or more full working day and then reply in the piece by piece meal.We are certainly not going to renew any more contract and will go for some other company product.

• Ca
                Cannabry Jun 16, 2010

Purchased in rhodes it had to sent athens at the cost 22eros new one arrived did not open for 6month all the inks had dried up and then told to go line to conect in uk I have Epson and when it had a problem i returned it the shop it was replaced what wonderful sevice yours a un happy custeromer will now past it on face book.

• Ne
                nearlyblonde Feb 18, 2011

Everytime I phone for support, the techs are very pleasant, a bit hard to understand, and rather than helping with the specific issue, they tell me that the problem is hackers trying to get into my computer and I should buy a 2 yr. extended warranty, and that will solve all my problems...however, my current problem still remains unsolved.
                This has happened 3 times already.

• Be
                BeenThereBefore Oct 09, 2011

First of all it's a scam with someone using the HP's name to scam you for money. It happens all the time and people will fall for it. It's a SCAM!!

• Be
                BeenThereBefore Oct 09, 2011

By the way...just take a look at the persons email address. Anytime they use yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc. it is not legit! They would use the companies email address and not the others. Also take a look at the "UK" on the email address, that alone should tell you the UK is very notorious for scamming emails!

HPhp pavilion dv7-3067nr

Purchased this computer 7 months ago. 28 days ago, it started freezing up and not responding at all. The error was that WINDOWS had stopped responding. This lasted about 3 days then it froze and went to a blck screen and would not reboot. Sent to HP, they had it 2 days. When i got it back 2 days later it did the same things again. Sent it back to HP and they had it 4 days. Again 2 days after I got it back, it did it again. They have had this computer 2 times and have not yet fixed it. It has now crashed again and they want me to send it back a third time! They have reimaged the HD, replaced the HD and the CPU. They do not stand behind their products! Buyer Beware!!

Hp Dv5z - 1000 — overheating

I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC purchased in October 2008 for $585.06, We have had over heating...

Hp Deskjet C4400 Printerwarranty denied

I bought a brand new HP printer..loaded it up with paper (less than the 80 sheets recommended) and the tray broke. When I called their service department (apprently in India) it took 25 minutes to register my claim folled by a request to call back. I called back after another 25 minutes repeating myself they told me they wouldnot stand behind their product. appently they felt it was a manufacturers defect that the tray broke. When I spoke ot Best buy..they said after 14 days I had to deal with HP. Apparently both of them don't want any futurte business from me!

• Sp
                    Spider Monkey Aug 02, 2010

I'm sick of big business outsourcing calls. We need a people's revolt in the United States and bring down the hierarchy.

HPtheir customer service reps are rude, incompetent and can barely understand you

The product is defective. This is the third time this unit is sent back to the Houston Service center for repair. The first time I got it back in 6 or 7 weeks. The second time, I got it back in two days, only to find out they did not replace my motherboard as promised, but replaced the RUBBER FEET at the bottom of my unit. The problem returned as I knew it would, and I have not gotten it back yet. It has been over two months since I contacted HP about this problem. I have just received a call from India saying that I should not expect the unit back until another two additional weeks, at the earliest. The case manager is frequently away from her desk, has NEVER called me back, and apologizes and sighs when I tell her about the problem. I thought she had woken up when I called her. IF she sleeps at her desk, I would not surprised at the very least. Personal attacks aside, HPs customer service is exceptionally ###, I have called countless times, have been transferrred seven or eight times before speaking to someone who "tried" to help me and failed. I bought their extended warranty knowing the unit was faulty, and was told to buy early, and was promised a whole year after my factory warranty expired. I now have one whole month less warranty for the same price. Their customer service reps are rude, incompetent and can barely understand you. This is completely ridiculous. I asked for a repair unit and HP should replace it under the terms of its warranty but continues to disappoint me. More importantly, it is costing me thousands of hours of productivity that I will never get back just as I am beginning to launch my company. This is completely unacceptable for such a large NGO to get away with. HP should step up.

Hp Cp2025 Color Laser Printerpoor customer service

I purchased a cp2025 color printer 3 weeks ago June 22, 2010 and the printer printed crooked. I have been with technical service and customer service for over 10 days to get this printer replaced .I have been given a run around as to why they can't get an answer to the replacement, turns out India has the say so as to how to replace this 3 week old defective printer. I was told 24 hours and still no answer . Still no communication. This company has the worst customer service.

Hewlett Packardawful after sale service, scam you from your money

My 3 1/2 year HP Notebook computer stopped working and the warranty had expried 6 months before. After talking with Hewlett Packards technical support on the phone, I agreed to pay $300 for them to repair the computer, which they said would be a complete refurbish of the computers hardware. When I received the computer back, all they had done was replace the harddrive, which I could have done myself for about $70. I have contacted Enid, my case worker and even wrote a letter to Mr. Mark Hurd, the president of HP but have gotten no response from anyone at HP. My case number is [protected].

• Co
                          Coyne Dec 13, 2010

We have had so many problems with HP Products (we are not purchasing the brand any longer) that our staff calls anything that is broken or junky "Packerd". Anyone who is dishonest is a "Packerhead". Inside jokes, not for long.
                          Rick

Hpredemption Cell / Hp Laptopnorton anti virus gift

Hi this is Suresh Acharya, I have purchased one laptop on 16/05/2010 but still now i have not received my GIFT of Norton Antivirus Package .

I even sent a cheque of rs.300/- favouring" Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. & the same was sent to HP REDEMPTION CELL at New Delhi towards the same & the same was debited in the last month.

Redemption Code->FW6Z9JPZ4T

Product Serial No->CNF0119ZK9

Request your help.

Await your reply urgently.

Regds
                        Suresh Acharya.

Hewlett - Packardmy printer started printing someone else's taxes — including social security numbers

I have a problem with my hp printer--while doing my taxes on line, my printer ran out of ink.I installed a new cartridge--and my printer started printing someone elses taxes--including social security numbers. I called H&R Block, and they said it was the cartridge had information programed on it...How could this happen? Then i read some of the blogs that said HP recycles old cartridges.. So does mean all of my information, that is supposed to be secret, is going on someone elses printer...

Hp Printer In Iraqone of our soilders

On facebook tonight I was reading where a soilder had called hp about a printer and the technician told the soilder that he would have to charge him for the information that he would give him to fix his printer. My complaint is these men and women are fighting for our rights and to make sure we are never attacked again, and then you knuckle heads at hp want to charge them money for them doing their job. Not so they can make a killing in the military, so they can protect us.
                            I have be a very faithful customer of hp for at least 25 years now. But after seening and hearing what this soilder went through to get his lousy printer fixed I will never but a hp product again.
                            The soilder showed exactly how he felt and how I felt after seeing the video, he shot the printer. All I can say is I am really disappointed in hp. You have lost 2 good customers.
                            I know you probably don't care about 2 customers, but just remember word of mouth can do alot too raise everyones attention to the good we do and also it can make or break a business. I am not one of these people that thing anyone or any business is to big to fail. So give it a few months and lets see how America responds to your actions toward our military men and women.

Hp / Acer Laptopcheated by sales person

I bought a HP Laptop from Harvey Norman Thmostown with extended Warranty in Dec 2008. I hardly used it and it started showing lots of problems . i took it back to the store and they told me they can replace it only if it is faulty and they send it for the repairs . The department of repairs told me they can fix the problem but they can't replace it and they fixed the problem three times every time they send it back it didn't work...Finally they agreed to replace the laptop. I was told by the sales person that they are replacing with a better Laptop and I trusted the sales person and started using the laptop but after a month i downloaded skype and rang my sister and i noticed microphone is not working . I rang the store they told me to buy Harvey Norman Support for $ 100 which i refused and started looking on internet about product finally i found out the product doesn't have Microphone my other laptop had microphone i rang consumer affairs of Vic . They told me to go to the store and to find out about the product .I went to the store and i talked to the Manager (Paul). He found out that Microphone is missing but he didn't do anything and told me he can't do anything as he has contacted the extended warranty company and they are not ready to change it so he can't do anything about it. If he can't help me with my problem why they sell us the warranty even with my last laptop the extended warranty people kept my Laptop most of the time i hardly used it it took one year for them to replaced my laptop with this one and its not the right one I spended approx$ 1600 on my first Laptop and they replaced my Laptop with $ 600 Laptop .Can you pls help me with this problem
                              Thanks
                              My email is [protected]@yahoo.com.au

Hp Pro 8500shame on hp!

Here is my case.

I bought this printer nearly 6 months ago. Printer had many serious issues from the beginning;
                                would not wake-up from sleep mode
                                PC and Printer would not communicate
                                Cant scan from printer to PC
                                Some color prints are distorted and pixelated

After months of talks with the tech support and a case manager/s, who could not solve issues which left me with partly working high-end printer, I asked for a full refund or exchange with a different model.

Case Manager's reply: Cant do it, use it as is.

I own a $400 printer that never properly worked, wasted my time, ink and paper.

This is isolated case and wish HP could have handled my dilemma better.

Shame on you HP !!!

• Em
                                    emailjohn Jul 02, 2010

my hp did same, I wrote to CEO registered mail, they offered me a small discount on a new machine. GOODBYE HP

Hewlett Packard$1,000 hp pavilion is a lemon

Having had compaq computers which we were very pleased with, since compaq no longer made computers as they merged wtih Heweltt Packard, I bought a nice big screen HP notebook from Walmart, feeling secure in my purchase that I was buying a good solid notebook and making a wise choice and investment. Ha - hardly. Paid full price. Not an open box buy. I have had this computer for about 2 years now. Here is all that is wrong with it. The dvd/cd drive is poof - gone - just disappeared. So I have had to buy a usb port one so I can reinstall my 2002 word, excel etc. The computer overheats, the fan is noisy, and it has shut down from being overheated. Periodically it stops in the middle of powering up and I get a message saying operating system not found. Yes, you hear me right - operating system not found. The delete key has broke off. I have cut my fingers on the keys. I am going to suffer through this piece of garbage for at least another year and then I won't walk, I will run to buy a Dell or Toshiba. I bought my husband an Acer with 4gb and lots of memory for 450.00 ! Do not buy a HP computer! Or if you do take out lots of extended warranties. We have never had any problems with our computers, either desk top or lap top, so I opted not to take the extended warranty, which ran like 100.00 - something like that.

I emailed HP with my complaint. I got a call from a customer service rep only to tell me, sorry there is nothing they can do. Why did they even bother to call back.

Hp Dv6t - 2000support

I am a software engineer who has used a variety of brands. I got a 3 month old DV6t-2000 i7 quad core with 8GB RAM for development purposes. I trusted in HP brand and bought this computer to see that there is absolutely no support. The support department is offered replace the whole panel and reformat the PC for one of the key-caps(in my case up arrow) being loose or broken. I told them this was not an option for a new PC but they insisted. Just when I was forced to accept their resolution, they added that also the PC would be reformatted to factory conditions. I told them I would not let them do this for a broken plastic component at the exterior side of the PC which can be fixed in less than 5 seconds. They refused to find an alternative solution and escalated the issue to a manager. In turn, when the manager called me the result was the same. I asked him if he was simply telling me to not to buy HP brand from now on, and at that moment he became rude and started a verbal fight with me. Eventually I contacted their CEO and I still do not have my problem fixed. If for such a little issue they are doing this, they are trying to rip off customers who purchase their products trusting in their name. If I had an option to return to PC, I would do it right now without a second thought.