Hertz / no customer in customer service

United States Review updated:

I reserved a car, but was unable to complete the transaction due to a policy that would not accept my bank card unless I had a return flight home. My husband and I flew in with plans of driving home after spending some time in Bozeman. Your policies do not take in account customer circumstances. Sadly, our experience left a very poor reflection on your company, the Belgrade airport and the town of Belgrade/Bozeman. I think it's safe to say that we will not be flying into this airport, renting a car from your company nor will we be spending time in a place I often enjoyed visiting prior to this experience. The unprofessionalism of the staff visiting amongst themselves as well as other employees with neighboring car rental companies was appalling to say the least. No one was concerned with providing help but stating policies. Where is the customer in customer service? Well I think you need to re-examine your policies. How is it that I can purchase first class airfare, pay to stay at top end hotels and eat in nice restaurants all the while paying for such services with my bank account card? I may be only one customer, but let me say word of mouth advertising can be the best form of advertising or in my experience the worst form. Believe me when I say, I would happily sing your praises if I had a reason to do so, but I don't and will happily share my bad experience just the same so others do not experience the humiliation I did!

Pm