Having problems with Hazelton's?

Hazelton's Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hazelton's Customer Service. Initial Hazelton's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hazelton's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hazelton's. Discuss the issues you have had with Hazelton's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hazelton'sGift baskets

These people are crooks. Made order for over $500 for several gift baskets (wine, beer, champagne...etc) What arrived was a couple cans of local beer and some cheap doritos. Less than $20 value!!! Made legal claim against company and filed with bank for refund. These people should not be in business. This was embarrassing to whom I ordered for. Please save your money and shop elsewhere!!!

Gift baskets
Gift baskets

Hazelton'sFalse advertisement

I ordered a gift box of pears covered in chocolate, I didn't receive what I was expecting, The box came with 6 plain pears in a plastic bag, a bar of chocolate and a small box of 6 truffles. The truffles were horrible, old and hard to eat.
    They didn't tell me what the substitute products could be, so, they send whatever they wanted, also, it cost USD 50 for 6 plain pears that I can buy at the supermarket for USD 5.

False advertisement
    False advertisement

Hazelton'sSubstituted bags of chips for gift basket of chocolate covered apples

October 22, 2020

I had ordered a gift basket of chocolate covered apples. I never received notice that they were substituting with bags of chips and nuts for the apples. They never sent shipping details. The recipient had to let me know they received it. They can't eat chips and nuts so just gave them away. Customer service was non existent. Just got standard emails back when asked for a refund. Never buy from this company!

Hazelton'sGift basket

Awful service. Basket was delivered on the wrong day. Many products were replaced and I was never contacted. The chocolate was spoiled. It was dry and tasted horrible. I contacted their support but they didn't get back to me. I wish I had read all the bad reviews they have. The product they deliver is nothing like advertised. I had to throw away have of the products because they were garbage.

Oct 09, 2020

Hazelton's — Champagne with flowers bereavement gift

I purchased a bereavement gift for my friend who had recently lost her father. I ordered, what was sold as a...

Hazelton'sGift basket

I bought a basket for my wife's birthday surprise. It came with rotten fruit. I also paid for an upgraded cheese which I spent over $12 extra for. I got a provolone cheese when I asked for the upgraded cheddar. There was no ice pack in the box. No telling how long the cheese had been warm. I had to throw it out. I emailed the pics of everything and asked for a partial refund. They replied with the fine print of "buy purchasing, I agreed to substitutions." They never even addressed the warm cheese and rotten fruit. I paid $105 for this basket and they offered no refund.

Gift basket
          Gift basket

Sep 16, 2020

Hazelton's — Paid $165 for a gift basket and they never sent it. Will not refund my money!

I ordered a gourmet gift basket for a friend who had surgery, $165. Was to be delivered within 3 days, 9 day...

Hazelton'sMonroe country fruit basket

I was stupid enough to order this basket for my friend. They asked for delivery date. Then without even trying to contact me they put organic fruits in a FedEx box and shipped them to my friend. 10 days later she got a huge mess of rotten fruits. I realized my mistake 2 days after shipping and contacted these people asking to cancel the delivery (it still had 7 days to be delivered). The answer I got - we can Not compensate you"! I was not asking about compensation, I was asking to cancel the delivery of rotten fruits to my friend! No answer to my 2nd email. This is a shame! And yes, they are deleting my review!

Monroe country fruit basket

• Mi
                Michele Patat Mongrue Sep 16, 2020

I would like to know the outcome of this? this man is a criminal! he has done this with his other fake companies also. I intend to file a police report for theft from the u.s.! and credit card fraud is a felony here, which is exactly what he does.

Sep 07, 2020

Hazelton's — Delivery date not match - product damaged not matched

We've ordered Chocolate Sweetheart Cupcakes & Champagne package and also upgraded it with the...

Jul 02, 2020

Hazelton's — Gift basket containing food

I paid for a gift basket w/ packaged foods for my sister in Tucson, AZ (Order #HU532994 - [JBM-RSMMC-597]...

Hazelton'sProducts paid for were never delivered

Products paid for were never delivered
              I ordered a gift basket on 6/24/20 as a birthday surprise from the Hazelton's CA website. My order (HU33337) was to be delivered 6/26/20 the birthday of a friend. After the order was paid and completed I received notification that the order would not be delivered until the following Tuesday 6/30/20. To date 7/1/20, the order has not been delivered. At the bottom of my receipt it states "Please do not hesitate to give us a call at [protected] if you have any questions." That number is a voicemail that instructs customers to email the company for customer service. The email is a "live agent" that does not respond. I can't seem to contact anyone.

Hazelton'sProducts paid for were never delivered

I ordered a gift basket on 6/08/20 as a birthday surprise from the Hazelton's CA website. Our order (HU531170) contained several of the customization options available on the site. I ordered 2 specialty wines and a specialty cheese that added over $100 to the cost of my basket, but were never delivered to the recipient. Repeated attempts to reach customer service to resolve this issue have failed; and after over a moth of chasing a resolution, I would like a full refund.

• Mi
                    Michele Patat Mongrue Sep 16, 2020

Did you ever get your refund.? I had the same experience and after a month I have not. $165 basket, suppose to be delivered within 3 days, it sat in atlanta for 9 days at ups, (sender requested that it be returned to them, on day 5.) they claimed it was delivered to the friend, as if I was stupid enough not the track it. loren dutos is a thief and has had so many lawsuits against him and his wife, christine I believe her name is.

Hazelton'sBasket

Purchased a wine basket for a friend and she received rotten fruit! She also did NOT receive 3 items that I paid for. Customer service tells me I should have purchased faster delivery so fruit wouldnt go bad. Delivery was already $30! Why offer something when it's not suitable for your package? No compensation for the items that my friend did not receive. No delivery of the items to my friend that she did to receive either. I paid $120 for a small basket of items in which the fruit was rotten. They included cookies in which I did not ask for. Terrible service. Do not use them!

Basket
                  Basket

Hazelton'sNot what you want, not even on time, horrible company

You will get an old and not fresh present not at the date that you want your delivery with plans look like ...

Bad service and worse customer service that you kind find to send you bucket to a love one

The balloon as you can see as a picture look like condoms...

Not what you want, not even on time, horrible company

Hazelton'sNo delivery of gift basket

Order # H3122495 ordered May 7, 2020 scheduled for delivery May 11, 2020. I ordered on credit card, they had me listed as e-transfer, took days to rectify finally on Sunday, May 10th I submitted my credit card through PayPal and payment was received. May 11th I was advised the gift basket would be delivered May 12th or 13th. Today is May 14th and still no delivery. I have emailed customer service numerous times and do not get the consideration of a reply to my inquiries. Your telephone number directs me to email only there is no live agent. I am extremely frustrated, this was a very important birthday gift for my brother's birthday on May 11th. I spent $203.39 and cannot even get the courtesy of a reply. Can someone please let me know if this will be delivered and if not, please refund my money in its entirety. I will not deal or recommend with your company again,

Hazelton'sNew order

I have left three messages and get a receipt in email stating that a "customer service rep has been assigned" and have not received a response. If they are not able to take orders due to the Covid 19 then the that should be advertised on thier web page. I have left a message to the "ordering" customer service department to return the call or emial me thier response. After this order if I ever receive a call back and deivery does happen it will be my first and last order to this company. Order # H3122846 being delivered to Ottawa, CA k2p 1B5
                        Monty

May 05, 2020

Hazelton's — Champagne & french chocolate dipped strawberries bouquet

This was a 21st Birthday present for my daughter who is living in New York. As you can imagine during these...

Feb 16, 2020

Hazelton's — 2 wine basket

I ordered 2 wine bottles of Chardonnay for my valentine's day gift. After the only email of order...

Hazelton'sbox of chocolate covered strawberries with bottle of champagne and glasses

Our son who lives in Langley, British Columbia ordered a gift box from Hazelton's of Scarborough, Ontario, to be delivered to Destin USA. He sent the order on Monday December 9th, USA on December 13th 2019, for my husband birthday. The package was delivered on Monday 16th December so three days late, it was in a huge box with no indication of the up or down side, so when the parcel arrived the bottle had mashed the chocolate covered strawberries, and it was full of strawberry juice in the box. I sent an email to complaint but they say that there is nothing they can do because it was perishable item, sorry but if it was delivered on time in a proper box it would not happened!

box of chocolate covered strawberries with bottle of champagne and glasses

Hazelton'shazelton's cake which arrived crushed and disgraceful customer service.

We ordered a birthday cake for my son who is away at college from Hazelton's USA. I cost more than $70 to be delivered and included a happy birthday message for my son which cost an extra $8. The cake arrived crushed with no discernible message. Because my son did not take a picture of the damaged cake on his 18th birthday, Jane in customer service implied that we were lying and did not offer even a partial refund for the very disappointing product. To make matters even worse her response was a cut and paste email referring to our basket multiple time, not cake. There was absolutely no concern for our situation or circumstances. Disgraceful delivery of product and customer service.

• Ke
                                KellyBeBe Jul 28, 2020

Just went through the same experience. I can see why they aren't on YELP, and why they don't even have a facebook page. They are literally hiding from bad reviews! I'm going to find everywhere I can to give them a bad review. Worst customer service I've ever had, and completely unexpected too. My friend was supposed to get fancy champagne, chocolate covered strawberry bouquet and a birthday balloon which I paid extra for...he got some weird champagne, almond roca, a chocolate bar, and a random cutting board. Most disappointing experience I've had with a company. I may dispute it with my bank...they rob people!