Having problems with Hazelton's?

Hazelton's Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hazelton's Customer Service. Initial Hazelton's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hazelton's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hazelton's. Discuss the issues you have had with Hazelton's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hazelton'sChocolate dipped pears giftbasket

Horrible. We followed up 3-4 times on our order & after 3 weeks it shipped after being told multiple times it was the carriers fault for delay. We ordered the chocolate dipped pears and they shipped two green apples, two red apples, and two lemonsand small box of rica. Like any of those are a substitute for chocolate covered pears especially lemons. Are we supposed to eat lemons with our wine? No advance request for substitute, nor any accountability upon complaint. There is no real person to talk to, you get diverted to email which you get a response it can take up to 48 hours to respond to. Horrible, absolutely horrible experience. Disappointment in a basket should be their marketing slogan. This company should be prosecuted for fraud. Pictures depict chocolate covered pears marketed versus the crap they sent. This is FRAUD

Chocolate dipped pears giftbasket
Chocolate dipped pears giftbasket

Hazelton'sOrder not completed

I had placed an order for 2 gift baskets to different locations; one to Mississauga and another to Ottawa. They even confirmed me my order details of 2 gift packages to 2 different locations. My friend in Mississauga received her gift however the other one has still not received. The tracking page is stuck to the same thing since days and no response from their team! If you do not know how to manage delivery in 2 different addresses, then why would you put the option of that in checkout?

I had even called customer care several times (no answer from them and they tell you to email them) and emailed customer service on December 30, 2020, to damages on January 1, 2021 and to delivery on January 7, 2021 for the same issue and got no response. The least you can do is at least reply to my emails! 3 emails!!! 3!!! Kindly get back to me on the status of the order as soon as possible because if you cannot deliver it I would like to get a full refund on it. The order details and the description of the missing order is given below.
    Order# H3171663
    Placed on December 24, 2020
    Delivery date: December 26, 2020
    Item description Green treats gift tray (Qty 1) - $94.99
    Recipient Address: Apollina Sharma, [protected] Ohio Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8N5, +[protected]

Hazelton'sToronto Blooms

I placed two orders with Toronto Blooms for $395.15. They charged me the full price immediately after I placed the order but the orders have still not been fulfilled and their tracking information is inaccurate on their website. I can't get through to anyone by phone and when they respond by email it's a generic copy and paste response. I placed the orders on December 21st to addresses in Toronto and nothing has been fulfilled! They also charged me for shipping on one of my orders even though the order was over $100.

On their website they are advertising two-day delivery guaranteed in Canada, yet haven't fulfilled orders placed BEFORE CHRISTMAS?? This company is such a scam. They only feature positive reviews on their site, meanwhile they have a 1.3 on Google reviews with over 100 reviews. I demand my orders to be fulfilled immediately, money back for the shipping I was charged OR MY MONEY BACK!!!

Hazelton'sOrder cancellation request not honoured

I ordered a baby-themed basket (ordered online to be delivered to Guelph, ON) from them on Dec 18. I received an email indicating ordered received. When I heard nothing about the order by Dec 30 I called their customer service only to be advised that due to high call volumes, an email is the better bet. I emailed them on Dec 30 explicitly requesting a cancellation of my order, complete with order number. Heard nothing. I then phoned them on Jan 4 and left a voice message. I got an email on Jan 5 in response - canned email saying an agent has been assigned, blah blah - to which I responded referring back to my Dec 30 email and to cancel my order. Nothing. On Jan 8 I emailed AGAIN to cancel my order. Nothing. Then on Jan 8 I got an email indicating the item had been shipped! Then on Jan 11 I got a response to my Dec 30 email stating - sorry, we can't cancel as the order has been shipped. I am outraged and don't know where to turn! The recipients received the package on Jan 12. I am attaching a screen shot of the emails (subject line and dates) as supporting documentation. I contacted them again today (Jan 14) and got yet another canned email.

Order cancellation request not honoured

Jan 13, 2021

Hazelton's — Cheese lover and beer gift basket

My husband surprised me with a Cheese Lover and Craft Beer Basket for Christmas. The basket was supposed to...

Hazelton'sChristmas Cheer picnic basket

Order placed on Dec 22, 2020 as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Still not delivered by now after 3 weeks. I have called their 1 800 number numerous times, but always was greeted with voice recording and was told to send an email. I sent an email to [protected]@hazeltons.ca, but it was bounced due to the recipient's inbox is full. Imagine customer service inbox is full?! The cheese we ordered as part of the package would have gone bad already I'm afraid. Very disappointed. Would like to ask for a full refund.

Order# H3169902
          December 22, 2020

Gift Recipient Address: [protected]

Customer
          XD Li
          [protected]@gmail.com

Item Description
          Which Artisan (Firm) Cheeses Are You Adding?
          Gunn's Hill Five Brothers Swiss-Styled Cheese

× 1 $12.00

Which Artisan (Soft) Cheeses Are You Adding?
          Celebrity Chubs Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese

× 1 $10.00

Christmas Cheer Picnic Basket
          160.99

× 1 $182.99

Subtotal $182.99
          Free Ground Service® Delivery to businesses by 5 pm and residences by 8 pm. Ordering deadline: 2 pm today. Typical (Not Guaranteed) delivery time: (4 Business Days). $0.00
          GST (5.0%) $9.15
          Total excl. Tax $182.99
          Total $192.14

Hazelton'sIn ability to deliver to the right address.

Having made an initial error in the recipient's address it took THREE months and a total of 39 emails to/from to convince the company that the gift basket was back in their depot. After paying for a re-delivery fee to have the gift basket sent to me instead, the original gift was sent to another recipient address and arrived battered and in poor condition. Don't use this company!

Hazelton'sGift Basket

My daughter from Australia ordered a gift basket for us here in the US for Christmas. Arrived a week after Christmas. What was ordered and what we got were two Very different things. As described in their website and I quote " A very beautiful wicker basket which makes a great keepsake " We got a BABY BASKET from Dollar Tree... the items in the basket were nothing like described, 3 x jars of Olives?? and one pack of pretzel dippers had a hole in it. I have reached out to this company via email, facebook and phone, the only reply I got was a generic automated response via email. Not Happy...

Hazelton's3 Gift Baskets Ordered and never delivered

This company is a fraud. Why aren't they being investigated by the RCMP and the bunch of them put in jail. I ordered 3 baskets and spent over $600. They were supposed to be delivered Dec. 24th and it's Jan 12th and still no delivery and they don't answer their phone or respond to e-mails. They should be charged with fraud and theft. How can I get my money back? I guess I have to sue them???

• Li
                    Lillian Bowens Jan 16, 2021

Jan 16, 2021
                    This company is bad . They take your money and do not deliver basket and no one will answer the phone . I am thinking about taking them to court. I think that everyone who was rip off should get on board and do the same. If we all take them to court, maybe they will go to jail because there will be enough evidence. They are ripping off too many people.

Hazelton'sChristmas gift basket not delivered value $152.54

Order placed on December 20th. understood that the basket would not be delivered to my parents by Christmas due to COVID 19. However, we are now almost 3 weeks from the order date and no communications from Hazeltons whatsoever. I have phoned and emailed customer service with no luck. I have also requested a full refund.

My order number is
                  Bermuda
                  Tel: [protected]
                  [protected]@gmail.com

Subtotal $134.99
                  Free Ground Service® Delivery to businesses by 5 pm and residences by 8 pm. Ordering deadline: 2 pm today. Typical (Not Guaranteed) delivery time: (2 Business Days). $0.00
                  HST (13.0%) $17.55
                  Total excl. Tax $134.99
                  Total $152.54
                  Payment Information
                  Mastercard Icon Mastercard (••••••••••••5143)
                  $152.54

RESOLVED

Basket delivered today. My parents seem happy with their gift. Disappointed it took so long but relieved that my Christmas gift finally reached my parents. I have not had any contact from Hazelton's directly, however, I received an email notifying me that courier CANPAR [email protected] Canpar Shipment Notification / Notification d’expedition Canpar (57600338-CW000850)

Hazelton'sCustom Gift Basket

Do not order from this company. Absolutely horrible. I ordered a basket in early December for delivery by Christmas. Confirmed delivery date. Gift was not delivered until a week after Christmas. Nothing I ordered for the basket was included. Recipients are diabetic, so I ordered all savory foods. They received chocolate cake and candies. Will never order from them again!

Jan 08, 2021

Hazelton's — Gift basket

Do not purchase from this company! Run! My sister ordered a gift basket for me for Christmas. She paid 250$...

Hazelton'sBasket never arrived SCAMMED

Ordered a basket worth over $400 to a family after their son had died. Ordered Dec 22 and gave them time due to the Holidays and Covid. Except it is now Jan 8th and no basket has arrived. I have sent emails, calls and Twitter call out but to no avail. Nobody responds, they certainly took my money right away. It is the worst feeling to be scammed like this. I read the ratings on their site and obviously did not do enough digging. Is there any recourse we can do to get our money back ?? Disgusted at this.

Hazelton'sInaccurate description

My sister have sent me a $170 xmas basket via Hazeltons which was ordered with one day delivery on 21st - came after xmas, to be frank on the 5th January. Nevertheless, everything in the basket was wrong except choco powder. The cheap wine you can buy for $12.99, with baileys you can't go wrong $22, lousy basket which was far from what was advertised on this website, small packet of broken bread sticks and 3 bags of chocolates, 2 bags of chips, oh and tiny jar of honey. All for $170!!! Rip off! The amount of time i spent on trying to unglue everything is another issue! I am a busy professional with no time to keep calling nor sending emails but I hope this will help! I did read reviews which pointed out similar issues plus the inability to contact this company hence my review herein. Lets see how professional this company is.

Hazelton'sFalse advertising - not at all what was described, paid & charged for upgrade that didn't happen

Online description was deceptive, paid for upgrade was not fulfilled properly with equal value item, other items were replaced with much cheaper/incorrect products - no response from customer service.

I recently purchased the natures bounty wine gift basket from hazeltonsgiftbaskets.com, with upgraded wine selection as a sympathy gift. With the upgraded wine option, I paid an additional $20 and selected a wine region, and specific wine type from the provided inventory list (I chose a french wine, louis jadot bourgogne pinot noir).

What was received was a much less expensive (not equivalent value at all) bottle from spain, and wasn't even a pinot noir, but a cabernet, called kadabra. When looked up online, it is worth half the price of the upgraded wine.

Along with the wine, other items were incorrect:
                          - food item was described (and pictured on website) to be handmade shortbread cookies, instead received a box of chocolates
                          - candle, which was suppose to wood wrapped, was a basic plain white one I purchased this as a sympathy gift for a family member's loss - therefore chose this specifically based on the items described, and feel completely robbed.

I reached out to the company via their website contact form, and have not heard back. Even more disappointing that the gift receiver didn't receive a quality sympathy gift during a grieving time.

Images provided: what was received, what was pictured online, online description.
                          Note: I upgraded wine to a french pinot noir, received spanish cabernet (when looked up, worth at least half the cost of the paid for upgrade).

Hazelton'sA basket not received

The wrong basket was delivered to my recipient along with a attached Christmas Greeting addressed to some family whom we do not know. I have sent multiple emails to customer service, damages, refunds, others and left two messages on the [protected] number since December 27th 2020. I finally received a response from the Gift Group Customer Service with a email advising me that sending multiple emails could actually be counterproductive! With that being said, What else do I do now that I cannot email? I was advised someone would contact me within 24 to 48 hours, It has been two weeks now since I have been waiting for a resolution. My solution, kindly refund me the money for the basket or send to my recipient the barrel of beer gift basket that I originally paid for that was never received. My order number was H3152758 I made the payment via visa 129.94. My telephone number [protected]. Please do not hesitate to give me a call...many thanks Karen Leverton

Hazelton'sGift basket

We were sent an expensive gift basket through this company from our cousins in England. It was purchased no Dec 19/20. On Jan 4/21 I followed up to find out where the basket was as we had never received it.

After trying to call multiple times I tried their online chat. Ammar replied saying the basket had shipped and provided a Canpar tracking number saying we should have it that day.

By late afternoon I tracked the package to it had been delivered to a weed shop with an address that was never provided to Hazelton's. Numerous attempts to contact Canpar and the Hazelton's have gone unanswered. I have filed complaints with Consumer Protection re both companies and will follow up with other means.

After reading up and other places I realize Loren Drotos is a con artist. Don't buy from Hazelton Baskets. Report them on FB and anywhere else possible.

Hazelton'sNon receipt of expensive gift basket

Our cousins in England purchased a gift basket from this company on December 19/20. After no received the product we followed up from our end here in Canada as to where the basket was. I received an email from Amman from Hazeltons who advised the basket had been shipped yesterday and was out for delivery today.

Our cousin provided all the correct address information.

When I tracked the package later in the afternoon Canpar had delivered the package to a completely different address even though they were given the correct address.

I have tried reaching out to this company, to Canpar and to the recipient of our basket to NO avail.

Hazelton'sH3160513 order number

I ordered a gift basket for my in laws and have not been able to contact them. It was a wine and cheese basket and was to be delivered December 23rd. I never received a tracking number and I have no idea what courier they use. I have tried calling and emailing them. The last email was undelivered because the email address had too many emails in it already. What can I do? Can I get my money back or do I have to wait and see if they ever deliver it. I should of read the reviews, I never would of ordered from them.

Hazelton'swine basket

I placed an order on Dec 1st for a wine basket to be delivered to my-in-laws in
                                    Florida to be delivered on Dec 23rd. On Dec 22nd, I received an email from
                                    Hazeltons stating my order was shipped via FedEx.
                                    When I checked with FedEx on Dec 23rd(my requested delivery date), I was informed by FedEx that they had not received anything yet from Hazeltons.
                                    I have been calling an emailing Hazeltons since Dec 23rd. I have not heard from then since the original email from them on Dec 22nd stating my order shipped.
                                    I have left voicemail messages in every department, sent 4 live chat messages and 5 emails, again to every department and have not received any response.
                                    My order # with Hazeltons is HU551805