Having problems with Hazelton's?

Hazelton's Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hazelton's Customer Service. Initial Hazelton's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hazelton's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hazelton's. Discuss the issues you have had with Hazelton's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hazelton'sBuyer beware gift baskets

My wife ordered 3 wine and fruit gift baskets on 12/8/20 for delivery by 12/23/20. Nothing was delivered. On 12/24/20 we checked the web site for order and delivery status. PRODUCT WAS NEVER SHIPPED. My credit card was charged on 12/9/2020. On 12/25/20 I sent an email cancelling all orders. ON 12/30/20 we received an email that an order was shipped. THATS 5 DAYS AFTER CANCELLATION AND 22 DAYS AFTER ORDER. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE.. No 24/7 day on line support ( as represented). No phone service. Told to leave a message and would get a return call. That never happened.
Now regarding the product that was delivered. Paid for a wine and fruit basket. Received a bottle of wine and some lemons ..LEMONS...
BUYER BEWARE. I WOULD SUGGEST THAT ANY PERSON WANTING TO SEND ANY GIFT BASKET FOR ANY PURPOSE NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hazelton'sFruit wine basket

Paid extra for next day Fruit basket with up charge with wine. Basket on arrival 12/19 was completely rotten and slimy with no wine added to order as paid! Emailed them and called 12 times, no response since 12/19/20 All calls go to voicemail- left 6 messages. Emailed Hazeltons pictures of rotten basket, wet and slimy! The have not replied to any calls, emails or voice messages!

Hazelton's3 baskets

I ordered 5 baskets and paid extra for shipping for one basket going to California - my choice was UPS 3 day - they shipped it FedEx Ground and it took 10 days to get there. I reached out to Customer Service and their email response was awful - rude and no care for the customer.

UPS 3 Day Select Delivery Delivery by end of day. Ordering deadline: 2 pm today. Typical (Not Guaranteed) delivery time (3 Business Days) $41.15

Trying to get any answers from them is next to impossible. I have three orders (placed December 18/19) and they still have not arrived. 13 days - two of them are in the Toronto area - they are quick to take our money however not so quick to respond or provide details re delivery. I have never experienced this type of service efforts. Why is this company not being held responsible for their commitments.

Hazelton'sGift Basket

On the evening of December 30th I placed an order for a gift basket (H3172403).
        When as I checked out, the image and description of the basket flickered and changed to something different.
        I was not provided with the opportunity to cancel the purchase -- it just went through a split second after the system changed my order.
        I immediately called customer service, but was unable to speak to anyone. It's just a stock answering machine message prompting you to leave a message 'due to high volume of calls'.
        I then tried online chat. Twice I waited for 45 minutes only to be disconnected.
        I then left 2 voicemails and sent an email.
        I tried calling 7 times again this morning (same stock answering machine message) online chat, and another email.
        When I check online the order shows as 'received' but has not been filled. The charge has also been 'approved' but not 'posted' so I'm not able to file a dispute with the CC company just yet.
        Seems this company is a scam. Google reviews are good, but when you dig further (trust pilot, yelp, a CBC article) you see that they have a terrible reputation.
        Just want to cancel an order that i didn't make !
        If I catch it soon...no need to refund the $130. Just CANCEL!

Hazelton'sNo Gift Basket Delivered

I ordered a basket to be delivered on December 22nd, 2020. As of today no delivery no status update on thier website. I have called and all you get is recording saying leave messages. I have left 5 messages and emailed and no response from anyone on my order. This was a gift for our boss and to be taken like this from a company is appalling. I am filing complaints, writing reviews for people to stay away from this SCAM. I have disputed the $90.00 charge on my credit card with my bank and I will be receiving my credit back.

Hazelton'sChristmas gift basket never delivered

In order to help others in future, just registering that this scam has been going on for a while. I ordered a Christmas gift basket for my mother-in-law on November 27, 2017, order 52716 for $133.32. As I could see there was no activity for a while, except quickly taking payment, I started to follow-up and could reach no-one in real-time, nobody called back or responded at all. Finally I gave up but I want others to know. Never do business with this company!

Hazelton'sOrder not being fulfilled or delivered

Order with Hazelton's placed on November 30, 2020. Order number H3144940 to be delivered on December 18, 2020 in Ottawa. Order total Canadian $129.99. This order has never been delivered. We called 3 times and left messages for customer service to call us back. These calls were placed on December 19, and twice on December 21. They never responded to our calls. Their customer service does not answer when you call. They only instruct you to leave a message. Not only did the recipient never get their Christmas's gifts, but our credit card was charged and we have no way to get a refund. Please let us know if there is anything else we could do to resolve this.
              Penny

Hazelton'sDelivery

I've placed an order on Dec 18th, paid for it (also paid more for the delivery) and so far, no feed back was given me.

I left several messages and sent emails. I had no reply so far.

#HU566896

Hazelton's Gift BasketsService

I ordered a gift basket from this company on December 19, 2020 and paid for the expedited shipping. My American Express card was billed and paid on December 19, 2020 also. On December 27, 2020 I look on the website of the company and noted that nothing had been done on the order. Contacting the company has been of no use as you only receive voice mail. I have written twice and received no response. n Order number is HU567678. Hazelton's never delivered the package or responded to requests for assistance.

Hazelton'sHorrible gift basket

Horrible! Do not order anything from this company. For my parents' 40th anniversary, on 12-3-20 I ordered a basket where I chose rose veuve clicquot (much more expensive than the orange veuve clicquot) along with 3 cheeses/3 chocolates for 12-23-20 delivery. I ordered specific not spicy cheeses. When I did not receive any verification of delivery being in process I attempted to reach out to Hazelton's on 5 different occasions. Leaving voice mails and following up with emails. No response. My parents did not receive their basket until late in the day on 12-27-20.
                    They did not receive the rose veuve clicquot instead they received the orange--LESS expensive- version of veueve clicquot. They also only received 2 chocolate items and then to top it off the basket included pepper jack cheese, a spicy cheese that my parents will never eat. No one will answer the phone or return emails.
                    I feel just awful sending such crap to my parents for a price that is embarrassing. I would love to know what type of recourse I have against this scam of a company.

• Ed
                        Edwin Outdoorsscholar-fitness Dec 29, 2020

At least you got something. My parents and sister's family haven't received anything yet! It's been ten days so far. I see they took 20 days to deliver for you. I know USPS is very slow now. UPS and FedEx is faster. I wish they would give me the option again to change delivery transport method but their small operation with small personnel cant keep up with orders! Owner or owners are incompetent with quality of Customer Service for followup purposes. That's where they lack good work and business ethics! Unacceptable!!!

Hazelton'sEverything related to an existing order

I never read all the terrible reviews posted all over the internet about this company and it's services before placing my order. I have placed the order on the 16th of December when it said that the delivery is 2 business days, sometimes a bit longer based on the situations. I understand the Covid situation and the holidays, so I assumed this would still be able to be delivered by Christmas. The phone line asked me to leave my number for a call back due to a heavy call volume on the 21st(I never received a call back till date). I emailed the customer service on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd and they responded on the 25th. Maybe because I kept sending emails, they created a shipment number and sent it to fedex. They never sent the actual package to fedex for delivery but the email response from this person named SAM says it is with fedex and they are blaming them for the delivery delays. Delivery delays are understandable if the package is actually with fedex. It has been 10 days since placing the order and till date they did not even sent the shipment to the courier service. My order is not even a complex make to order. It's a wine bottle, how complicated of an order that must be to take more than 10 days for manufacturing.

Hazelton's$357 custom gift basket

I received my custom gift basket #HU551857 (payed $357) on Dec 10 and I had many issues with it:
                        - It doesn't contain more than half of the items I ordered
                        - It didn't came in the wooden barrel I ordered
                        - The packaging was awful and many items were broken, smashed or melted (see pictures attached)

I've already sent them 3 emails, talked to an agent of their chat service as well as another agent over the phone. They told me that the issue would be investigated and I would receive an answer in 24-48 hours. That was 10 days ago.

I would like to receive the gift basket I actually ordered and ideally properly packaged so nothing is broken, smashed or melted.

Hazelton'sProduct and service

Wow just wow I phone customer service for help but the gentleman on the phone named Sean is absolutely terrible said he wouldn't help me if I didn't give him my credit card for 100 voucher which I have been saying no to and just trying to track a package that was supposed to be there yesterday for someone's bday. What kind of company is this ! I understand the busy times and with all the frustration everyone is going through but this is absolutely terrible!!!

Dec 19, 2020

Hazelton's — Wine cart gift basket

Dear Sir/Madam, I was looking to send a gift to my son in Texas. I found your company online and, after...

Hazelton'sCustomer service

I recently moved to Alberta from Ontario and since I can't spend the holidays with my family, I decided to place 7 orders in November for delivery this and last week, totally $663.58.

One order is lost in a warehouse somewhere in Ottawa and all the other orders which were scheduled for delivery today have not even been picked.

I am currently on hold with them for the 3rd time and each time, it's been over an hour that I wait for someone to answer me. Twice they hung up with me.

I've used their "chat" but they've only replied after a few days.

Now I just want to cancel and get a refund. This has been the most frustrating experience I've had and their customer service and owners do not take any accountability.

Hazelton'sHoliday gift baskets for 150 employees

I am so disappointed in the appalling customer 'service' this company provides.
                              I spent a small fortune ordering over 150 employee gift baskets for the holidays in November.
                              All this week, I've called and held, called and elected to have someone get back to me, emailed and tried online chat to get an address changed. Nothing, nada. Today after 40+ minutes in the que, I finally got to speak to a rep, told me he'd look for my order and then THREW ME BACK IN THE QUE.
                              My company spent a small fortune, and I filled out the csv bulk order form, only to find out today that baskets are being sent out as from me and NOT the custom gift card verbiage I requested for my company (which I had to enter 150 x's on the spreadsheet).
                              Pathetic!

Hazelton'sSweet breakfast gift basket

The basket we ordered online looked nothing like the basket our customer received. It looked like a kid just through items in a cheap dollar store basket! It was embarrassing to us what our customer received!
                                The response from their customer service was also an auto response which shows they don't care at all.

The first picture is what we got, the second picture is what it was supposed to look like or close to!

Sweet breakfast gift basket
                                Sweet breakfast gift basket

Hazelton'sLarge order for company gift cards

We placed a large order ($26, 500) for gift cards for employees. Some gift cards wouldnt work, they dont allow shipping to be used on their gift cards, baskets received late, damaged with unusable items. Complaints via calls ad emails went unanswered. Horrible items with horrible customer service. There were several gift cards unused. Would like the money back for them as they arent able to use them without putting in their own money into the gift.

Nov 12, 2020

Hazelton's — 2 Packages totally f'd up!

ME CUSTOMER I received the following message from Hazelton's a few days after my supposed purchase of...

Hazelton'sNature’s bounty gift basket order# hu547222

The shipment arrived with the plants knocked over and spoiled fruit. I ordered it on 6 Nov for a 7 Nov delivery which they offered. The basket arrived 9 Nov with plant dirt spelled throughout the basket, there was obvious moisture in the plastic and the fruit was rotten and covered in soil.

Of course I asked for a refund and was sent an email telling me no since the FAQ site warns of shipping produce. This is a company who ships plants and produce!

I expect a total refund or any other option to ensure my $90 got something other than a darn balloon!

Nature’s bounty gift basket order# hu547222