Having problems with Hazelton's?

Hazelton's Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hazelton's Customer Service. Initial Hazelton's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hazelton's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hazelton's. Discuss the issues you have had with Hazelton's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hazelton'sgift basket

My complaint is exactly like the others here. Ordered a gift basket, the order allowed me to select a day for delivery, but instead of that day of the week, a plain box arrived at the recipient's office late on a Friday afternoon where it sat all weekend.

NO customer service at all; all the items perished; there was NOTHING on the box that said it contained perishable items, and their horrible customer service by email (they have an automated answering service if you call with no live support) was atrocious.

Hazelton'swrong delivery date

Please see the attached photos. My order was specifically arranged to be delivered on 26-08 but so received an email saying it is out for delivery. Why then ask for a delivery date? Plus now my recipient will get a gift on the day that's not their birthday. Making me look horrible like I don't know when it is!!
    I don't understand how you get this wrong. Even in RSA where I am from they get it right and we are a third world country. I am really upset with this!

wrong delivery date
    wrong delivery date

Jul 16, 2019

Hazelton's — delivery of flowers and chocolate

My mother ( client # HC296092) received the flowers and the "Boss" chocolate as expected July 15th. However...

Hazelton'sGift Basket with Champagne - she rec'd lemonade!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered a gift for my sister in Norway - a specialty basket with fruit, 2 champagne glasses and paid an extra $88 for a bottle of Veuve Champagne.
      It arrived late and it was a box with 2 bottles of lemonade and some crappy crackers and chocolates. NOT WHAT I ORDERED and I was never notified of the change. Nothing in there was worth the $150+ I paid (not counting shipping). To make matters worse - a couple days later she had to pay a customs bill for $65 more!

Tried reaching out to the company and got nowhere. DISPUTING THE CHARGE AND WARNING EVERYONE!

Hazelton'sDon’t waste your money

I paid for a custom basket for a diabetic senior and asked for soft fruits like banana and mango, and I paid and extra 15 dollars us for a singing ballon. Almost 90 dollars total and they sent a basket full of apples and chocolate... And a basic balloon. I paid 90 dollars for a basket of garbage that the recipient was not able to eat! Their excuse was that they can substitute for "like items" without even letting me know?! How on earth is chocolate and apples anywhere close to soft fruit and specifically no chocolate? When I reached out to explain that this was not what I ordered, they basically said they can do whatever they want and there was nothing I could do about it! I expected more from a canadian business! Stay far away from these theives!

Hazelton'slate delivery

I had a similar complaint as others here. I ordered a gift basket for my nephew who had just had serious surgery. I got a notification shortly after making the order that it was on it way. Several days past and it still had not arrived so clearly it had not left when they said. Meanwhile he checked out of the hospital - even waiting a few extra hours for the basket he now knew was coming.

We had to re-route the basket to his home. Hazelton's was no help at all. Fortunately Fed-ex was more helpful and was able to deliver it but still a few days later.

Clearly Hazelton lied about sending it when they said they did. I think they send the notification so you can't change your mind.

I complained but they were unapologetic. So, be careful. Never again Hazelton.

Hazelton's — sympathy gift basket

Not only did the basket arrive disarrayed; they also substituted "less than" the quality of the wine...

Miller Place

Hazelton's — gift basket

This company should not be in business! I placed an online order for a colleague going into surgery on...

Hazelton's Gift Basketservice

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Ordered online from out of province for a package to be delivered on Valentines Day. they delivered it a day early, forgot the additional bottle of wine I ordered and got the address wrong. The worst part was that when I made a polite inquiry, they refused to respond. Don't waste your money, they are useless and don't care about building a customer base

Hazelton's Gift Baskets — gift baskets and customer service

Hazelton's Gift Baskets in Toronto (under the business name "The Baskets Group") needs to be exposed and shut...

North York (toronto)

Hazelton's — delivery of rotten food - small credit with high delivery fee - 2 months attempting to resolve

I received a basket from a client Order #52073 the fudge was rotten the crackers stale and the Tim's travel...

Hazelton'svenetian gift basket

I ordered the Venetian Gift Basket with an additional bottle of wine on 14th December 2017. It was supposed to be a christmas gift, but after a mix up with the delivery address it was delivered two weeks after christmas on 8th December. I paid a total of $241.48. The basket that arrived has multiple items missing. These were: A bottle of red wine, three different kinds of pasta, a cheese knife (which was one of the main items in the advertised gift), a salt grinder, a pepper grinder. Please note these items were MISSING, not substituted. In addition the balsamic vinegar that was delivered was leaking. I have a photo of the item as it was delivered. It is nothing like the basket that was supposed to arrive. The main purpose of this complaint is to warn others about this company. Most people who receive gift baskets have no idea what they were supposed to receive or what was ordered (since they are gifts). I think Hazelton's are taking advantage of this so I would like to warn others against using this company. go unnoticed.

venetian gift basket
              venetian gift basket

Hazelton'sincorrect order and horrendous customer service - buyers beware

Our company decided to try out Hazelton's for the first time this year - and we are shocked at how terrible of a decision it was. We ordered 5 large gift baskets to be sent to our clients. I repeatedly called Hazelton's to confirm my order over the phone, but the lines were busy and their voicemails were full and I was unable to get through. The gift baskets were sent out without the message I attached, so nobody knew it was from us. On top of that, some of the baskets were delivered at 7:45PM to a business (which was guaranteed delivery before 5PM) and sat outside in the snow overnight.
                I finally got through to customer service today (after 5 days of calling repeatedly) and was told there was nothing to be done. I was not offered a credit or refund of any kind - a first time customer that spent $1100. When customer service asked "Well, what do you want me to do?" and I said "I want the gift baskets sent out correctly, with the message" she laughed hysterically and hung up the phone on me.
                When I called back, and reported this instance to a manager, I was told the phone calls are not recorded and she was "Sorry". Still, no credit or refund of any kind offered.
                We will never use this "service" again as the way their operation is run and how they handle incorrect orders is abysmal. It is clear that they rely on volume orders and take zero effort into making customers happy and want to return.

Hazelton'sgift basket

I ordered a gift basket for my son and his fiancee on November 17, 2017. The basket was supposed to contain chocolate covered strawberries and champagne with a ceramic dish and 2 champagne glasses. The shipment was not delivered until November 24th. Chocolate truffles were substituted without any notice, for the chocolate covered strawberries. Apparently, hidden someplace on the website the company has a disclaimer stating that they will substitute products when necessary. One of the champagne glasses was broken and the ceramic dish was also broken, making the chocolates inedible.
                  I have called the company 4 separate times and emailed. I have been treated rudely by most of the customer service agents that I have spoken with and given different excuses each time I have called. I was asked to send pictures of the damaged items, which I did. Here are some of the different excuses and stories that I have heard:
                  -We are filing a claim with the delivery company.
                  -I will give this information to my manager and we will get back to you.
                  -Our e-mail system is down.
                  I am now planning to dispute the claim with my credit card company. This company has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced! Total scam.

Hazelton's — lies, rip off, unreliable

on October 12, 2017 I ordered a custom bucket to be delivered to my husband, as a surprise on his 40th...

Toronto

Hazelton'sgift basket

I ordered a birthday cake and some gourmet items for the birthday of my father who is in a nursing home. The cake arrived completely dilapidated - as if it had melted - with the top of the cake smushed against the top of the cake box. It had been raining outside and apparently the whole box of items arrived soggy and wet. They didn't have the cheese that I ordered so they decided to substitute other items without informing me. My father ended up with a brick of parmesan cheese and an ugly looking cheddar with porter in it. I would never send parmesan cheese to my father in a nursing home. I called the company to complain and they said that they would refund the amount of the cake, I'm sure only because I had a photo of it that I sent them. My family thought the cake was such a disgusting mess that they took a photo of it to send to me. The company also tried to blame the fact that the box was wet on someone in the nursing home and refused to refund the amount for the cheese because they claim that they say that they have the right to substitute items without notifying the purchaser. Luckily, there were no substitutions to which any of my family were allergic. I was not charged for them but there were items in my basket that I ordered that were not delivered but I would have only noticed that had a scrutinized my invoice. The entire order was botched and it was an embarrassment for me and much worse, a disgusting mess to deal with on my father's end. Considering how messed up this order was, one would think the company would be offering to give me an entire refund, including the $40 for delivery but the two people to whom I spoke refused to give me any refund beyond the price of the cake. I will be disputing the charge and urge anyone considering ordering something to be delivered by this company to steer clear.

Hazeltons,yorkville,basket and boards — Removing expiry date on the product

If you want to find this guy you can find him in his new location the address is 130 sparks avenue the name...

Hazelton's Gift Baskets — Hazeltons gift baskets

Horrendous experience. Customers beware. St. Nicholas gift basket for Christmas had a confirmed date of Dec...

hazelton gift baskets, Canada — Gift basket

My worst online ordering experience ever. their website is completely misleading. They do not list simple...

Toronto

Hazelton's Gift Baskets — Horrible Customer Service

On December 14, 2015, I placed an order for three "A Lump Of Coal..." baskets, each one to be sent to a...