HandyMan Club of Americaare they still in business?

C

I have sighed up for Handyman Club of America as a lifetime member and never received any tools!
I did receive some magazines but one day they just stopped sending me those. Last time I received a magazine was about two years ago.
Are they still in business?
I have no idea what happened but they are ignoring all my messages. I would like to know what is going on.

• Ke
    Ken Milder Dec 25, 2020

Well, I got a slew of tools, too, when I signed up about ten years ago. They stopped sending me flyers for their very poorly written how-to books after I started declining the offers. They also stopped sending me their magazine, which I agree with earlier comments about the quality.
    Getting back to the tools, what they sent were low quality. Even Harbor Freight has better tools, which is a testament to how bad the HCoA tools were.

• Ro
    Roy G Nov 05, 2020

OK, people here want to know, as do I, WTF is going on with HCOA. Anyone or anyplace have a useful answer? THANKS

Andy3 Nov 05, 2019

I was a lifetime member of Handyman Club of America too, I did get some cool tools but then all of a sudden Scout.com took over and wanted more money for my supposed lifetime membership!!! I'm done with it as I haven't given them any more money!!

• Ez
    EZC Jul 28, 2019

EC July 28, 2019

I also have a 14.4 cordless drill by Handyman. This [supposed] company is obviously a scam since I cannot even find the manual for my drill anywhere and I have searched all avenues on the net. I see where Handyman Club of America now has a forward slash / with the words "Scout.com" after it. I wouldn't deal with this organization either. If it took over HCOAmerica, it didn't let any customers of HCOA know about it's existence. As you can see, there is one star after Handyman Club of America/Scout.com - it is obvious we all know why. What a sham. Do not deal with Scout.com. They will go out of business soon enough.

Andy Brennan Aug 07, 2016

I wondered why I had not been getting the HANDY magazine.

• Sh
    Shelley Habel Aug 04, 2016

They have several clubs that I know of.. all seem to be gone. I'm sure thousands of people got scammed. I did. By a few of them.