Menu

P
Author of the complaint
12:00 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I enjoyed the product but was not using enough of it to warrant getting a new shipment every 3 months and paying $70 each time. I called in November to cancel the auto ship and was assured at that time that my debit card would not be billed again.
3 months later I received another package, and 3 months after that I received another package, with a bill for $130 stamped OVERDUE in bright red.
I called customer service again and was told that my account had not even been accessed when I called in November. No cancellation, no suspension of auto ship, nothing.

I tried not to lose my temper with the girl who was unlucky enough to answer my call. After some obvious frustration, I was transferred to a woman named Valerie who did in fact cancel my account. She was polite, apologetic, and helpful. She initially told me that I would be responsible for return shipping, put me on hold, and "got approval from the supervisor" to send me prepaid shipping labels.

The bottom line though is that I have been on the phone for 40 minutes trying to resolve this, after I'd already spent time resolving this 6 months ago. I will now wait 7-10 days for a return mailing label. Then I wait another 30 days for return to be processed. In the meantime Guthy Renker will continue to bill me, and will likely report a payment more than 90 days late to the credit bureau which will take years to clear from my credit report.

I am really disappointing in Guthy Renker. It is unfortunate that I can not, in good conscience, recommend Crepe Erase to my friends. It is a good product, but how can I support a company that makes it's money manipulating small print?

More Guthy-Renker complaints & reviews