Guitar Centerripoff refund policy

The guitar center is a major ripoff store for refunds!!! Read the back of the receipt carefully!!! The problem is, you don't have the receipt until after you have made the purchase and after the salesperson has already lied to you about returns. I purchased a speaker system and was told I could return it within 30 days. I returned it a week later and was told there was a 15% restocking fee. That was never explained by the salesperson! When I returned the item, he turned over the receipt and showed me the miniscule print that explained the actual return policy. Beware!! They also said they could not accept a returned wireless microphone, but that was not told to me in advance either. After fighting with the salesperson and then the manager, I got my money back 100%. Don't let them rip you off!! Better yet, don't make the mistake of buying there in the first place!

• Nu
    Nude DJ May 14, 2009

First of all, if the speakers didn't meet your needs, you could have returned them immediately that day. If you used them for a week, you deserve to pay a restocking fee, you used them for a while. Speaking of used, you used the wireless microphone, would you buy a microphone you knew had someone else's spit all over it. Let me clarify, it is against federal law for ANY store to accept back merchandise that has human debis on it, like microphones. Guitar Center broke the law to refund you all your cash back, and, it sounds like they even canceled the restocking fee. What's your complaint?!? Sounds instead like the manager did a great job of returning a full refund to an irate customer. Kudos. I'd buy there, sounds like the kind of customer service I'd demand.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices