Guitar Centerrip off return policy

Nude DJ, dude, what you describe in your response is a "same day return policy." Guitar Center sold a "30 day return policy." In fact, they brag about their 30 day return policy so that customers feel comfortable with making a purchase, even if they have reservations at the time. The trouble is, they failed to say anything about a restocking fee, whether the box was opened or not. That is deceptive and misleading and therefore it is a rip off. Furthermore, if you can't open the box, it's difficult to know whether or not the purchase is satisfactory. Your point of returning the speakers the same day versus after being "used" for a week is weak. My point of making the complaint is simply to warn other potential customers of the deception they practice at Guitar Center with respect to 30 day returns. As for the microphone, I understand now what the law is. My point is that they should have stated the law when I made my purchase, i.e. "It is against the law for us to accept returned microphones once they are purchased, so your purchase is final." To tell me afterward is deceptive and a rip off.

I doubt this will change your opinion since I noticed that you responded in favor of the Guitar Center on another complaint. You must have some sort of interest in supporting them.

• Gu
    Guitar Center Sucks Dec 15, 2009

F U Guitar Center! I will NEVER EVER buy anything from Guitar Center again, I will never even set foot in Guitar Center again, I will not even accompany someone to Guitar Center and wait in the car!

• Yn
    Yntar Jul 02, 2010

I received this dumb postcard in the mail from Guitar Center advertising some big BLOWOUT SALE on Jan. 17th with phrases to the extent of "81% off! YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO BELIEVE IT!" and "Be sure to bring this card to get in!" The "sale" was set to start AFTER HOURS from 7-9 p.m. Talk about suspense, right? Gives you the idea that it's going to be some kick-butt sale with rock-bottom prices.

Well, I go there, and first off, no one asks for my "exclusive" postcard-entry ticket. And I get in there, and NOTHING IS ON SALE!! NOTHING! Prices are exactly as they are any other day. Some stuff is even higher than what other retailers sell them for. A TOTAL FRAUD! Guitar Center is a JOKE!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices