Guitar Center — rip off return policy
Nude DJ, dude, what you describe in your response is a "same day return policy." Guitar Center sold a "30 day return policy." In fact, they brag about their 30 day return policy so that customers feel comfortable with making a purchase, even if they have reservations at the time. The trouble is, they failed to say anything about a restocking fee, whether the box was opened or not. That is deceptive and misleading and therefore it is a rip off. Furthermore, if you can't open the box, it's difficult to know whether or not the purchase is satisfactory. Your point of returning the speakers the same day versus after being "used" for a week is weak. My point of making the complaint is simply to warn other potential customers of the deception they practice at Guitar Center with respect to 30 day returns. As for the microphone, I understand now what the law is. My point is that they should have stated the law when I made my purchase, i.e. "It is against the law for us to accept returned microphones once they are purchased, so your purchase is final." To tell me afterward is deceptive and a rip off.
I doubt this will change your opinion since I noticed that you responded in favor of the Guitar Center on another complaint. You must have some sort of interest in supporting them.
More Guitar Center Complaints & Reviews
- Guitar Center - ripoff refund policy
- Guitar Center - thieves
- Guitar Center - treated bad by store manager doug
- Guitar Center - bait-and-switch
- Guitar Center - order processing and shipping
- Guitar Center - stupid sale people
- Guitar Center - unprofessional customer service & poor judgement on policy and rules
- Guitar Center - service
- The Guitar Center at Nashua, NH - bad service
- Guitar Center- Chattanooga, TN - customer service