Groupon.comFraudulent charges

S Jan 16, 2021

I made a purchase on Groupon on Jan 13th 2021 for $162.06, which is still pending and then on Jan 15th 2021 I started getting additional charges. One for $100.50, $9.83, $9.83, $21.40, and $8.75. When I noticed the changes on my account from the app alerts. I immediately called my financial institution and we went over the charges that were mine and those that were fraudulent, so I had to sign in and first the password didn't work which prompted me to do a password reset. I received an email stating now my email address wasn't registered which I just got a confirmation of my purchases 2 days prior. And the charges that were made on the 15th of Jan were pushed through immediately while the ones on the 13th are still pending as of today, which will clear on Monday Jan 18th 2021. I tried signing in again to Groupon and this time it allowed to change the password. So now I'm extremely upset and confused as to first how was someone able to hack my account, secondly make charges that went through faster then the previous ones, and thirdly how was they able to change my email and password for those charges without me even verifying then change it back without that drawing attention that this might and is fraud.
So here's where it gets funny I called the numbers listed and a recording states they are out for the holidays, but what holiday is on Jan 15th 2021, none I am aware of or none that are observed on that day. and there is mono way to contact them I even tried merchants support through the site which keep me going in a loop. Funny thing is I've been using Groupon since 2018 faithfully without any problems so they should know my pattern and for them too allow my email changed with the shipping address and not even confirm with me now has left a bad taste in my mouth and I will no longer use this service. You've lost loyal customer with bad business practices and security breaches that don't protect us consumers.
Something definitely needs to be done and actions need to be implemented so others don't experience such disgrace from doing business with a company that clearly doesn't look out for its consumers.
Going forward I have to wait 10 days for my financial institution to conclude their investigation and a reversal without penalty, but what if I needed the funds that were fraudulently taken and had to way of covering what the company has neglected which is securing each account and/or having a way to speak directly or indirectly via email or chat when matters of this magnitude need immediate responses.
If and when Groupon replies, I have all receipts, email replies, and copies of my statement to validate my claim.
Groupon you really need to do better!

• Updated by Stoner Wars, Are You Ready · Jan 16, 2021

Riddle me this how in the logical mind was a charge made on the 15th of Jan at 5:23pm and pushed through the same day but my purchase on the 13th is still pending. Let's take a moment to make sense of this nonsense please

Comments

• Updated by Stoner Wars, Are You Ready · Jan 16, 2021

this shows the purchases that were made on Friday Jan 15th at 5:23pm and pushed through immediately

Comments

Comment Guidelines