Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business & Finances Green Dot One of 6 walmart money cards taken over by an unknown party. A breach in their security.

Green Dot  -  One of 6 walmart money cards taken over by an unknown party. A breach in their security.

T
Author of the complaint
8:33 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased 6 $500. Walmart money cards in Coos Bay Oregon on November 11. I used the first one, with no problem. However when I tried to use the 2nd one it did not work. When I called the Green Dot customer service line, I was told the card had already been used by another party. I did not give the card or number to anyone else. I live alone, and I keep the cards in a safe place. They told me the account would be closed. I used card number 3 successfully, and then decided since customer service was so bad to turn in the other 3 cards, 4, 5, and 6. for a refund.,which was granted during the 10 day period . I filed a fraud complaint for card #2, and was told that I would be contacted via email. My request for compensation was denied, and I was accused incorrectly of giving the number to another party. I was denied knowledge of who this other party was. I was told to check with my local sheriffs department which I did, which did not make any sense, if I was the one who gave away the number. They were not able to, or willing to help me. I have the receipt and all other documentation that I was instructed to provide. I believe that the security breach was on Green Dots end, not mine, and I am being unjustly held accountable for it. Also their customer service is terrible!

I had a horrible problem trying to close my account (Card #1)on the additional debit card that they sent me uninvited. Their service people are hard to understand with their Indian accents, and they try to talk over you and convince you to not close the account. Interestingly enough, when I just (3/8/22)tried to close the account on the no. 3 card, I found that there had been an illegal attempt to use it, even though it had never been activated, which means to me that some unauthorized person has the number or their computer program does. I did receive an assurance that the unwanted extra debit card on the #3 would be closed, and then when I talked to the fraud division alerting them to a fraudulant attempt to use the card, they said that the account had not been closed. (3/8/2022)

Last thing I want to do is to do business with this organization. I am 75 years old, with an excellent credit history, and the stress of trying to set things right has been daunting. Please help me with this.

More Green Dot complaints & reviews

Green Dot - Unlock accounts
Green Dot - stolen money
Green Dot - can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep
Green Dot - where's my money