Menu

C
Author of the complaint
8:44 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The card was acquired from tax refunds in early 2021. I then set up direct deposit on the account from my employer. My paychecks were being deposited regularly. In December 2021 I began having problems accessing the account online. Subsequently I began having problems using the card. I Contacted customer service around mid-December about the problems and was informed that the account was overdrawn. At that time my balance should have been around $2500. Not having online access prevented me from viewing the transactions. All of the information that customer service requested was provided except the correct (original) address I had entered when opening the account. The login and password had also been changed. After determining that the account had been hacked it was closed.

I was verbally informed of some, but not all, of the most recent transactions which I knew were not mine. I then disputed all transactions from the beginning of December 2021 though the account being closed.

After several weeks the only transaction reversed was for $970 +/-.

Customer service then advised me that I had to prove my current residency or address in order for the reimbursement to be carried out. My driver's license, birth certificate, auto insurance, and a court summons, all with my name and address on them would not suffice. Customer service then advised me that proof of address would have to come from the local postmaster. I met with the local postmaster who informed me that "by law" the post office cannot confirm anyone's address by mail. The mail is sent to addresses, not individuals. Anyone's name can be on mail sent to any address and does not prove permanent residence. I will call customer service again and advise them of what the postmaster informed me of.

More Green Dot complaints & reviews

Green Dot - Unlock accounts
Green Dot - stolen money
Green Dot - can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep
Green Dot - where's my money