Google Treasure Chestscam, fraud

P

I have fallen for the scam from Google Treasure Chest. I ordered a cd for $1.97 and had no idea that I just enrolled in a monthly scam of charges to my credit card. I have disputed my charges with my credit card twice now. They keep puting the charge back on my bill because they say I did not supply them with the cancelation number of the product. The problem is I can not contact Google Treasure Chest in any way possible, to cancel or even return the stupid cd they sent me. I have no email address, every phone number I call is disconnected. I can not talk to anyone to get anything cancled. I need help with this. Can anyone provide me with contact information so I can resolve this...so far they are charging my capitalone card $72.21. I also would like to know who I need to contact to file a complaint with these scammers, they should be sitting in jail for what they are doing.

• Re
    Reviewer78272 Nov 24, 2015

Take down the picture of monkeys to Human on your search page...it is a lie!!!

• Sy
    symsonia66 Sep 01, 2011

Check Out Google Teasure took my money. I placed my order 42 days ago. I have sent them about 12 emails and no refund.

• Se
    selldu Aug 09, 2011

On my daughters bank statement was a charge for 72.21 that she never made and a phone # she could call about the charge. When she called the number it was google.

She called and talked to a couple people about the charges and they tried to tell her that she signed up for something that she didn't sign up for.

She tried via the company to get her money refunded and they flat refused.

She is now in the process of taking legal steps to get her money refunded.

• Du
    Dutane Jun 03, 2011

Google Treasure Chest, unethical ways of conducting business. Charges account for free trial membership of coaching and sales help and never provides information. Charged my account before expiration date of trial period.

dafleming06 Feb 11, 2010

I was also scammed and had no clue what to do at the time. I know it's been forever since it was taken out of my bank account but can I still do something about this?

• Ge
    george ed Dec 14, 2009

these MF lied and charged me $89.00 when there was nothing on the page that said anything about other charges. You can't trust any of these people. if they don't have a number to call and address printed don't do it. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one. this will be the last time i get something off the internet unless i can pull them off the bbb and talk to someone. I AM PISSED!!!

• As
    Astahoff Nov 09, 2009

I looked at my online banking this morning and noticed that $72.10 was taken out without any knowledge that I would be paying or owed them ANYTHING. When I called them they said that I got a CD from them for $1.97 and I have to pay monthly $72.20 for a website that I never been on. I asked them if they can see if was ever on there so called site and they don't have access to that. They told me i would have to pay out of my pocket to mail there CD back with a letter. Now my account is in the negative and my card is canceled all thanks to Google Chest!

• Sl
    Slavo77 Nov 09, 2009

I recently sent of for a work from home kit from google treasures.com, for £1.36 over a month ago. I never received the pack in the post. Googletreasures.com and since charged me another amount for £50.55 on to my credit card. I have been unable to contact them by telephone but have since monday sent them an email every day, with no response back. I am a a loss what to do next!

• Je
    Jenn69 Nov 05, 2009

I also had an unauthorized charge of 78.92 and then another for 2.95. It was supposed to be a 1.00 fee and then when I was sent the website address, it was not found. Please help! How do we go about being refunded!!!

• Pp
    P Palomo Sep 24, 2009

I never used the service and when I tried to cancel I was told the computors were down. I gave appropreate info and told to cancel. I also canceled via internet. I was still charge 3 times equaling $149. They are fighting my bank!!!

dailyartist Sep 11, 2009

@KRAMDEN

If you are making loads of money then you must be one of the crooks that are running or working for this scam

• Kr
    KRAMDEN Sep 11, 2009

I'm making loads of money with GTC. The 72 bucks was a bargain.
    Thanks GTC.

• Dr
    DRN Sep 03, 2009

They are shut down.
    There should be no problem getting your $$ back.
    Keep on them!

D

• Dr
    DRN Sep 03, 2009

Good news CITI Bank just refunded last friday my$ 72.21 from these clowns.
    I'm finally finished with this BS.

SO keep on your financial institute don't let up.

D

• seattleclock Sep 02, 2009

Update - I got all my money back from my credit card company that Google Treasure Chest cheated me out of . I also sent my credit card company (Citibank) copies of all the complaints posted on this website.

Google Treasure Chest needs to be shut down! Beware of these guys, they are criminals.

• Je
    jenna9683 Aug 31, 2009

i was JUST about to sign up for this online opportunity. im a waitress- (with a degree mind you, unable to use it for any real money given the economy) just looking for something to help pay the bills, i mean im working two jobs here... and google...being a fortune 500 company... well i was disappointed to read all of this but VERY grateful they didnt get my business and whats left of my bank account. they surely would have drained it. thank you to everyone who have posted their experiences. really. thank you.

• Po
    pokesdosuck Aug 25, 2009

Thanks JGraceyStinson I still have not contacted these people but that provided me with the lawsuit filed and links to submit complaints to the FCC. I hope these dirtbags get what is coming to them. :)

• JGraceyStinson Aug 25, 2009

Try these two places.

• Li
    LizR Aug 05, 2009

HELP FOR A FEE

Watch out for fake recruiters and charlatans who promise to train you for a lucrative new career. A well-known scam of the latter type is Google Treasure Chest, which offers people a cheap DVD that will teach them how to prosper placing Google ads. But in the small print of the buyer’s agreement is notice of a $72.21 monthly charge. Stopping the charges proves difficult; some people claim to have gotten relief only by changing their credit card numbers. Google Treasure Chest didn’t reply to requests for comment.

• Fr
    frustrated in Wisconsin 5 Aug 04, 2009

I was completely unaware of fraudulent charges on my visa that had been ongoing for several months, and I became aware after recieving overdraft statements from my bank. Why can't "those people" get real jobs, and not leach off of hard working persons like my husband & myself ?

• To
    Tonya63 Aug 03, 2009

I returned their disc, unopened, and I spoke with a man that said my refund would be returned with in 7 to 10 bussiness days, and that was about 2 months ago, sence then, their contact number has been disconnected. Tonya

• Te
    TERIMAKA Jul 31, 2009

I signed up for the informational DVD($1.97) and a free month of membership. I was assuming this has something to do with google ads. The DVD did not seem to provide any additional info.

I cancelled the membership on the last day of the free month and got a confirmation number.

It turns out that I was also signed automatically to all their affiliates. I was charged two months of $72 each and two months of $35 each. Recently, I was charged $160.00.

Last month, I did talk to someone (using the number provided on my bank statement)and they said they no longer handle google treasure chest and asked me to use their website. I sent an email using their website. No response. After the $160 charge, I called and found that the number in the bank statement used does not work anymore.

I just came back from my bank. They said that they will investigate it and I should be getting my money back from the bank. I had to cancell my card and get them to reissue a new one. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

AJ

Phone [protected]
    [email protected]

dailyartist Jul 31, 2009

@tecopaMassage

Have your bank read the charges that are being levied against Google Treasure Chest by the FTC. Google Treasure Chest has broken the law and scammed you.

Better yet, print that pdf out and show the bank how you were scammed because of illegal business practices. The bank is responsible for releasing your money to these scam artists and should have no problem returning your money to you if they are ethical in their own business practices.

• Te
    TecopaMassage Jul 30, 2009

It's worse than $72.21. I never even went to their site. I clicked on an ad that gave me an opportunity to ask for a "free" CD with information about their service. All I had to pay was $1.97 for shipping the CD. I started to put in my credit card information to pay the shipping, thought better of it AND CANCELLED the window. Unfortunately, then I started travelling for the next couple of months ... in the meantime, Google Treasure Chest and all of their affiliates managed to suck down $375 out of my checking account, using different innocuous names for smaller amounts that I didn't really pay any attention to, at first.

These people are guilty of fraud on a lot of levels. Bank of America has taken a dispute report (they refuse to consider it fraud yet because I did START to enter my information into their ad site) ... and has issued me a $360 credit in anticipation of reversing these charges.

Thanks, Bank of America!

• Sc
    Scammed_2 Jul 30, 2009

PS: Also, do file complaints to bbb.org, ftc.gov and ic3.gov

• Sc
    Scammed_2 Jul 30, 2009

I also fell for same scam. Called my VISA and they told me I had to cancel account ( DO NOT JUST CANCEL ACCOUNT WITH VISA, IT WILL NOT BE ENOUGH AS CHARGES WILL SHOW UP AGAIN) but also call each individual service shown on statement to cancel service and ask for confirmation numbers each time. Call bank back with confirmation numbers for service suspension and refund requests. That is the only way VISA can give protection from further charges and file dispute for chargeback if refund is not made within time stipulated by the service.

I've done what they have told me, waiting to see...

Hope this helps and Good luck!

• Tr
    treasure chest google Jul 27, 2009

I paid $1.97 for a cd and then I got a charge of $85.33 on my credit card.I didnot order any thing else and did not anything further in the mail, I want this company to cancel this charge on my credit card.I told them over the phone that I was not interestd in any of their programs and they still billed me.I was talking to some one on the help desk phone and she was very impolite and told me that it was cancelled as of now, but I am still left with the charge.Can you help me?

Elizabeth Caddigan

cC

• Si
    Silvia Alvarez Jul 27, 2009

I was charged 72.21 on my bank account without my authorization. I called the number given and spoke with several customer service people on different days, they all said I would receive my refund and I have yet to see it. It has now been 3 months. I expect to recieve a refund ASAP. Please respond!!!

Silvia Alvarez

• Tr
    Tracy Nolen Jul 25, 2009

I also was caught by this Google Treasure Chest, I did return the CD via traceable mail the CD was received I called and called each time being told the $72.21 would be returned to my account within 7-10 days nothing happened each time I called back I was told the previous "customer service rep" had just cancelled the account and not processed the refund, this happened 4 times . I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that the 30 days was now up and there was nothing she could do. I contacted the better Business Bureau the letter they sent was returned. They closed the case. I also contacted Google and was told Google Treasure Chest had nothing to do with them and that the name was being fraudulently used. I don't see how they can keep getting away with this. If anyone has a direct phone number to Google Treaure Chest please let me know. (not the customer service number as they are completely useless and offer no customer service whatsoever)
    Thanks
    Tracy

Johanne Prentice Jul 22, 2009

We were also charged on our credit card - 1 charge has been cancelled but was told to write a letter about the April charge. Which I did, expecting it to be taken care of as well. We got the letter back "return to sender, Refused, Unable to forward" in today's mail. I was given an address from the 'help' line what I called. That address was in Jackson, Wyoming. I'm not sure where I should send this letter now. We ARE NOT happy campers with this company.

Earl Prentice
    Ontario Canada

• Vi
    virginia markavich Jul 22, 2009

I ordered a CD for 1.97 and 2 weeks later they deducted 72.21 without my permission i talked to a rep and he said i would have the 72.21 back in my account within 7 days that was 2 weeks ago and i tried to call them at 2 different numbers and they both say the number is not active

• Sp
    S Pease Jul 21, 2009

This is the biggest scam I have ever seen. I did not authorize my account to be debited 72.21 per month.

On July 1, 2009 customer service assured me under cancellation confirmation no. [protected] that I would be refunded three months of debits to my account. Specifically, 04/19/09 - $72.21; 05/20/09 - $72.21; 06/20/09 - $72.21. I have only received one and I demand the other two refunds that were charged without my consent.

Today, July 21, 2009 I called to confirm the refunds, and was told by customer service that the girl I spoke with on July 1, 2009 was scared of me yelling at her for three unauthorized charges to my account and so she lied and told me I would get all three refunds within 7 to 10 days.

Where does it say that you will be charged 72.21 per month, I never received confirmation or receipt that these charges were being debited to my account. This is what I did recieve:

Hello Suzanne

Thank you very much for becoming a FREE MEMBER of
    SourceRights.com

As soon as you log into the members area, you'll
    see that you have access to a whole bunch of
    articles as well as two high quality Source Rights
    for free.

Thank you for taking the time to become a FREE MEMBER,
    and I hope you find the site truly valuable and profitable.

Sincerely,
    Louis Allport

• Go
    googletreasurechest Jul 21, 2009

i can give you the name of our company.. if you want.. i hate that scam company..

• Go
    googletreasurechest Jul 21, 2009

um an agent of that program that google treasure chest .. obcourse that was a scam and we can charge you that amount even without your authorization because we have all your credit card information

• Ad
    AD37 Jul 20, 2009

This company ripped me off for roughly $75 and have set up a system where it's impossible to get a refund. All mail sent to the address given for refunds is returned. Someone needs to bring a lawsuit against these people. They have take the money of hundreds of people at this point. Even the Better Business Bureau can't help you if they rip you off! They basically stole my money - unauthorized transaction - and there's nothing that anyone can or will do about it.

• Mi
    millie48 Jul 17, 2009

I agree with you, they are a scam, and I am very angry at the fact that they keep giving you confirmation number so that it says that you recently cancelled when indeed you did not cancelled recently, I cancelled 2 months ago, then they come back after I cancelled on time, they come and take 72.21 and safe lock ltd takes 38.84 out of my account. that is HORRIBLE!!!

• Me
    mesh_mae Jul 17, 2009

I was charged $72.21 when it was supposed to be $1.00. I never knew they were going to charge me a monthly fee of $72.21 for access charges. I called them & they said they would be refunding my money as soon as I sent them the disk back. I sent it & still no refund. It's been a month now & I can't get hold of anyone to find out where my money is. I want my money back.

Chuck Turner Jul 16, 2009

go to your bank or card company and get them to do a CHARGEBACK - your bank /card issuer will get your money back from the scammers this way.

See: http://www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

• Ka
    Kathy Willett Jul 16, 2009

I went online on how to make money from home and now two charges have appeared on my credit card, one for $72.93 and one for $38.84, NOT AUTHORIZED. I received my statement and because it is over 15 days the 800 number cannot reverse the charges. What a joke. So I have to send an email. These charges need to be credited immediately.

• Ni
    NICOLE M Jul 16, 2009

I WAS CHARGED $72.21 FROM GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST AND I NEVER ONCE AUTHORIZED THE CHARGES. I WANT THIS FRAUDLENT CHARGE REMOVED FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND WANT THE MONEY RETURNED TO ME WITH NO PENALTY. I WILL BE CEASING ALL CONTACT WITH THIS COMPANY IMMEDIATELY. I AM DISPUTING THIS CHARGE WITH MY BANK AS AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE AGAINST MY ACCOUNT.