Goodlife Fitnessbloor park club, toronto

J

Bloor Park Club - what a joke! This club is the worst. Every employee including maintenance staff, yes them too, have access to your personal info on their computer system. Your address, birthdate and SIN, everything.When I complained, head office said - so what?!! Receptionist will stop you if you take more than 1 towel. He has a big issue with people using more towels and other amenities. He checks personal info on members to see who interests him. Management does not care and complaints are not heeded to. Personal trainers and other staff have soaring attitudes. Equipment is not maintained.Towels are sometimes just put in the dryer without washing. You can tell. Bad club but from you read on this board, seems Goodlife has an attitude, just like its staff. Barfffff...

• Be
    Becca R Oct 05, 2012

How did they get your SIN? The only reason it would be in their database is if you gave it to them and they don't need your SIN when you join Goodlife.

jonr Oct 09, 2012

Upon joining many years ago, I was asked for my SIN or Drivers license, copy of which they kept on file and it was from the drivers lic, they obtained date of birth etc...

jonr Oct 09, 2012

Yes, when I joined years ago, they did ask for SIN and Drivers license. In fact they took copies of it and kept it on file. That is how they have all that info. At the time, I did not think of not providing them with this info - just part of signing up I guess. Regardless, I really hate the idea of employees having access to my address and other info.

• Fi
    Fitness123 Feb 14, 2013

Once when attending a yoga class at Bloor Park, I was kicked in the face by a male member who didn't even apologize. I am a small woman. I complained to the management about the classes being overcrowded. Of course, it's not their fault -- they can't control the behaviour of everyone who attendes classes -- but I never went back to that club again.

• Ol
    Olga Maria Aug 15, 2013

I was robed at Goodlife fitness recently located at 380 The East Mall (inside Loblaws), but I was told that this problem had happened before very often. The only security camera that they have is a fake camera and nobody has done anything to improve the security system there. They didn't call me to know more details or to know about my situation. I feel that the management doesn't care about it; furthermore there are indications that they may be involved. They also have a picture of a suspect and they didn't stop this criminals behaviour. Me and another person were robed at the same time, then somebody else told me that it happened to her last week, and another last month. They want nobody to know about it. Before I was robed with small things also, the customer service is bad, the staff person who proposed me to enroll never told me clear the fee, and when they charged me was a little more money, but why not to say it clearly? Also she never give me a bag gym and when I asked about how much it costs, the girl in charge told me that they don't sell it but I need a recommendation from some employee or a friend in there, are you kidding me? But I like the instructors that's I am still there.

Anon876 Jan 03, 2014

In regards to the main complaint above - there is no way a receptionist will stop you if you take more than one towel unless its Monday night rush hour and there are millions of people, that is a LIE because if you do indeed have towel service and paying member you can have as many as you like. Second, yes they do have access to your info but not as far as SIN number nor even full banking info displaying but in case something is wrong with your account or banking or payments so they can help you. In regards of hygene of towels thats absolutely NOT true, they wash them AND bleach them from automatic dispensers. Sometimes towels come out stained a little bit because members choose to wipe their shoes and etc. with them. New hair dryers and curling irons are put in change rooms but members steal them, everything is done for members but they choose to abuse it. Equipment - like many clubs have issues here and there but they always put in request right away to fix them. In regards to theft, there are ### people everywhere it is unfortunate that happens, in most cases people leave their stuff in lockers unlocked hoping no one would take it, which is a big mistake. So author of the first complaint - go get some common sence or at least chat with their staff before trashing the club.

Anon876 Jan 03, 2014

Fitness123 - there was no need to event post your complaint it has no relation to the club itself, max. capacity is 35 people in group EX class.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices