[Resolved] GoldCar Rentalunauthorised credit card charges for scratches to vehicle

K

Hired through Rentalcars.com received car from GOLDCAR Alicante 8 Oct 17. 3 day hire only drove to resort and return. Refused additional insurance so agent was very aggressive and warned me I would be charged thousands of euros for damage when I returned the vehicle. Returned vehicle undamaged three days later in daylight. Parked next to office and asked agent to inspect, he refused said they would do it later. Asked for my deposit return said it would be 5-10 days. Checked my credit card on return a couple of days later, they had charge £1000 for damage to the vehicle, never emailed or informed me, upon request they supplied photos of a few scratches on a dark vehicle, in the dark, bearing no relation to the car I hired, looked like photos of photos, different coloured images, maximised 200% so the scratches would have been barely visible without magnification. Absolute complete fabrication and fraud, there was no damage made to this vehicle whilst in my hire. Total fabrication. Scam. Theft. I want my money returned, plus charges. My reference is Subject: Re: GAP Comentario : 1422342 / Bono Agencia: [protected]

• Resolution Statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response · Nov 29, 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very important for us to keep improving and providing our costumers the best service possible.

Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/

Kind regards,