Goldcarcleaning charges

C

I rented a car for 4 nights on the 16/07/17 in lisbon airport, i had the car for 2 nights and had to return it as my girlfriend got some bad news and we had to travel home early so I returned the car on the 20/07/17. On the return i was told that car "Might" need to get a special clean as there was some sand on the carpets costing €30, as we were in a rush to catch the flight as we had booked last minute i didn't have any time to discuss this with her. it was just a small bit of sand from bottom of shoes and cars should be hoovered anyway between rentals. I had to run to catch the flight and didn't say anything, Today on the 21/07/17 i received an email from goldcar telling me that i have been charged €30 for a special Cleaning and another €150 for a major cleaning!!! Firstly how can i be charged both types of cleaning, its either one or the other and secondly why am I getting charged for a major cleaning? 30 seconds with a hover and the car would be spotless, this is disgraceful and very unfair considering the reasons why we had to cut our holiday short. I request the return of the extra €150 you charged my credit card, I am willing to pay the €30 since the lady at the desk said I might have to pay it, But to add an extra €150 on top of that as well is not fair. my Client number is [protected]

cleaning charges

RESOLVED

• GoldCar Rental's response · Jul 24, 2017

Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of clients is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you can open a query to our Customer Services department here: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/ . That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage this issue ASAP.

Kind regards,