Gold Carassistant at check in desk-further comment

G Jan 20, 2018

Further to my complaint and your response of 19/1/18-I fully understand that I must leave a deposit if I have independent excess insurance- I have rented cars for last 20 years . What your assistant was telling us was " that the insurance issued by Ryanair was not adequate for basic insurance and that we must pay an addition-"only gold car company can insure cars from " gold car"-that is why you got a cheap car hire rate" I found this quite insulting. Gold car rate was only minimally cheaper than other companies and I have never been told such a thing by other companies. I have always had excess insurance and so always declined car hire company addition insurance to cover the excess. I can only surmise that the assistant was on some kind of bonus to get customers to purchase additional insurance. I have never been told that the insurance included in the car rental is inadequate as a basic insurance . This was my first experience of this.
It seems that this is company policy as my son had the same experience in summer of 2017.
You did not address my complaint in your response-0ie why was I told that the basic insurance at booking was inadequate as a basic insurance? One comment made was -"if you break your leg you wont be covered"

I really would like this addressed better than your initial response. It does not give me confidence in the company and right now I will not be inclined to use it again.
I look forward to hearing from you
Daniel O Connor
[protected]@eircom.net

RESOLVED

• Updated by Gwen O Connor · Jan 20, 2018

I have commented on your reply of 19/1/18. I look forward to your response. Perhaps you might tell me your policy in dealing with clients at the check in desk when they have private excess insurance.
    Daniel O Connor

• GoldCar Rental's response · Feb 02, 2018

Hello Gwen,

Thanks for your feedback.

On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP.

Kind regards.