Global PersonalsCancellation of Subscription

After cancelling a subscription I was stunned to have £29.95 taken from my Paypal account for membership free. It seems that with this company when you telephone in your cancellation request it only lasts until just before the next payment is due to be taken. Beware - check your messages on the site and if you open them you are not entitled to a refund. I will be taking this further, any bad press for this company will not go amiss. Dreadful customer service, patronising, and disrespectful. I advise go elsewhere for online dating.

• Global Personals May 20, 2016

Hi Henniee,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope that you were able to get in touch with our customer care team regarding your request for a refund. If not, please email [email protected] with details of your request and I will forward it to our customer care team for you.

• He
    H.E Ludick Feb 27, 2016

Good Day

I cancelled my subscription and membership about 1 and a half months ago, why do you still took money out of my account, please refund me.
    [email protected] or [email protected]

• Global Personals Feb 01, 2016

Hi Titis,

For help with your account and how to access it, please email [email protected] with details of your query and the customer care team will get back to you shortly.

Global Personals

• Global Personals Feb 01, 2016

Hi Joy,

That doesn't sound quite right. Please could you send the following details in an email to [email protected] and we will look into it for you?

- Your user ID
    - The email address you used to sign up to the site with
    - Details of what has happened

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Global Personals

• Ti
    Titis Jan 30, 2016

I have an account with Elite singles which the subscription was taken on the 25th January.
    I can't remember my password but even when I put the new one it does not open.
    My email is [email protected]

• Ti
    Titis Jan 30, 2016

I have an account with Elite singles which I paid subscription but I can't log in
    I think is better to cancell

• Pa
    Pal007 Oct 09, 2015

[email protected] this is my email I need to stop money out from my account right now & refund my all money thanks

• De
    deelon Nov 10, 2014

Back in June of this year i rang Global Personals to cancel a subscription with them. To my surprise in October i get a call from my banks security department asking i new anything about a transaction of £60 between myself and Global Personals. I didn't and as a precaution i cancelled my card. I emailed the company who told me that without certain details they couldn't help. While i looked for these i tested the website by putting in my email to see if it recognised it, lo and behold 'no account is attached to this email address' flagged up. So it was clear i didn't have an account and that i had cancelled. Eventually, after i had given them the details needed, i was informed that " this is a repeat payment for your membership, " and was provided with a membership number. I was also told that i could cancel this between the hours of blah blah blah. I checked this number by requesting to my change password and was told an email had been sent. Again, this email never arrived, this was all wrong. Today i called them up and spoke to 'Brian' I asked him to check this membership number and he confirmed my name and email address. When I mentioned that my email wasnt recognised by the site as having an account 'Brian' told me to contact my email provider and find out why they were not getting through, LOL. Top class customer service, its the email providers fault! When i mentioned i had cancelled the service in June he asked ridiculous questions like "What date and time was that?" as if i could remember, also the had "no record of such a call". Apparently im supposed to keep records 6 months after cancelling just to be sure it's done?? Eventually i got him to cancel this number, i asked for a cancellation number and was told "there is no such thing". He told me an email has been sent confirming this. GUESS WHAT?? NO EMAIL HAS ARRIVED! This time i have written down the date and time and who i spoke to, because if this happens again its a legal matter. The only advice i can give is when you cancel, any emails they send confirming, keep. it's clear they don't so they can deny it later.

• Da
    Davem253 Jun 25, 2014

[email protected]
    You are billing me repeatedly.
    Make it stop
    Above is the email address please get in touch.
    Additionally i want a refund

Thankyou

malcanderton Feb 13, 2014

hi i wish to to cancel my account with you with immediate effect

• Ke
    Kerry A Nov 04, 2013

Global Personals are ripping people off. TAKE IT TO THE POLICE, LAWYERS, OMBUDSMAN!!!

• Ke
    Kerry A Nov 04, 2013

I too have had the same problem (Jhb, SA) - I signed up for a ONE MONTH TRIAL period, after which I deregistered (which they make very difficult to find/do) - and I am still being deducted every month! I have tried to email them and the IDIOT on the other end says she cannot cancel it with my name or email, that I must provide a number which appears on "ANY" correspondance. The woman IS corresponding with me and tells me that. These people are STUPID, INCOMPETENT and STEALING.
    I will change my bank account as I have been told you cannot stop someone from taking money if you gave them your details, which is utterly PATHETIC of the bank. So you can give someone your bank number for something and it means they can legally deduct any amount of money?? ###.
    This Global Personals Co should be shut down for stealing!!! It seems thier name pops up everywhere for this exact complaint. And they just tell everyone - sorry - tough luck?
    Wecome the police, lawyers, ombudsman - whatever it takes to get these people properly investigated!!!

andy stonier Mar 09, 2013

you have left me homeless as you deducted funds fa my account which was my rent money pay me

• Pa
    paul aquilina Feb 02, 2013

My name is Paul Aquilina I have unsubscribed to your site 553date me now 50+ I no longer want to use the site and would be obliged if you would no longer email me . I have changed my bank number and no longer wish you to take any more money from my account as regards to this dating site. Any further deduction from my account, on your behalf will be considered as theft and or fraud. I have informed my bank to not pay any more money to Global Personals. As £180 from Aug/0ct 2012 and Feb2013. Is more than adequate for less than a year on the site.

Global Personals Support Jan 23, 2013

Sandy Wood: If you wish to cancel simply follow the instructions that are posted on the website: If you are in the UK call [protected] and an agent will cancel your subscription for you. Simply have your membership ID or the email address you used to subscribe. If you are not in the UK, simply use the online cancellation service. We only send genuine success stories as we have to prove these exist to the Advertising Standards Agency. We receive several hundred of these a week. We do not knowingly send out any fake profiles as they are all generated by members and these are all vetted by a team of moderators. We cannot guarantee that the details that members create in the profiles are valid, but we do try and remove any that we believe are not or that have been reported to us as fake. There are many reasons why you may not get replies but only the recipients of your emails can answer that. It may be that you are not the person they are looking for or that your message does not attract their attention. If there is anything else we can help with contact us here: [email protected]

Sandy wood Nov 21, 2012

It also makes me laugh when global send you every now and then a portfolio of success stories. Due to fact that apparently there was nothing i could do re stopping them taking
    out the money - i thought might as well use them. I have in nearly the year i have been stuck with this service - never had anyone reply to any of my messages sent and half the time i get a private message supposedly which is normally from someone over 200 miles away and you can tell it has been sent to everyone - so much for a private message! And how they get any success stories based on my experience with their service is beyond me! I have also on investigation found out they send out fake profiles - probably why i don't get any replies!

• Rb
    RBfrustrated Nov 20, 2012

Same here, even my bank seem to have an extended knowledge of this company and keep stating Global and Personals subscription contract and thus disputing my request not allow payments to be taken from my account! After numerous calls, emails etc, trying to cancel membership failed and I can't even remember using them :( Very frustrating situation. Shame on Barclays for supporting them

• Bo
    BOSE MOHAN Oct 15, 2012

Unauthorize debits from my credit card

Sandy wood Sep 20, 2012

I am having the same problem - took money on a rolling contract - very cleverly don't remind you it is up- once you realise and try to cancel you try forever to speak to someone with no success! Twigged you can email cust support but they take a day to pesky so by the time you re email to say cancel! Your supposed 72 hours is up! The bank initial put the money back in my account but global are going to re take cos they reckon they are in the right! This is at the time when i am on statutory sick pay and awaiting a big op. Don't have 79 spare and will now have to dispute the latest threat to take money. Shame on the company. They say call but you get a mono toned cust service person telling you in a nut shell - tough!

Global Personals Support Sep 07, 2012

Our cancellation instructions are clearly available on all our websites. Opening and sending emails are the privilege of subscribed membership, so in doing so you are using the service and we are therefore legally entitled to payment for such use. We clearly state that in our terms and conditions which may be found here: www.gpl-cc.com
    Regards

Global Personals Support Sep 05, 2012

All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read.

Wiltshiregrump: Our websites carry all our instructions on how to cancel and these are quite clear and easy to follow. We publicise our IceBreaker service openly on the site but it only selects members in regions you have previously viewed. And yes we run over 7500 sites worldwide, the nature of those sites is fully explained when you join.

Lucy1512: We set up a continuous authority payment with your bank which you authorised at the time of subscribing, this payment is then controlled by your bank who will honor it until you cancel it.

When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website.
    Regards

• Wi
    Wiltshiregrump Jul 22, 2012

Oh, and they run several dating sites apparently...

• Lu
    Lucy1512 Jul 22, 2012

I have recently experienced global personals take money out of my account PRIOR to my contract finishing. They said like that I had to call 72 hours before to give notice of cancellation but they had already taken the money out of my account!!! I am furious with this fraudulent company & plan to take matters further as they cannot get away with this, how many other people are they stealing money from????

• Ro
    Rober Williamson Dec 01, 2011

Hi
    I have an account with you which i would now like to cancel.

my email address is :[email protected]

so can you please get back to me with the procedure i should now take to cancel my account.

R Williamson

• Wi
    Wiltshiregrump Jun 10, 2011

Global personals request that you phone them between the hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri to cancel a subscription, yet if you read their website they say you can email to cancel. Despite emailing them several times over TWO months they will not cancel unless I phone. I cannot phone during working hours. They have said they will renew my subscription automatically unless I phone 72 hours before the subscription is due DESPITE me emailing to cancel this. I have now had to ask my bank to not honour the payment as this company, run by Global Personals, is highly unethical and just wants to take your money.

You will get random messages sent to you from all over the country due to their "ice breaker" service - so you think someone's sending you a message but in fact they are just sending random messages out to everyone. So when I replied to one of them asking why they were contacting me (since clearly we lived thousands of miles apart and totally unsuited) I was then deemed to be fully engaging in using the site!!! This company seriously needs to be stopped and taken to court due to this type of behaviour.

• Bo
    Bonnie67 Apr 05, 2010

I have been charged the sum of £14.99 through Paypal and I cannot find out what this is for