Global Personals Logo

Global Personals

Having problems with Global Personals?

Global Personals reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 18, 2008. The latest review about urgent letter was posted on May 30, 2018. The latest complaint not paid this was resolved on Jul 11, 2014. Global Personals has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. Global Personals has resolved 17 complaints.

Global Personals Customer Service Contacts

Minton Place, Victoria Street
Windsor
United Kingdom - SL41EG

Global Personals Complaints & Reviews

Global Personals — about urgent letter

Dear saudi poat management. My letter has been reached in central post office riyadh. from last 5 days but...

Global Personals Fraud

I spoke to the fraud unit at my bank after noticing that there was a block on my card, to find out that Global Personals had attempted to deduct $59.95 from my account on two separate occasions. Luckily my bank recognized this activity as fraudulent and blocked it. I had never so much as heard of this company let alone signed up for it for its services. After reading previous complaints regarding this company, it seems as if I am not the only person this has happened to, so I have come to the conclusion that it is the company itself stealing credit card details, not individual people. I DO NOT recommend signing up to this company if you're considering it. Its amount of fraudulent activity is worrying and it needs to be shut down

• Global Personals Jun 03, 2016

Hi Elly123,

I’m sorry you feel that way. I can assure you that all our sites are legitimate and we take fraud very seriously.

So that we can refer you to our fraud department for them to investigate, please could you send the following information in an email to [email protected]?

- The dates you were billed
      - The amounts you were billed for
      - The last 4 digits of your credit card

We will endeavour to respond to your email within 24 hours of receipt.

Do let me know if you have any questions at all.

Michaela

Global Personals — On-line dating

I have tried to cancel my membership numerous time and spoken to your support people on a number of time...

Johannesburg

Global Personals $1.00 membership was charged at $79.95

This is very disappointing : List of events: please see the attached document to proof of history: I got an offer e mail with a promo code to upgrade membership for $1.00 I followed the prompts and exactly had support chat person as well to suport the next thing i know is I am getting an e- mail that I have been charged for 79.95 NOw I have canceled and they say that it takes 10 dayz to refund NOT sure they refund me or not Dodgee company

• Li
        Liz Williams May 20, 2016

I too have the same complaint - there is no form of contact and i want this money returned to my account. My membership was cancelled on 15th May. If money is not returned my bank will raising a dispute. If you are so honest how come there is no contact number here in Australia or email for complaints - DODGY - VERY

Global Personals Fraud

I never heard of this company before or signed up to any of its sites. For one thing, I don't believe in online dating and secondly, I never provide card details online hastily. I ALWAYS want to know the reputation of the company before I give it custom. My bank statements listed 4 transactions I never made. How the company got hold of my card details, I have no idea. Or was it an individual signed up to these Global Personal people who stole my details and used them online? Again, I have no idea. Reading many other comments on here gives me the idea that I wasn't the first target- and I probably won't be the last. My advice: don't be quiet about this. Report them as fraud and make sure they are investigated by the police. This company needs to be destroyed once and for all.

• Ga
          garry93 May 12, 2016

My profile I'd [protected] how login

Global Personals Dating site

My account was hacked on the 17/10/15.Support team no assistance for 1.5 weeks. Finally helped change password. Then 6 mth membership taken without consent 50 odd messages had been sent out in my name. Manager finally agreed to refund and cancel membership. Told me I was rude for asking to speak to complaints. Very unhappy, concerned and violated.

• Global Personals Nov 03, 2015

We’re really sorry to hear that - that doesn’t sound quite right. So that we can look into it further, please could you send an email to [email protected] with the following details:

- Your member ID and username
            - The email address you used to sign up to the site
            - Details of what has happened

Many thanks,

Michaela - Global Personals

Global Personals Taking monthly payments from an account unauthorised

I signed up for a month only for this dateline company and they have been taking £37.00 per month from my account for months and months. I have now reported it to the Fraud banking people but I want all my money back. it is preying and taking advantage of lonely people with little money.

Global Personals — Dodgy Scammers

* Subscribers Beware * recently ripped off by this online dating mob, had to contact nominated bank and...

Global Personals LtdUnsure...

There's an amount of $175.04 deducted from my account . I cannot recall authorizing this amount (last deducted August 9, 2015) from my westpac account.. Please supply details of withdrawal..
            Whatever the account please cancel & refund monies paid...
            Julie Dudley

• Hi
                Hilary Robertson Apr 13, 2016

Totally agree that their practises seem unethical. I joined looking for ethical partners who are interested in the environment and seem to be lumped together with inappropriate profiles from loads of much racier websites. It's not good and I'd urge anyone to use a reputable site

• Cl
                clearwatercrest Oct 10, 2015

have to agree with you Julie, their tight ### scammers, the usual half empty glass syndrome full of excuses re; global personals alias venntro media group. had to contact my nominated bank and cancel my card after being debited twice by these dodgy crooks, check out the CEO founders name poor lost soul.

sign of the times regarding dealing with unethical irrational and difficult people especially the greedy ones.

good people save yourselves the trouble, best just don't go their re; older dating online, their also affiated with other online dating sites.

Global Personals Taken money out after cancellation

When i signed up i had s big email war with this company over there misleading policies so i cancelled my subscription, only to find out today when i checked my account that they have taken more money out ! In a email sent by this company they asked if i wanted to cancell and i said yes ! So why have they taken more money out please rectify the situation asap

Taken money out after cancellation

Global Personals LtdUnauthorized credit card transactions

Global Personals Ltd, is deducting money (R545.00) from my credit card since June 2015 every month.

As a gift for a friend to meet people, we made a once off payment with our credit card. Global personals Ltd is now deducting every month R545.00 from our credit card.

Global Personals Ltd had no authority to deduct any further monies from our credit card. But they did because they kept our credit card details and they used it without my approval or consent to do so. That is fraud.

I have report it to our credit card fraud department and my card is now cancelled, how inconvenient is this that I must wait for a new card.

People be very careful of Global Personals Ltd, I trust that I will get my money back.

Global Personals — Website no longer working

I subscribed to Global Personals dating website: app.christiandating.co.za. I made a three month...

Windsor

Global Personals LtdPayment taken without permission

My name is Robyn Hong. A payment of $239-95 has been taken out of my account without my permission. I have cancelled this service.

I am a pensioner and cannot afford this. I would like an immediate
                  refund to my account.

I gave permission for the first one to be take out then it was cancelled.

This amount was debited to the account on 22nd August, 2015.
                  with the bearer being "Global Personals Ltd Gpl-Cc-co

This is the second time I have tried to contact someone from your office. I do not have any correspondence from your company to give you a membership number or account number.
                  However, I'm sure your accounts dept. can tell you these details.

I will hold off contacting Consumer affairs until Friday.

I can produce my c/c number at your request.

Yours
                  sincerely,

Robyn Hong

c.c.

cherylschoice Jan 30, 2016

This exact same thing has happened to me as a pensioner, what can be done about it :(

Global Personals Fraud

This evening I received a text from my bank, stating that R495 had been reserved for a purchase @ Global Personals Ltd. I couldn't recall making any purchase of that amount & that name was not something I was familiar with. Through a Google search I find out that this is apparently a dating site. I did not register, visit or even know such a site existed before today.

Global Personals taken money after cancellation

i signed up for this service last august and paid for a one month subscription i met some one else not from dating site and forgot about it when i went through my statements in january i noticed that regular payments were every month so read the information i should have read when i subscribed and realised it was ongoing. i then followed the instructions for cancellation and tried to cancel it in february, job done, closed email address down and never visited the site again. then i check my statement again £22 taken again thought this was because i hadnt given enough time before payment was due before cancellation so left it. one month later and again the money has been taken so back on the phone again why have you taken the money twice since i cancelled? replied with "you agreed to a free two week subscription to the site and if you still want to cancel it you have to call back again before the two weeks are up" i remember saying that i do not want to continue with there services and the offer of a free two week entitlement is a disguise to keep you on there services to extract more money from you. i have requested a copy of the phone call to see what i said and to see if i agreed to it or if said that " i do not want two weeks free" i just wanted it cancelled. these people running this business know that a sweetner is a good way to fool you into keeping you on there books that little bit longer . the other thing that annoyed me was the length of time taken for the phone call to answered as i think i was on the phone waiting for nearly 10 minutes before i spoke to someone, why would i want to phone up again and wait that ammount of time.

• Mi
                          MichaelaVenntro Oct 15, 2015

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. So that we can resolve this for you, please could you email to [email protected] with the email address you registered to the site with and your member ID number?

A senior member of our customer care team will then look into it and get in touch right away. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Michaela

• Gg
                          gg123456789 Oct 13, 2015

ive cancelled 4 times each time, with aknowledgement saying yeah its cancelled 10 mins ago, but let me guess when they'll charge me again next month they'll say thats correct i cancelled and deleted my account with a 14day trial just incase "i liked a deleted 14days trial which is auto charged mothly if i want to stay deleted", global personals is a sham company, the only way i see forward is going through the credit card company.

• Global Personals Apr 07, 2015

Hi Carl,

That doesn't sound right. So that we can resolve this for you, please could you put the following details in an email to [email protected]?

- The email address that you registered to the site with
                          - Your member ID number (if you know it)
                          - The date of your last call

A senior member of our customer care team will then get in touch right away. Please let me know if you need anything else at all.

Caroline

• R1
                          r1steve Apr 08, 2013

i have had £40 debited from my bank account at the halifax unauthorised, all it says is Global Personals on my bank statement i don, t no site name or anything i wish to have it refunded.

• Fr
                          Fritz sun Oct 26, 2012

Global Personals is making unauthorized deductions from my bank account . I made use of their services on one occasion and made a once off payment. How does one stop this and seeing all the complaints on the internet, how are they getting away with it?

Global Personals LtdNever used your site twice you have taken money from my account please cancel my accont and refund my money please, OMNIBUS MAN it may have to be

I am not very good on the internet this whole business has been a grave mistake my son who is 14 years old stole my credit card and not only joined your site but also joined a few others, I have been fortunate enough to have received money back in my account from two of the other sites. I would be grateful if you also could reimburse myself and if this ever happens again could you please take my phone number, to verify is it the card holder you are taking details . Thank you, you have taken a total of £179.90 PLEASE RESOLE THIS ASAP .

• Global Personals Oct 05, 2015

Hi Simon,

If you're based in the UK, you need to call our cancellation team on [protected] to cancel your account.

Online cancellation is currently available to our international customers and we're working on providing our UK customers with this option too. If you'd like to email us, you can get in touch on [email protected]

Hannah

• Si
                            simon wolverhampton Oct 05, 2015

Hi Hannah of Global Personals. what you state is untrue. You CANNOT cancel the account online. It just says call a number of complete a PDF form and post it off. Please provide me with a 100% working email contact that I can send details to. I wish to cancel and not be billed anymore with immediate effect. Thank You

• Global Personals Sep 28, 2015

Hi John,

You can cancel your account online at any time. by logging into the site, going to the 'My Account' section and selecting 'Cancel my account'.

To discuss any payments that are currently pending, please contact our customer care team on [email protected] or freephone [protected].

Hannah

• Ra
                            Ram Kumar Timalsina Sep 26, 2015

I havenot used but it is deducting money from my account it's not fair n its second time so I wanna to stop these things again

Comments

• Global Personals Mar 20, 2015

Hi John,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy.

If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement then please see www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain why you have been billed and what you should do if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. All our card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity.

We bill on a subscription basis, so I would recommend you speak to our customer services team via [email protected] or freephone [protected].

I hope this helps,

Caroline, Global Personals.

Global Personals Taking money from my credit card without authorization

My daughter visited the website once or twice in 2013. I discovered today that money are deducted from my credit card not only monthly but also any day of the month. On 6 Nov R145 was deducted and also agian on 29 Nov R245. I very much would like to know what for? Then again on 6 Dec r145 and 6 Jan r145 This must stop immediately and my money returned. I did sent them a message that this must stop and I also want to know what did I buy for R245 on teh 29 of Nov. Please advise me what to do.

• Global Personals Jan 12, 2015

Hi Hanna
                              Sorry to hear you are unhappy.
                              All of the dating sites powered by our platform operate on a repeat billing subscription basis, which you agree to when you make a payment for the dating site.
                              You can cancel your account online at any time. To cancel, please log into your account and go to the 'My Account' section and then click 'Cancel my account'.
                              If you have any problems, please contact me at [email protected] for assistance.

Caroline- Global Personals

Global Personals Unauthorised payments

SCAM SCAM SCAM GLOBAL PERSONALS: Do not have anything to do with any dating site as they give information to Global Personals who then take unauthorised payments out of bank accounts or credit cards. They are not interested in assisting with your enquiries. Why should they be when they make 46m pounds per annum defrauding the little man/woman out there and getting away with it. And the owners being businessmen of the year in England. How are the authorities around the world going to find time to investigate an English company. I have had over $500 taken from my bank account in two transactions without any authority or the company being able to tell me who I might have even been a member with. I cancelled the only dating membership I had over 6 months ago but they have got me again. The bank is now fighting this for me but they will not get anywhere. I have had to close all my accounts and open new ones even considering changing banks. Imagine the work I have to now to do contacting my legitimate accounts. SCAM SCAM SCAM GLOBAL PERSONALS

Global Personals LtdScam charges for Dating Site

This is straightforward. I cancelled my Subscription to this site (which did not fulfill its duties well anyway) whose billing is managed by Global Personals Ltd. This was on 17 August 2014, Now its 13 October 2014 (2 months later). Still I'm accruing credit card charges though I've cancelled. suggest readers do research on your dating sites (small print at bottom). If you site is affiliated with Global Personals then cancel the subscription in writing with a Copy to your Bank that sponsors your Credit or Debit Card. Then send a complaint letter to your member of parliament. In future I'll only go with reputable sites that I have researched well and have data on the owners. If all else fails go to your Bank and demand to cancel your credit/debit card & raise a stink with your Bank. Warren in Australia.

• Pa
                                  Paulus123 Oct 17, 2014

There is a dating agency in Vancouver BC who are also scam artists and they go by the name BC Matchmakers. They will tell you to your face that they offer a first class service to your specifications, but after you hand over your credit card that's where the smiley service ends. The first and only introduction they made for me which I'm too embarrassed to describe here, was a disaster, to save the woman in question's blushes I won't describe how ugly she was, or how old and unkempt she appeared on the one and only date. Suffice to say the company who promised so much, deliver so little, and use a lot of aggression afterwards to put you off complaining. Yes, I was conned in several ways, but they just keep themselves within the letter of the law so no real comeback, and surprisingly this Canadian province of BC. does next to nothing to provide any consumer rights. As a separate issue anyone thinking of coming to BC should be aware that the whole state is in the clutches of the corporates to the absolute detriment of consumers in general.

• Al
                                  alff Oct 17, 2014

if that is about, supracleanse 350[ european monetary coop fund ]. you sign up for a free trail [ what you never can do as they not send the product ] afther 14 days you not cancel they charge you about 133 $ a months.ok [younver cancel becose they do not answeare your cancelation and keep taken that amount fro your card.[ no tell my bank and not put more then 50$ pai of my card .ok but the bank let them overdraw my credit and fine me for it. so where is the internet security for fraud and scams to stop them.

Global Personals Ltd Gpl - Cc.comE Harmony

This company has taken $169.95 au out of my credit card.
                                I originally joined up to E harmony mature free and single for a month and before I could cancel they had taken $100.00 dollars plus out of my card. I decided to let this go but have no wish to continue with this very uncaring sight. They cannot even send me the right age group of gentlemen and I have had to deal with several scams as well.I cannot call and talk to anyone and would like this money returned to my account ASAP. Susan Brislane

Marceline Jul 28, 2014

off debit card transaction with Global personal about six months ago. This morning on checking my account I have found that Global transactions have taken £89.95 from my account without my authorisation. I regard this as theft and would like my money back. I have tried on several occasions to get in contact with Global Transactions but no one seems to answer their phones.
                                    Marceline.

• Le
                                    lester thurley Jul 28, 2014

I want to cancel my account with them my email address is [email protected] Please reply thanks