Global Personals Logo

Global Personals

Having problems with Global Personals?

Global Personals reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 18, 2008. The latest review about urgent letter was posted on May 30, 2018. The latest complaint not paid this was resolved on Jul 11, 2014. Global Personals has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. Global Personals has resolved 17 complaints.

Global Personals Customer Service Contacts

Minton Place, Victoria Street
Windsor
United Kingdom - SL41EG

Global Personals Complaints & Reviews

Global Personals Stop charging my account....

Would you please stop charging my account? Or at least let me know the company that the charges are coming from...

• Rg
      Rggood Jul 12, 2014

I just wish to close account as I am too old to worry any more about finding a partner

Ron ellis

mahmut cengiz Mar 25, 2013

hello dear my nick name ozi my ID number [protected] please i want to cancel my accaunt next month dont take a money my bank accaunt please thanks

Global Personals Support Sep 07, 2012

All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website.

Global Personals non refund of unauthorised £125 from account

my grandmother was viewing a supposedly free dating site and was shocked to learn that global personals had deducted £125 from her account. She then had the misfortune of becoming ill and was admitted to hospital. Upon her telling me what had happened, she asked if i could contact them to request a refund as she was worried she would not be able to cover her bills being on a pension, adding to the huge amount of stress she was already under. I spoke with a lady at global, who at first denied all knowledge of the money being charged, was explained the situation and referred me to her colleague. The second lady then assured me that under the circumstances i need not worry as she had refunded the total amount and said that the money would go back into my grandmothers account instantly. A week later and still no refund! STAY AWAY FROM GLOBAL PERSONALS AND ALL THEIR ASSOCIATES - SCAMMERS!! - Emma

Global Personals Support Jan 23, 2013

Huskies56: If you have been the victim of card fraud we suggest you immediately contact your bank who with our help will investigate the transaction. When a card fraud like this happens we are as much a victim as you are so we will assist with any prosecution that is brought. Information on how to identify our transactions, what they are for and how to deal with card fraud can be found here: www.gpl-cc.com. [email protected]

• Hu
        Huskies56 Oct 31, 2012

I had NEVER EVER heard of Global Personals until I saw a payment to them taken by a debit card from my account which at the time the payment was taken was locked away in my safe !!! I was outraged and want to know how the hell this company have mnanaged to debit a card when I have never transacted with them in my life. I use my card very rarely as I am on a very low income. I looked up this company on the internet and was horrified to see that it is a dating site, Clearly I have been skimmed or whatever the modern day terminology is but how can that happen when the card was locked away and not used for ages and ages anywhere ?? My bank have been very helpful about this but that is NOT the point. I would love to get hold of the alleged "Dater" who has stolen my card details and they would be listening to a few very non lovey dovey words from me to say the least !!

Global Personals Support Sep 07, 2012

To Emma (emh85): In order to subscribe and for us to deduct any payments from your grandmother's card she would have had to select the upgrade option and then enter all her credit or debit card details and possibly her 3DSecure bank authorisation details before her bank would allows us to draw funds. Any refunds we authorise would take between 3 to 5 working days to arrive depending on your bank, so 'a week later' may not have been enough time.

To 'Unauthorisedrefunds': This practice would be impossible for us to do because the card handling authorities would not allow us the means to do so, however you may have been the victim of genuine card fraud. We cannot report that to the issuing bank only the card holder can. By telling you to report this to the bank we are not only following the correct banking instructions on your behalf, but we are also following the correct banking instructions for avoiding you being accused of money laundering. Once reported to the bank they will investigate how the fraud has occurred, prevent your card from being re-used in this way and if upheld would refund the payments. We fully co-operate with the banks in identifying card fraud as it ultimately hurts us too. I'm sorry that you have expressed your opinion this way but obviously no company could get banking or credit card handling facilities if this was really the way they operated.

• Un
        Unauthorisedfunds Mar 12, 2012

I was charged by Global Personals Ltd. Two separate amounts, within a few days of each other.
        I have never joined a dating site. I do not subscribe to any of their publications. When I noticed the charges, I contacted them and they said that my details do not match what they have linked to may card. I asked them to refund, they refused and said for me to make my bank do a chargeback. So what did they do after I complained about the first two debits?
        They then charged four new random amounts.
        This is because they then knew that the random account number that they had phished was active.

This is fraud perpetrated by Global Personals as they are the only unauthorised transactions I have ever had on my credit card. No other transactions have been made, so that then proves that the one organisation responsible for fraudulent activity on my card is the debiting organisation, Global Personals.

From this, is would seem the case that Global Personals has a policy of skimming random credit card numbers hoping that people do not notice the billing, get their bank to do a random refund so that Global Personals gets to keep the cash, or that customers just let them keep it as they are not sure if they subscribed to one of their sites or not.

Global Personals have proven themselves to be credit scammers, and operate by illegally and fraudulently phishing credit card accounts.

Global Personals — Cancellation of Subscription

After cancelling a subscription I was stunned to have £29.95 taken from my Paypal account for...

Global Personals LtdCARD BILLING FROM MY CREDIT CARD

I HAVE BEEN BILLED OFF MY CREDIT CARD FOR AMOUNT R 425.00 IN SOUTH AFRICAN RANDS - ON 6/08/2011
      AND ON DATES 22/08/2011 - FOR TWO AMOUNTS R415.00 & R115.00
      PLEASE INVESTIGATE

HABIB shaikh Mar 11, 2016

please don't cheat by debiting my account .
          i am not interested in your scam .i will cancel with card division .
          habib

HABIB shaikh Mar 11, 2016

Sir

I have notice d every month an amount is going from my card, and I am informing you that it MUST BE CANCELLED WITH IMMIDIATE EFFECT and also I will be going to my bank to cancel all future transaction . In future anything going I will be forced to contact my legal advise . GPL- CC.COM GB R115.00

Habib Shaikhnag

From: ComplaintsBoard.com [mailto:[email protected]]
          Sent: 08 April 2015 01:20 AM
          To: [email protected]; [email protected]
          Subject: New comment posted on "Global Personals Ltd"

Hi bhaishab,

A new comment has been added to Global Personals Ltd - CARD BILLING FROM MY CREDIT CARD

Sincerely,
          ComplaintsBoard.com Team

HABIB shaikh Jul 13, 2015

I am once again informing that money of R115.00 is going out of my account, if you dont stop this stealing i will be forced to take up this matter further .

Andrea Rangitaawa Apr 07, 2015

I am not a member of your company nor have I heard of you before. I have had large amounts of money removed for my account without my consent and I wish to have the funds returned ASAP. Please stop stealing from people like me.

• Bh
          bhaishab Jan 25, 2015

SIR/MADAM
          Every month I have debited on my credit card for an amount of R115.00 .Please I want a stop done to this as I have not given any permission to be debited, also I will be informing my bank to make a complete stop to this stealing which is going on .
          If this don't come to an stop I will inform the police .

• Un
          Unauthorisedfunds Mar 12, 2012

They then charged four new random amounts.

Global Personals Ltdcredit deductions

global personals ltd is busy deducting my money from my credit card and i did unsubscribe from their online dating

• Lo
            Louis Fourie May 21, 2015

Same story here. I never sign up for anything. R285 is deducted every 3 months.
            Why 3 monthly? so that I may not notice?

• Br
            Braam van den Heever Dec 19, 2014

I haven't been a member for over 6 months and now you ###ers deducted money from my account, I am unemployed have a girlfriend and not interested in this ###, you haven't taken any money for over six months and now you just take, refund the R145 back into my account and I will go to the Internet and warn people about your scam, I will contacted Carte Blance and tell them about the scam and how many people get scared by your site, if my money is not back by this afternoon I will go public on this matter

Global Personals Support Sep 05, 2012

When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it including the correct cancellation process. It also has copies of Terms and Conditions for you to read.

Global Personals — Taking money

Dating website supposed to take a months money of £19 and then takes 3 months money £79.95...

Global Personals Ltd Windsor — credit card charges

a charge of R285 was charged by GLOBAL PERSONALS LTD WINDSOR to my credit card, I want to know for what...

Global Personals LtdUnuathorised charges

I recently inspected my credit card statements and have noted that Global Personals Ltd have been deducting money from my credit card from as far back as last year. I have no idea as to why they have charged my account as I do not belong to any dating/chat service. I consider this to be fraudulent in nature and practice.

• St
              Steph5 Jun 27, 2012

How to get your money back from Global Personals / White Label Dating

Who to contact first

You can't usually report a trader directly to Trading Standards. This is because not all local offices offer a public service. However, Trading Standards has an agreement with Citizens Advice to help you report the problem. You can contact either:

the Citizens Advice consumer service, or
              your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Experienced advisers will assess your problem and work out whether to pass it on to Trading Standards. However, they won’t be able to make a decision about whether Trading Standards will take on your case.

If the problem is passed on it is called a referral. When Trading Standards have received the referral, they decide whether they are able to help you and may contact you directly.

Some local Trading Standards offices do offer a drop-in service for the public. You can check whether there is one in your area by contacting your local authority or the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.
              What information do you need to report a problem

Before you contact Citizens Advice, gather as much information as you can to support your problem. This will help the adviser decide if your problem can be passed on to Trading Standards.

Try to give details of:

what the problem is
              what you know about the trader
              paperwork, including bills, invoices, quotes and estimates or contracts
              notes of any conversations you've already had with the trader, including dates
              witnesses who can confirm what you're saying
              photos or video evidence of the problem.

What happens if Trading Standards take on your problem?

If Trading Standards take on your case, it’s important to know what may happen next.

The information you give Trading Standards may be passed on to other bodies with the power to take action against the trader. For example:

the Office of Fair Trading
              the police
              the courts service.

If there is a prosecution, you may be asked to give evidence against the trader in court.

However, not all cases end up in court. Trading Standards doesn’t have to prosecute a trader even when it's clear that a criminal offence has been committed and the trader is likely to be convicted. They can choose to take no action or to give the trader a warning.

If a trader is found guilty, the court has the power to award compensation of up to £5, 000 in cases where money has been lost. However, even if a trader is successfully prosecuted, you may not get your money back as the court doesn’t have to do this, particularly if the trader can’t afford to pay.

If you are awarded compensation, it can’t be any more than the value of the goods or services that you’ve lost. You usually can’t claim for distress or additional losses that are hard to put a value on.
              What to do if Trading Standards can’t help you

Sometimes Trading Standards won't be able to help you personally and you may have to take other action to solve your problem. You could:

complain directly to the trader
              contact a trade association if the trader is a member
              use alternative dispute resolution, for example the Ombudsman
              take the trader to court.

Your Citizens Advice adviser will be able to tell you what else you can do to solve your problem.

Even if they don’t take your case on, Trading Standards may still collect evidence about the trader and may decide to take action at a later date.
              Next steps

To report a problem to Trading Standards, you can:

call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline
              visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau. To find details of your nearest CAB, see nearest CAB.

Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Trading Standards

mafben May 04, 2012

The same think has just happened to me. Does anyone know how i can recover my money?

Nothapppy Mar 02, 2012

Same thing happened to me in Australia. I've never signed up to any of their sites. And been charged $39 + $89 the same day.. I've contacted my bank to notify them of this fraud. Funny thing is I envy how much they're making from this scam. I think they gather credit card information, or even have a credit card generator and they use the random card generator to bill you. If you happen to be one of the unlucky one your credit card will be hit with this charge.. They make all these dating sites to give them an excuse for their purposes of fraud.. And to collect more credit card informations. Also they setup a call center to hide behind the fact that they're doing massive fraud.

• Bi
              bigmav Sep 16, 2011

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED, SURELY THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW

mark todd Jun 16, 2011

I recently inspected my credit card statements and have noted that Global Personals Ltd have been deducting money from my credit card. Global Personals LTD have charged my account as of £19.99. I do not belong to any dating/chat service. I consider this to be fraudulent in nature and practice. ([email protected])

Global Personals false charge

i have just looked on my bank and have noticed that a fee of 49.95 has been taken from my account and i have absolutly no idea what it is for. the bills reference has global prferences and a phone number [protected] i wish to know what this is for and i want it to be cancelled and refunded imeadiatly. i will be informing my bank and i will be investigating this if it is found to be fraugulant i will inform the police to investigate against your company.

• Ki
                kitty1402 May 10, 2014

I have just had £19.95 taken from my account for the real radio dating site which I have been unable to log into for over a fortnight, this is totally unacceptable and I want a refund

Global Personals Ltd — Unhappy with website service

My friend has subscribed to a website and is not satisfied that the website is genuine. He has received a...

Global Personals — close my account

I think i just opened up an acount by mistake when i was trying to close one i made up a few months ago. so...

Global Personals Ltd — Fraudulent Charges

I had seven fraudulent transactions that appeared on my Bank of America account. There were several...

Global Personals Service Center — False charges

I have been charged usd $39.95 on the 29-02-08 for what? I dont even know who you are. Their code i...

Gold Coast