Global Personals Logo

Global Personals

Having problems with Global Personals?

Global Personals reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 18, 2008. The latest review about urgent letter was posted on May 30, 2018. The latest complaint not paid this was resolved on Jul 11, 2014. Global Personals has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. Global Personals has resolved 17 complaints.

Global Personals Customer Service Contacts

Minton Place, Victoria Street
Windsor
United Kingdom - SL41EG

Global Personals Complaints & Reviews

Global Personals not paid this

Hi ive notice 59.95 has come out of my Ay pal account and ive not signed up for anything Like this so can you tel me what it is and How I can get it taken off before I contact pay pal fraudDept Please let me know asap My account address is hayley.[protected]@tesco.net PleaseSort thIs asap Thank you xHayley jOnes

Global Personals Aud Internet GbrUnauthorised withdrawal of money

I was horrified when I noticed that the sum $ 129 had been
    withdrawn from my account. I do not and have not belonged to a dating website
    for the last six months and at that time cancelled all memberships. I have no
    idea who is and on whose or what authority they withdrew funds
    from my account. JUST PURE STEALING!
    I am expecting a full apology and return of monies withdrawn.
    This unlawful transaction should not be allowed and an investigation should be undertaken by the relevant authorities.
    I am asking that you cancel my account IMMIDIATELLY (IF I have one), as I don't remember joining.
    in the first place and have never used any of your services Thank you

JOAN12 Jul 08, 2014

Why are you taking money from my account never heard of you this counts as fraud try again the police will have to be involved leave me alone

• Ju
        junaid001 Jun 03, 2014

global personals are debting my account every month with me not being subscsubscribed to them
        how do I stopit

Global Personals AudUnauthorized charges, fault charges

I registered on the website of the company Global Personals Aud, but I never provided my card number to these scammers. They started to charge me and I deleted my account from this website. I hoped that they would stop charge me, but they continued. Horrible people. I wonder if there are people, who had the same thing. Maybe you can advise me how to stop these withdrawals. Please post your ideas and comments. Thanks.

• Pe
          Peter Hearn Jun 11, 2014

I am being charged on going monthly charges of $69.95 for the last 7 months for something i am not using or know nothing about.
          I just realized and need it to stop and want a full refund
          Can you help me please?

Global Personals GUnauthorized payments from my account

On checking my current bank account i became aware of two unauthorised card payments by Global Personals G for 89.95 on 20/01/2014 and 79.95 on 23/01/2014 for a service which I have given no consent for. how do I prevent this from happening and how do I get my money back.

Global Personals Eu Internet Gbunauthorized deduction

Hi
          Iam hoping you can help, I've just gone to check my credit card. I have been deducted £79.95 from a "Globals personals Eur Internet GB" it was apparently taken from my card.
          My statement displays the following:

26/08/2013 79.95 GLOBAL PERSONALS EUR INTERNET GB
          Apparently It was deducted ion 28/08/2012 also
          Please can you help as I really need my funds back.

David McGuinness
          [protected]@hotmail.com
          [protected]

Global Personals Unfair cancellation/refund terms

Background/context:

On Monday, 12 July 2013, I signed up to an online dating agency “Senior Dating Agency.co.za”, officially registered as Global Personals. Although based in the UK, they have a local service offering called “Senior Dating Agency.co.za”, and they are posing as a ‘free sign-up’ service.

On signing up for their ‘free service’, I discovered that it was impossible to evaluate the service properly for their 'free service', as access to member profiles, messaging and other basic services were denied. After numerous prompts to 'upgrade', I innocently did so, going for their 'cheapest' option of R86/month for 6 months. To my surprise, they deducted the full amount for the 6 months in one go which they did not warn me about. After 24 hours of experimenting with the site, I realised my mistake. There was poor profile matching with other members, endless spamming by system-generated messages, hordes of annoying 'winking' alerts, and a host of unsuitable potential suitors who did not conform to the criteria I had specified. It was impossible to determine any of this without signing up to the full membership, so I feel tricked into taking out the membership.

I only scanned the terms and conditions very briefly and did not read them properly, so I didn’t realise I had signed up to a completely non-refundable contract, even after experimenting with the site for only 24 hours.

On attempting to back out of my membership, I was unable to delete my profile and was told repeatedly by their local customer support team that I had forfeited my monies for the full 6 months and no refund was due. I wonder how many other unsuspecting individuals have been the victim of this unconscionable behaviour?

To me this runs foul of both the CPA & Electronic Communications & Transactions (ECT) Act of 2002, governing online transactions, where the consumer has a fair right to a ‘cooling off’ period of 7 days.

I don’t believe the terms are fair and don’t believe they should be enforceable.

What’s worse, they have posted a bogus ‘customer charter’, inviting customers to send feedback where they feel they have been unfairly treated. I sent an email to them on Tuesday, 9 July after unsuccessfully trying to reason with their local customer support team. To date, not a soul has even acknowledged my email to them. The email addresses they invited me to use were:

[protected]@globalpersonals.co.uk and [protected]@globalpersonals.co.uk

This is the cancellation policy they have advertised on their site, which is bogus and a mockery of the reality:
            "Cancellation
            You reserve the right to cancel your subscription and remove your details from our database at anytime.
            We will continue to offer a fair refund policy, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
            Our refund policies and procedures are fully compliant with all the relevant trading regulations".

What recourse do I have? I believe they are ‘waiting out’ the 7-day cooling off period to invalidate my claim…

Kind regards
            Jennifer

• Iv
                ivor king May 23, 2014

I to joined Senior Dating Agency, Global Personals. I cancelled my subscription with them ending on 11 May 14. Checking my Bank statement today they have taken two other unauthorised Payments.
                I have contacted my bank and they are informing the Fraud Squads. I have also had to cancell all my Debit Cards, so they cannot take any further Funds. Also the bank will be contacting them to get my Money Refunded.

Global Personals Money from my account

Hi
              Iam hoping you can help, I've just gone to pay my rent, it was informed I did not hold enough funds in my account. I have been deducted £79.95 from a "Globals personals GB" it was apparently taken from my card.
              My statement displays the following:

-£79.95
              Card Purchase
              REF 178 [protected] BCC

I do not belong to any dating website. Please can you help as I really need my funds back.
              Regards Antonia Gough
              Email : [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Money from my account

• Al
                  alqurashi Jan 06, 2014

please help us too were having the same problem this company has been taking 29.95GBP + 2.99 GBP every month for a year now its running out my account please help us with this.
                  you can contact me on [email protected]

Global Personals Unauthorized Charges

This morning I just happened to check my bank accounts and found that I had been charged $124 from Global Personals sometime this same morning. There are a multitude of problems with this.
                First, I've been in a committed relationship for 6 years, so I find it hard to believe that I could accidentally signed up for or agreed to some kind of service or product from this company or any of it's affiliates.
                Second, I am the only authorized user for the card charged, AND haven't been using it for weeks. So how there is a charge to it AT ALL this morning is beyond me. I should also add I haven't signed up for, bought, or paid for anything online for months.
                I tried calling Global Personals' US office, in New York to try and figure out what had happened, and it's closed. At 2pm. On a Tuesday. This strikes me as rather odd, especially since the voice-mail message did not say when the office would be open.

I have already read the automated responses to these types of complaints from Global Personals. I have checked the website www.gpl-cc.com, which is what is linked in these responses, and not only does it not explain at all why I've been charged. Instead it ...well I think the term that best applies is, threatens, that "any false claims of card misuse... can lead to a fine and/or a criminal record and will effect your credit rating"

So, I'd really like to hear a different response from Global Personals on this issue of unauthorized deductions. Specifically how they got my debit card information in the first place. It really calls into question not only the effectiveness of any of their bank screening services, but the legitimacy of the entire corporation.

I also found an article from the Channel 4 News (BBC) who discuss how Global Personals actively attempts to "trick customers into handing over more money"

no_wool_over_eyes Mar 19, 2013

Common sense -
                    Common sense would dictate that I had already done so before posting this complaint. This is, in fact, the case.to presume is your doom.

• Pa
                    pamelasue Feb 26, 2012

I never signed up with this site, havent heard of them. They have been taking 19.95 out of my account for 10 months. Im living on disabilty and cant afford it!

Global Personalsgbp Internet Gbr — TAKING MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR WHATEVER REASON.CAN"T SEEM TO CONTACT THEM.VERY VAGUE ADDRESS. SO HOW CAN I...

Global Personalsgbp. Internetcontinued to take payments after unsubscribed

I unsubscribed to a friendship agency at least 12 months ago, could be almost 2yrs and have just realised I was continueing to pay £14.95 monthly subscriptions. As far as I was aware I unsubscribed to the agency, I ticked the box I thought would cancel my membership but apparently all I did was unsubscribe to the news letter. For the benefit of others you have to ring Global Personals, and it took me ages to find the phone number as Santandar Cards who took the payment couldnt provide it. The telephone number is [protected]. They said they would refund me my latest payment!!! Just glad I have stopped it but very annoyed that I could have payed in the region of £300 for nothing. Sadly I haven't got the details of when I thought I unsubscribed. Really just want to make others aware of this sort of thing.

• Ka
                      kangaroochap Sep 06, 2013

I also thought I had unsubscribed before my renewal date. I spoke to Global Personal and they advised in their Terms and Conditions it states you need to ring the company to make a full cancellation. This process is not made easy as the contact number was hard to find. Thank you to this website and this complaint, that I've managed to cancel completely on all of their sites, but they still took my money.

Mature Dating / Global PersonalsUnauthorised money taken

Although I cancelled my subscription to Mature Dating website five or six months ago, Imhave just discovered that they have continued to take £29.99 per month from my credit card account and I cannot find how to stop this.

• Fo
                        foxyboy13 Dec 13, 2013

ALISON...sorry to hear that you are having the same problem that i experienced.Mine was only one month of fraudulant withdrawal by this unethical company.
                        However, i have received an email granting me the return of the missing funds from my account.This was after their denial that i had cancelled, plus several emails from me complaining about their underhanded techniques.
                        I suggest that you go onto the site, look at the bottom of your profile page...you will see...'contact us'...click on this and it will bring up a page on which you can message them...then ask for an immediate cancellation.they will send you an initial message to your email inbox...then later they will respond to your request.
                        Unfortunately, i dont think you will get your payments back...unless you have some proof of your inital cancellation...but they will cancel any further demands on your bank, after your current month expires...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

• Fo
                        foxyboy13 Dec 12, 2013

AVOID giving this dating site your bankcard details.Even when cancelling a membership...they will take more money from your account...THEY ARE AN UNETHICAL SITE...PLAINLY THIEVES...BE WARNED...DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM

Global Personals LtdDeducting money from my credit card

Global Personals have being deducting money from my account R425 and whatever else. The first time it happened was in Feb. I was in hospital with a big Lung operation so I had no clue what was going on. The amounts that has being deducted must be reversed within immediate affect.I have no idee who or what yuo are, but this is a scam.
                      LM Millar

• Dw
                          D.Wilton Oct 12, 2014

Dear Sirs,
                          I happened to look at my PayPal account as I was expecting a payment from my very good Friend, and to my amazement I noticed an unauthorized Payment had been taken out of my account, well I was devastated, to know Global Personals had taken money out of my Bank account, Via PayPal my account and security had been compromised, I'm a 74year old pensioner. And am living very close to the breadline now so any kind of unauthorized payment is absolutely not needed why and how did this happen to me My name is David Wilton, of 5, Mill Pleck, Studley, Warwickshire, Postal code, B80 7QS. I really need you to. Repay this to my account, the sum is £25 taken 10/10/2014 I will be most grateful for your cooperation in this matter, I'm so worried that my a/c was compromised. Yours Sincerely D.Wilton.

• Co
                          CORRIE TAYLOR Apr 16, 2013

very disgruntled, i have stopped this subscription a long time ago and they still deducgting money from my card. please sort it out as i do not wish this site. please reverse what you are taking its not right to make money from people that dont want this site my email address is [email protected]

• Fr
                          Franz Weiss69 Mar 14, 2013

I joined a site and clearly had to pay a once off subscription i gave my mothers credt card number and they are still deducting 6months later.PLEASE SORT THIS OUT, my email [email protected]

• Dh
                          dhlamini Jan 26, 2013

please cancel my membership since I could not find the instructions on the web given .

• Dh
                          dhlamini Sep 03, 2012

yes global personals are also deducting R145-00 from mine also we agreed on one month .Why this month they deduct I need to be refunded immediately and to reverse this transaction and cancel me on their database.

Global Personals Money

My Name is Bobby Mirga your Firma charge me evry Month 24.95 pound and i dont know why?
                        my visa debit card numbers 4921 and the last four 1314

Pleas contact me soon as possible

Money

• Pa
                            patricia abel Feb 01, 2013

you are charging my account 19.95.permonth it appears to be a repeat billing instruction .please cancell for me

Global Personals Cancelling /Never used your company

Global Personals Support Sep 05, 2012

All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website. Australian members may cancel using the online service on the web page, we have already responded to Mr Mirga with instructions on how to cancel.

• Bo
                              Bobby Mirga Aug 20, 2012

yes i have the same Problem like Morphett Vale, I would like to know how to cancel what ever it is that you people are taking money out of my bank account for a service i have never used. I am asking that you cancel my account if I have one as I don't remeber joining your company in the first place and have never used any of your service and am not in the position to keep paying for something I don't use or need. thank you

Comments

Global Personals Ltd WindsorDiscovered a payment on my credit card for something I never ordered or new about

Discovered a payment on my credit card for something I never ordered or new about. Have tried ringing only to discover the listed phone number is disconnected. Am still waiting for a response to emails.

Global Personals Support Sep 05, 2012

All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. Our telephone number has not be discontinued and is published on the website. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website. To unsubscribe simply means that you will no longer receive emails from us, to terminate your membership, South African members may go to the cancellation page on their sites and follow the simple instructions.

• We
                                Wendy Verhagen Aug 23, 2012

I have unsubscribed from the site and they Global Personals are still deducting off my credit card PLEASE CANCEL ALL subscriptions. Wendy J Verhagen South AFrica Durban

Global Personals Ltd WindsorWhy is this Company still allowed to continue?

Like many on this site, I recently been making a few purchases on a few different websites and as a result my credit card details were stolen from one of the websites I purchased from. As a result I had 9 purchases made on my credit card to the personals site called: Global Personals LTD Windsor and another site Muslin dating site called Sallaamhearts.com. This website is for posting a complaint. The people that took your money and mine will not answer you or see your post and give you your money back as they took it out of our accounts in the first place! To answer all your questions, there is this simple answer to get your money back: One: Cancel your card immediately so no more debits are made. Two: Go to your Bank and report unauthorized transactions on your account which then your Bank will investigate it for you and contact the people involved and if found that indeed you didn't authorize the transactions, you will get all your money back. You must keep any communications between you and those people for proof, if you don't have any, it doesn't matter, you will still get your money back, usually in about 4 weeks or more because they need time to investigate. My Bank was great to warn me and also got my money back! Hope this helps!

mariska potgieter Jun 10, 2014

My credit car was used without my permission and did not give them authorisation to use it I need my money back

Global Personals Support Sep 07, 2012

It would be improper of us to respond to your personal request via a third party website, and you do not indicate when you submitted your request as our company policy is to respond within 48 hours. Please email [email protected] where the details of your membership can be supplied to you and we will be happy to deal with directly.

• Fr
                                  Frank Edward Mitchell Sep 07, 2012

I have tried cancelling via your customer complaints, but have had nothing back from them yet.What must i do to satisfactory cancel something i know nothing about??Please mail me all the details and also how, when and where i subscribed to this site.I would like to take this up with legal council. Frank [email protected]

[email protected]

Global Personals / White Label Dating — How to get your money back from Global Personals / White Label Dating

How to get your money back from Global Personals / White Label Dating Who to contact first You can't...

Windsor

Global Personals — Taking money without consent

These ### were taking money out of my account after I had asked them to cancel the account. After being...

Global Personals Ltd GbTaking money

If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www. Gpl - cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our terms and conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website.
                                [protected]@globalpersonals. Co. Uk

Global Personals Monthly payment

Regular payments of £9. 99 taken from my account i have emailed them but they continue to take the money i want a refund
                                  23 jan 2012 pos 8832 20jan12, global personals, [protected] gb - 9. 99
                                  21 nov 2011 pos 8832 18nov11, global personals, [protected] gb - 9. 99
                                  20 oct 2011 pos 8832 18oct11, global personals, [protected] gb - 9. 99
                                  These payments are unjustified i have tried to cancel them

• Global Personals Feb 06, 2015

Dear Manuel,

We are an online dating services company based in Windsor, UK.

If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement then please see www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. All our card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity.

If you would like to speak to our customer services team please contact [email protected] or freephone [protected].

I hope this helps,

Caroline, Global Personals.

MANUEL CORREIA Feb 06, 2015

I never subscribe to any of their services, and they deducted money from my bank account every month

• Da
                                      Dawn Jacobson Oct 13, 2014

On 2 occasions the sum of $219.95 taken illegally from my account. The first time on the 11th April 2014 and the second the 9th October 2014

• St
                                      stan keiller Oct 01, 2014

i have changed my card this money is still being removed, cannot get in touch at melbourne address or phone, 2 payments unautherised.

• Ad
                                      Adam Cartwright May 01, 2014

I have received 3 monthly unauthorised deductions from my mastercard. I would like you to investigate this theft and return stolen money. I can be contacted on Australian mobile [protected].