Glamour Shots Licensing Logo

Glamour Shots Licensing

Having problems with Glamour Shots Licensing?

+1 800 336 4550 (Customer Service)
+1 888 452 6687 (Customer Service)
+1 512 719 4911 (Austin, Texas)
+1 908 722 3400 (Bridgewater, New Jersey)
+1 214 363 7775 (Dallas, Texas)
+1 410 461 8319 (Ellicott City, Maryland)
+1 915 594 7594 (El Paso, Texas)
+1 703 934 0127 (Fairfax, Virginia)
+1 732 409 4700 (Freehold, New Jersey)
+1 502 499 9949 (Louisville, Kentucky)
+1 405 848 9933 (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
+1 973 659 1431 (Rockaway, New Jersey)
+1 404 600 2469 (Sandy Springs, Georgia)
+1 718 983 7030 (Staten Island, New York)
1300 Metropolitan Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Complaints & Reviews

Scam You for Your Money

I have always wanted to take some Glamour Shot photos of myself, to give as gifts to family members, and for...

Rip off and liars

I recently visited the glamour shots at Arizona Mills in Tempe Arizona.

the experience was ok in the store, it was after the session that the fun started. The makeup was ok nothing really that stood out and I agree with another poster that the makeupis caked on.

Since I dont live in Arizona I asked for my free portrait to be mailed to me. they called me in a week that my portrait was ready and that there was a re-order special for all my photos on a CD. I ordered this and was promised the photos would be re-touced and mailed to me in 2 days. this became a week and I called atleast 7 times, the manager refused to speak with me. I finally called Glamour shots customer service and was given the # of the owner. she finally got my CD and photo mailed to me but the CD is not touched as promised.

Save your money, this store is a complete rip off in prices during the session, they then call after 2 weeks to offer a discount. getting the photos is a pain and customer service is non-existent. They probably hire people with the lowest IQa and a shady background.

Santagonebad Dec 03, 2010

I work for GS. We do rip people off. We tell everyone our Glamour touch ("Adobe Photoshop retouching") is sent to a lab, but we do it in the store when your not looking. We retouch quick to save money. You will be able to tell a bad touch up job if the detail under your eyeballs is gone. That detail under eyeball is natural and tell the person has an eyeball. The employs are paid an hourly low wage or commission which ever is higher. This might explain the high pressure sales. We have a three day special for seven dollars at most stores that has been up for a year, but if you ask when it started we will lie and tell you it started today. If you call up GlamourShots they will tell you there hair and makeup is 19.95 or 29.95 but if you walk to the store you will see the (Seven dollar) sign for high and makeup. They will do there best not to let you know about this special. One more thing about the seven dolor sign, we say hair and makeup with the photo session is normally 30 to 40 dollars and you can get all that for seven but that is a lie. GS does not charge for a photo-session. Our photographs come from a low megapixel camera that is blown up beyond its compatibility which softens the image and looses sharpness. The wall displays are photos glued to foam board framed with a out glass. That means it will eventually peal with the dust/sun destroying your photograph, so think about that when you pay 1200 for your 30x40 or 460 for your 20x24, quality is not what you are paying for. GS has a application they try to make you fill out so you will be ready to spend 1000 dollars on photos, the only thing we don't mention is that when we check if your qualified for the credit card and you are rejected it WILL hurt your credit score. Finally, but not least what I find as the biggest scam to GlamourShots is there wall of fame telemarketing or specials after you pay. You were told the best deals for you photographs are made at the day of your session, but if you wait two weeks or more you can get all your images on CD for 500 or less or a better deal to pull more money from you. You will not receive a wall of fame call unless you purchased around 1000 package or more. SO in other words your best deals is after the session. Just come in with your free 8x10 that they always offer on the web site and they will hold the rest of the images for you. Better yet if you want good photographs go to a photograph who has skill. GS hires random people who are will to work for low pay. Do you expect people at McDonald to give you top of the line big mack, No! Don't expect that from GS employees. You probably get more for your money if you gave tips. That is my advice and info from within.

• Di
    Diane Brisbon Mar 14, 2014

In October 2013, I had photos taken at a location in Deptford NJ. I selected Glamour Shots because I brought into the deceptive advertisement from Groupon for 70%. After taking the photos, the employee closing the dea, l informed me the discount was for the makeup and hair session ( I did my own hair). Expecting to spend $200 the most, my bill was almost $500.00. And was told, I had to make a decision before I left the store (now a scam is quite recognizable). I must mention some of the backdrops were either inappropriate for my outfit or just dingy and worn. Trying hard to recover from sticker shock, I requested the manager contact me. When I spoke with the young manager about a week later, she made an attempt to appease the situation by eliminating certain items from the package that would reduce the cost by about $100. The photo shop process, or touch ups of the originals were unsatisfactory and sent back a second time. Since then, I've returned to the store 3 times and each time, no one seems to know about the pictures.It is now March 2014 and I received my 6th billing statement. I contacted the creditor, who states I have to take my complaint directly to Glamour Shots. No response from customer service. DiBris

MADNana Apr 28, 2014

Same here in FL. These people need to be stopped.

Rip off

I had my pictures taken about a month ago at the Glamout Shots studio at the Parks Mall in Arlington, Texas. My mother, who is now deceased, had her picture taken at Glamourshots about 10-15 years ago and gave it to me as a gift, which I cherish to this day. They did her hair professionally, her make up and did a beautiful job. Considering her age, they had her wear a hat as well and it helped hide some of the flaws on the face that come with age. My experience was not the same.

The person who did my make-up and hair was the manager. He did a terrible job and hair and they were not busy - I was the only one there.

When you cake on make-up and tons of powder on a middle aged woman then she smiles, guess what, wrinkles really show up when you smile. The make up was just thrown on rediculously with no art to it at all and my hair was supposedly "done" with a curling iron stuck in it twice. I have short hair, but even I have to use the curling iron in it all over, not just in two places! I was really looking forward to the event of having my make up done professionally and a hairdo done professionally. Instead I had a flat head of straight hair and my make up looked rediculous, but I thought they knew what they were doing and it would maybe show up different in photos. I was wrong.

Now I realize why they do your make-up that way, so you HAVE to get the extra cost of the next step up with the enhancement finish for them to look halfway decent. I had cakes of make up in the wrinkles under my eyes which really showed up in the photos. My eyelashes didn't even show up and they are long and thick but since he didn't even bother using an eyelash curler you couldn't even see them. My make up

looked terrible!

Then when you sit down to review your photos and make selections, you're sitting several feet back while they're on a computer screen and you cannot really see or get a glimpse of what your pictures will really look like until you get them. Then you have to make this decision from what you see on the tiny copy screen and pay for them. They have no refund policy. When I went to pick them up only after I called three times after their due date, I just had to accept the crappy photos anyway or have nothing for the money I paid. I can see now why you have payment

up front because if it was when you picked up the pictures, they never would be refunding all the time since everyone realizes how crappy they are!

Summarizing I am not pleased at all with the make up, the hap hazard way my hair was supposedly done and the end results. I believe i was ripped off big time and will never go there again. They only get my money once. Don't you make the same mistake.

• Tr
    Trickypixelphotography Mar 30, 2011

Hi my name is Karla Cothren and I own a self premoted photography business in Hot Springs Arkansas. I do Glamourshots as well though I am in no affiliation with that company. I usderstand totally what you all are complaining about when you talk about the caking on of make up and the crappy hair styles. Tricky Pixel Photography which you will find on facebook is my company and I have made it a my goal to show the world that you don't have to wear all that make up and do all those things to have a glamorous shot. I never cake make up on my clients and I let them do there own hair unless they need help. I started my business with the understanding that woman want to feel beautiful the way they are and show that through amazing posses and good light. Now I know what you may be thinking here is another photographer that wants to just put her name out there. Well that is true but, I encorouge anyone to look at my work and ask the people I have shot with then take that info and compare it to glamour shots. Best of all I am not some snooty photographer with a cold room and foney photos. believe it or not I use a point and shoot and I go on location where the light is the most natural. I let the models have fun with interesting posses and be there own creation. This is the true way to capture the true beauty of a woman and it works. My clients every single one will tell you they love shooting with me and when a model loves shooting with there photographer they will love there shots too. Thanks Karla you can email me about nearby shoots at [email protected]

• Jr
    Jrj Apr 07, 2011

The Altomonte springs glamour shots store is awful. The Manager tried to pressure me into buying hundreds of dollars worth of portraits and when I said no He tried to stare me down. They even tried to get me to let them apply for credit though them. I said no once and was asked to do so 3 more times. The portraits were awful. I went for Easter pictures and they used a solid brick wall as a back drop. The photographer wasn't paying attention at all and was busy talking. I felt like I was trapped there for 4 hours. The whole experience was terrible. Do not waste your money at Glamour shots it is a BIG rip off.

Ripp off & bad communication

I wish I would have read some of the Glamour shots complaints before setting up appointments for myself and three of my friends. We experienced the following:

A. I was told that that all four of us would be taken into the makeup/photo sessions at the same time...having our make up and hair done same time.

NOT! We arrived and was taken in one
at a time, as there was only one makeup
artist and one photographer...and there
was no wizard works from the make up
artist...basic make up applicatiion. Two
other customers were thrown in between the
four of us also...causing more delay

B. The prices were outrageous and the best higg dollar deal was the $195 package OF ONE POSE ONLY!!!

Prices were not discussed...just a deposit
of $20 a person I had to place two weeks
prior...then day of call to remind...I
had to fight for the four of us all getting there
and being processed same time...AGAIN...
which never happened anyway. We were
there for five hours.

C. I was told to bring clothes...when I asked if they
had any there, they said yes, but bring clothes.

Thank Goodness I brought clothes for all of
us, as the clothes they had there was HORRIBLE.
My first experience with GS...they had boas,
jewelry, tops, foils, furs, leather, etc. I have
seen better clothes at GOODWILL. Horrible
selection...I pity the person who doesn't bring
clothes.

D. We were told that they enhance the ONE POSE we order...we would need to pay $80 per sheet to have further enhancing.

The basic enhancement was bad...lip lines not
covered, lines that could have been somewhat
smoothed, wasn't...

E. From the beginning, I told them I needed a CD
for my printer to make business cards and they said they would give it to me. Also, they wanted $350 for the CD of all our shots, and of course, after spending $1200...we said no!

They charged $120 for the CD...one picture
CD! The $350 CD was sold to us for $150
ONLY due to the fact that a friend of mine
that had a GREAT experience at the arrowhead
was sold to her for $100. The CD is worthless
to them...so offering it at a bargain deal should
have been the first option.

I will have to agree with all the complaints read...except the make up artist and photographer was pleasant (we tipped the makeup artist)...but the manager who is now gone...was just not workable and you could tell there was commission involved. When I picked up the photo's I was also charged a shipping charge and the man uin charge...when asked about the minimal enghancing said...Oh, that is extra and you don't want all the imperfections gone...well...lower lip liner above the lips is a fubar...not customer age problem. 12 yrs ago they were good...now, as mentioned Olan Mills or evemJC Penny's could do as well for 75% less price or you would get way more for the money.

• Ka
    KARMA** Jan 11, 2011

GLAMOUR SHOTS IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, CORRUPT COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! I am so sorry I ever wasted my hard earned money as well as my time with them. Long story short, they are indeed a complete and utter rip off! The company has no regard for its customers. Once they have your money, they don't care if your satisfied with your purchase or not. GOOD LUCK trying to file any type of complaint if you're not satisfied because getting something done about your problem is like pulling teeth. I would strongly advise anyone who even considers going through this so called "company" to BEWARE and do all of your research before spending even a penny on their services. Also, I would strongly advise getting legal representation when dealing with Michelle from their customer service department (919)744-9039, so you do not get dicked around.

• Ka
    kaydavisyoung Jul 04, 2011

I am a Photographer that is about to open up a studio in Glendale.
    1. As far as the disc is concerned... The disc is very valuable with all of the photos because of this. When you release a disc of all the photos without the watermark, or even one photo, the photographer does not get the credit for this photo anymore. This also means that the purchaser can sell and distribute the photo in any way they choose without giving any compensation. This wouldn't be a problem if it was originally arranged as a business shoot, but most of the shoots are personal, so to ensure that people don't make more money off of them, you release prints only.

That being said, I think it is completely unacceptable that they did not communicate all this with you or even the time frame issue.
    The rates I will be starting off at are way lower because I don't feel like people should be ripped off like that.
    Also, Glamour shots is a HUGE company which means you have to think about it like walmart... they really dont care, just want your money. Because when these companies are so vast, there is really no guarantee that the people you get will actually care.

ALWAYS Bring your own clothes because even if they have clothes there that are descent, they may not fit right or you may not like them. You know what looks best on you, so make sure you aren't stuck with something that goes with your individual style.

I am not sure how much you all were charged but i would love some more feedback before my own company opening so if you could email me at [email protected] I would love to discuss this more. Thank you! Kay Davis-Young

• Sh
    Shauna602 Jul 18, 2011

I called the store and got all the correct information. They also told me to bring wardrobe from home because I may not like theirs. They said expect to be there any where from 2-3 hours. I asked if four people can be accommodated they said yes. They also told me that 2 makeup artist would be doing all four of us. So it may take a bit longer. They also told that we need to pick and pay for our order that day. They would come back in about 7 to 10 business days.
    The session I was quoted was $59.95 for hair/makeup/photo session/ viewing. A regular session for me is $150 no hair and make up.
    Cds are $120 and can be on a volume discount. Which is fairly reasonable considering other photographers charge $150.00 like my self and upwards to $200.00 an image. Its all about how the photographer values their work.
    For the wardrobe anybody looking to take pictures in a boa or a leather coat is insane. It is so out dated. I would blame Glamour Shots for not carrying these things anymore.

I am a photographer in the great state of AZ. I feel that sometimes people only hear what they want. That when the communication get bobbled. They do give out quite a bit of information for one to get all at once. But you being a consumer should ask questions. You don't by a car that has no radio or AC without say, "Whats the deal?"
    Just saying.

Also not a good place to be picking up business. Once a complainer always a complainer.

Customer Service & Prices

I had received a call from the sales rep stating that the manager came into the store to review the...

unprofessional- inappropriate

Hello, I am writing to inform you of a most unpleasant experience that we endured at the Avenues location of...

THIEVES! i was mislead and lied to when it came to prices

IN REPLY TO BRENDA OAKLEY: My name is miriam and i too went to glamour shots thinking i would love it but...

RIP OFF and SERVICE!

Ive discovered a great fashion and glamour photography studio in San Antonio called BLUDIAMOND STUDIOS, ive been to glamour shots and they ripped me off ..the manager was terrible the service was slow, the pictures were no better than wal mart..i was very very dissapointed after my experience there..someone mentioned i could get better images and better service with all the perks that glamour shots offers at BluDimaond Studios..i was already left with a bad taste in my mouth and didnt really want to go through that experience again but after some cohersing i made the reservation and founfd that bludiamond studios is a very professional company, great great photography and great make up and hairstylists also, they made me feel so relaxed and i had a really nice time..the photographer was a doll and the prices were so very affordable for such a great service they provide! ive never felt so beautiful, so thankyou BluDiamond Studios i will stick with you guys!! ladies if you want a really good studio experience and beautiful professional images that us everyday women and mothers can AFFORD please check these ladies out they rock!!

• Me
    melinda rachena Jun 17, 2009

i totally agree that glamour shots is a waste of money, they are trained to pressure you into spending your morgage payment! i will never go there again..i had an appointment at the barton creek mall location and when i was finished i was so upset and disssapointed and they LOST OUR ORDER LATER! i just recently heard about BluDiamond Studios in san antonio and that they do provide hair and make up and have no fees other than the shet price of 12.50.. so i made the appointment, did the photoshoot and i was soo impressed!! i was so grateful for such a nice experience after my last terrible one i was almost in tears of joy! lol ..i would have to say the drive from austin san antonio was so worth it! i will continue to make that drive for photos until they expand into austin and shut glamour shots down! =)

oh and here the website everone! make the drive if your not in san antonio because its worth it! ! =) http://BluDiamondStudios.com and heres a few samples i found on the website!

Complete Scam and Rip Off

I set up an appointment online to do Glamour Shots with my family (about 8 of us). When they called me to confirm that we were on for the appointment because it was the day after Thanksgiving and they felt it'll be busy, they also asked me to put down $20 to hold the position which I was fine in doing because I thought that it would go towards the total price. I asked the guy what the packages were and he gave me a line of BS that said that Packages start at $130 and that he'd explain them to me that day. When I got there he said the same thing and that payment was due that day and I signed a contract. My sister had gone there 2 years ago and it cost her only $300 for just her package. We took a series of pictures and tells us to be back in a 1/2 hour. He wasn't ready in a 1/2 hour so we waited and waited and waited. Then he finally showed us 6 (JUST 6..where the others went, I don't know!) out of the 100's he took of us and some of them we didn't like. We picked out 5 that we really liked and he said...well, you can do this and that and this and it'll cost you this...OVER $2, 000!!! He said that each picture that he took was $130 PER PIC and that if we wanted it on DVD it would be $160 per picture because we'd be buying the copyrights. We ended up buying 4 pictures on the DVD which ended up costing us $640 anyway and got no hair and makeup done! What a freaking rip off!!! It was much cheaper to have Kodak develop the pics for us then it would've been for GS! And it's been over a month and I still haven't gotten my free 8X10. We were all soooooooo disappointed & disgusted at what a scam this is. We could've gone to Sears or JCPenney's and got an entire package for a heck of a lot cheaper then this place. I don't recommend anyone going there...it's highly overrated and a total RIPOFF!!!

Prices

I took my Daughters (twins) to Glamour Shots to have their pictures taken for their 17th birthday. The...

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Just wish to make you aware at the disappointing customer service I received at the Kennesaw Georgia Mall
I went in to take baby pictures for a story book shoot…Saturday 9.6.08
there was no ac in the store… it was sooo hot.!!!
When we were done at 1 pm they told me to come back in 20 minutes I did then they said 20 more I did come back …. Then again … so I came back again… finally at 4 pm I ran out of diapers and formula and was fed up I then told them I had to come back some other day.
I came back on Thursday to view images and only 4 fit the picture and they were not of the baby smiling ( probably cause it was hot! ) so we had to retake some pictures over! I then ordered and paid Thursday 9.11.08
I called to verify if my cd and booklet purchase was at the shop and they indicated it was ready to pick up. 9.20.08
I was helped by a young very thin young African American lady who proceeded to open my package for me and upload my cd image of a story book picture I purchased.her name was CHERI
I was very very disappointed with the story book products final result.. my baby’s image was great however the graphics were truly bad. They were of center and just plain wrong for $200.00
The cashier proceeded to argue with me trying to coerce me into signing the satisfactory statement ..
She stated there could be nothing done to correct the situation and I had to take it home !!
I asked for a manager to see if there was anything that could be done to correct the image and she stated the manager was unavailable to speak with due to she was with a client in the back and to call back Monday .
*** I was satisfied with the booklet so I requested to take those home… she took the booklets from my hands and put her fingerprints all over the pictures inside and slammed them on the desk and stated I could not take anything home if I did not sign the disclosure that stated I was happy with the cd image.
She was screaming at me and my infant was getting upset.
I asked her numerous times to please tone down her voice and she refused.
I believe if she was not paying for the product she should not try to force me into taking it home …
Secondly I paid cash for the booklet and the cd and she would not let me take my booklet home out of spite.
And thirdly … she then went on further by putting her fingerprints all over the picture book inside in the pictures putting her greasy fingerprints all over a product she did not pay for.
This type of nightmare customer service is something you do not expect from a place that charges such premium fees for their services.

Very very disappointed in the overall finalization of the transaction!!
I am home now without any products after spending $302.80 on a booklet and a cd image

On the other hand the photographer was a very nice and professional and courteous and it would do you well to trade in that rude mean vindictive and pretty much crazy for no reason sales rep youngster for a pro like Kim.
Please email me when this is received.
The nightmare at your store has been the worst customer service experience ….
And customer service is what I do. So trust me I know what I’m talking about!!

• Be
    Beth22 Jan 09, 2012

No service. Employes are playing around on Facebook, playing around with music on the computer.

The biggest rip off ever

I went to Glamour Shots today with my daughter to take some update photos for up coming Christmas . Beside...

Rip Off Never received free 8x10 photo. Were quoted an outrageous price for pictures

Was quoted a free 8x10 photo. Free of charge. First of all I charged $14.95 for a setting fee. When I arrived I had to pay $25.00. Once the phot shoot started, I was not told I was to pay for the photos that day.

Was threathed the day of viewing the photos about I was going to pay that day.

I've never received the free 8x10 or a refund of any of my money. I think something needs to be done about Glamour Shots ripping customer off.

• Ba
    barb markus Oct 02, 2008

...having been to " the real glamour shots " & looking these comments over realize people are confusing glamour shot " want to be's or copy cats " & the real thing..i was to the real thing & found pricing as well as price sheets available & a very detailed description as what to expect before i ever got started...customer service was awesome & i plan to return for family photos...barb schwartz, g.b.wi

• Ki
    Kimberly McDaniel Nov 04, 2008

What do you consider the real Glamour shots? You can't really think they went to a fake Glamour shots! I had wedding photos scheduled and one day was called by the OWNER and told that just because I was a professional photographer she was canceling my appointment simply because her normal bridal sessions ranged from $1200 to $2500 and she felt sure I would not spend that much so she did not want to waste her time. She gave me a one day notice and I was flying to Jamaica the next day to get married. Thank the lord for the photographer in Jamaica! Glamour shots is more concerned about the money than the customer!

Shameful business practice
    KB

Rip Off's Beware

Please, Please, Please... Don't use this Glamour Shot Location. They have no sense of customer service. These people work off a commission and want you to purchase as many pictures they can push on you. I was over charged by the mistake of the representative working there and when I brought this to her attention all she said she could do was give me more pictures. She wanted me to take over $620 dollars of pictures instead of my reimbursement. I didn't want to pay for her mistake and asked to speak to the manager and requested to speak to Kenny V. which didn't realize that this incompetent worker had forgotten to put me on hold and heard him that he didn't want to change the price and give me some more pictures.

Unfortunately, they had to reimburse me $420 dollars of the money however, when I called again to discuss how she miss ordered and placed one of my smaller frames on canvas (which we agreed we didn't want and she insisted that it was of no charge) he was willing to fix the problem but without returning me my money. Basically giving him $200 dollars of my money for his employee’s error.

When I spoke to Kenny V. he was extremely arrogant and cursed at me and told me to take it up with my credit card company and hung up the phone. What ever happen to "customer’s first" and professionalism? I finally tried contacting him and he wouldn't take any of my calls and have a pending case with the Franchise and Small clams. Please beware of this location this, it is obvious that he has done this before don't fall into the trap.

• Un
    unknown May 26, 2008

CONTACT THE ACTUAL OWNER OF GLAMOUR SHOTS(CANDID COLOR) HIS NAME IS JACK COUNTS AND YOU REACH HIM AT CANDID COLOR IN OAKLAHOMA CITY, OK.
    THE OWNER OF THAT STORE JAMES O'NEAL IN NY DOESN'T CARE IF YOU ARE HAPPY AS LONG AS THEY GOT THIER MONEY. YES THEY WORK ON COMMISSION AND A VERY HIGH AMOUNT OF COMMISSION. FIGHT IT WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO THE NAIL.

• Un
    unknown Jun 19, 2008

I am sorry to hear that. I had an issue with the store and I was forwarded to the corporate office at 972-334-9360 and the Customer Service Manager Noel helped me out immediately and I was very pleased with the results.

Money stolen out of purse!

My daughter and myself had a day out and I decided to schedule us to take pictures at Glamour Shots. We haven't been to GlamourShots for some years. I scheduled my appointment I was told a little about GlamourShot but not everything in detailed. Even when I arrived they told me that I was told everything which was not true because if I knew the price was going to be a big amount I would have canceled the appointment. We took our pictures and I wasn't happy with all of them until I was told the price went up to $6000 dollars and I told the young lady I did not come here to spend that kind of money just for pictures but to make a long start short my complaint is that one of the employees took money out of my purse while myself and daughter was doing our photo session we left our purses in the bathroom where we was changing clothes. When we finish they told us to come back in 20 minutes to take a look at our photos we went to go get something to eat and I notice that money was missing out of my purse and my daughter said mom I say the money we you gave the woman the coupon for the 8x10 free portrait. I took everything out of my purse the money was gone and the only people that was there was the 2 makeup artist and other lady that was getting her hair done and other employees. I don't appreciate being charged $618.85 worth of pictures let alone money being stolen out of my purse. I know I will never again take pictures at GlamourShots it was one of my favorite place to take pictures but now I am very disappointed in the company. First of all they should have locker for the customers to were you don't have to leave your items unattended and plus employees don't have a right to go into anyone purse. This should be known at all of the GlamourShots to install lockers for their customers so this want happen to anyone else.

• Pa
    Pat O Jul 21, 2008

Did you contact mall security or the police? They should have security cameras, at least you'd be able to find out who went into the room where your purse was.

• Re
    rebecca moore Oct 08, 2008

watever

Refund

I had pictures done at the Glamour Shots in Fairview Heights IL. They told me the lab wouldnt print one of...

Theft of portfolio!

I am a professional freelance makeup artist. I applied at Glamour Shots for a job as a makeup artist because...

Total rip off!

This place is a total Rip-Off. 1. Deceptive package prices. 2. Poor quality of photography. 3. Each photo...

Ripped off!

The initial greeting made the two of us feel like WHAT! are you doing here? My clothing was accepted and placed on the floor in front of the door that led to the room of the photo shoot. I asked the photographer if I could have a shot of the white dress with back showing we know that never happened. But she was very courteous.

I sit next to the presenter with a witness and was told about a (5) picture package but could not have it under $621.00 I stated my budget consistently and was ignored. She would never allow me to look at the pricing book that she kept closing each time she gave a price. I asked (4) times how much does one individual photo cost she repeatedly stated $135.00 I stated I did not want the touch up or special paper but of course ignored. The free photo came with the special glossy paper but I was charged for it anyway.

I received a black and white copy of the negatives thats not recognizable and the same individual stated thats the way they come. She has worked there (15) years and she has never given a recognizable copy to anyone. I've gone there (7) times in the last (8) years with interested customers and this is the first time I received a copy I couldn't recognize.

I am ripped off for $120.00 but the rip off was larger $297.00 to be exact until I called and complained. Satisfaction will not be obtained here they are rude disrespectful rip off artist. I do have a witness and will not rest until some justice is done.

• Mi
    Mike Flaherty Feb 02, 2008

The people at Glamour Shots know just what they are doing.
    My wife was offered their $200 package. Unfortunately, all
    pictures go through their lab "ONLY " for touch ups. She ended up paying $500 for pictures that easily could have been done at Sears for $50. They pulled the same stunt on her regarding " cost deception" . i.e. Not giving her any idea about the original cost.
    As a photographer myself , I saw the poor quality of their work and went to their shop complaining about shadows in professional pictures.
    She went in for a re-shoot which I observed, This turned out even worse.
    Their trick is to inform the consumer that any problems with the pictures can be fixed ONLY at their lab. These adjustments push the price up on each picture.
    Bottom Line > Glamour Shots is a total rip-off because the package cost will not be your final cost due to the adjustments that they make sure are necessary.

Unfair treatment of employees, passive racism!

Last night I terminated my employment with Glamour Shots at the Arbor Place mall in Douglasville due to unfair treatment. I could list off five other employees (both former and present) who will vouch for pretty much anything I say in this complaint. I am trying to start a business of my own aside from working at Glamour Shots, so when I first signed on it was under the pretense I'd be getting <b>part time</b> hours. Instead, on several occasions I was made to close the studio (working sometimes until 12 at night), only to turn around and open again at whatever ridiculous hour that morning (most recently 6:30 am) and work open to close. I wouldn't mind this as much if I didn't live an hour and a half away. I have to be awake 3 hours prior to arriving at the studio and no one seems to take that into account for anything.

Due to the poor management of this studio, several employees had been driven off in one form or another in a short period of time. This left the rest of us to work all kinds of crazy hours to pick up the slack. Often we wouldn't even know our hours until the day before, or sometimes the day of, and would get reprimanded for not being psychic.

Aside from the crazy hours and general slave-labor tactics, there is the issue of passive racism. Again, 5 other (former and present) employees of mixed races, as well as 1 customer (that we know of) could vouch for this. The assistant manager at the Arbor Place branch gives blatant preferential treatment to dark-skinned customers and employees. Being a mature and accepting person myself, this is not something I am used to dealing with. She repeatedly talks down to, yells at, belittles and demands the white staff to do busy work while everyone else gets to stand around, talk and laugh. I have no problem with working for my paycheck, so long as everyone else is doing the same. If any of the white staff attempts to ask a question, we would either get ignored or get an ear full of attitude. If anyone else asked, they'd get a straight and civil answer.

I am taking this complaint to Glamour Shots corporate as well as the labor board. People who have the management skills and maturity of a five year-old should not be allowed to govern other people. This is nearly 2008 (and Christmas, for that matter), racism shouldn't even be an issue in a professional setting anymore. I am not filing this complaint for myself, but for anyone else who has the displeasure of working for this company. I refuse to sit back and do nothing while people are treated this way. Anyone who feels the same should stand up and say so.

• Pa
    Pat O Jul 21, 2008

That's exactly why I would never work under a black, they are stupid and lazy...period. If you see a black managing a store, you're looking at a sinking ship.

• Je
    jenmac Dec 11, 2008

I totally agree with the complaint about how you were treated. Unfortunately, this type of underlying racism is widespread.

However, I disagree with the part about where you live and how long it takes to get to work. It's the employees choice of where to live, not the company's. They may be blamed for many other things, but not this.

Good luck!

• Je
    Jeannine Apr 11, 2009

To the comment left by Pat O: You completely missed the point of my complaint and are an idiot. I don't have anything against black people or their managerial skills. What I have a problem with is ANYONE treating anyone else unfairly based solely on the color of their skin (or sexuality, religion, etc etc). IE: idiots like you. Keep your comments to yourself.

To jenmac: I would agree with you, but I didn't actually sign up to work so far away. I was originally told that I'd be working in Kennesaw (where I lived at the time) and that somehow went out the window. I needed a job and there wasn't much else available, so I by then I had no choice. Believe me, if I'd had a choice I would not have been working an hour and a half away for $6.50 an hour under a racist ###. :)

It's all good though. Last I heard, she got fired. Justice is awesome (for me, not so much for her. muahahaaa!).

• Re
    reybrity Aug 20, 2009

I wish you luck Jeannine. As an African American I have empathy for you in what you experienced at your previous workplace and am bothered by the manager's actions. It is apparent, even by the comment left by "Pat O" that some people are just never going to get it. Sounds like he/she and your ex manager would make a good team, both seem to be racists. At any rate, I'm glad that you didn't generalize her actions to those of other African Americans. I wish you luck in your new job search

• Fi
    fifield Apr 03, 2010

This comment is sort of unrelated to original post. What I wonder is why do you, reybrity and Pat O, assume that the manager is an African American because she is favoring other African Americans? Nowhere in the original post is it stated that the manager is dark-skinned herself, but only that she favors dark-skinned people. I think this proves, in some small way, that most people are at least a little racist - because it is racist to assume that only black people can favor other black people.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices