Complaints & Reviews

graduation pictures

My name is esmeralda botello,... to whom it may concern..., my husband isidro botello graduated from college...

never received pictures I paid for

We had our kids's pictures taken way back around Easter and stopped back 3-4 weeks later and the place had closed. We put money down on the session because the lady said we had to. Never received any pictures and the workers at Walmart said you will be getting them in the mail. It's June 16, 2013 and still nothing! I am sooo angry and disgusted with this! My daughter came home from college and agreed to these pictures and then to receive none at all?!! What a horrible way to run a business! I think it is a scam and they took off with our money! And by the looks of the complaints on this page, others were scammed also.

christine Jul 31, 2008

I have no complaint. I think she was great with my daughter and son. She was patient and friendly. She helped me out with the best offer for my money with the pictures.

christine Jul 31, 2008

I have not had any problem with them since they change to Picture me Portrait Studio.

• Vi
    VICKI ALLEN Aug 13, 2008

I went to get my daughters 3 year portraits at the picture me in waynesboro, pa. the photographer was really nice and great with my daughter. my complaint is that i received a call today from the studio that something was wrong with the film and none of the pictures they took were viable. i'm just really annoyed about this. they need to get out of the stoneages and go digital! i don't want to redo my session with them. i just went there because the cost is lower than who i prefer. i guess you get what you pay for.

never got my pictures

I had pictures taken on March 21, I paid and they said they would call when they came in. They never called...

where is my photos or money

I had my two little girls pictures done and its been three weeks. Then I come to find out after I paid them...

very rude

I had two sets of picturers that I have purchased from my local walmart potrait studio.. I recieved the first...

bait and switch offer, bad photography

This was a come on, bait and switch, and rip off. We can send a man to the moon but cannot produce prints in...

poor quality

The photographer did very little to set up photos. She offerred NO props, and only a couple of choices for background color. She counted 1, 2, 3 and that's it for getting three small kids to smile. HELLO!!!
The purchased disk, wasn't even useable! The background junk shos in every one, and even uploading them to walmart online they become grainy when trying to crop the background out.

deceptive practices

1. don't wait for the cd as the store can burn it immediately after the photo session! 2. high resolution cd...

horrible boss at picture me studios in walmart texas region

Fred waniska the regional director of texas picture me and jim maddox the vp of picture me... horrible supervisors
I to have worked directly under fred waniska and what I have witnessed is horrible. the sad thing is jim maddox knows all about it and protects his "good ol'boy". there are numerous sexual harassment allegations against fred and they have all mystically disappeared and the girls who accused fred have all been fired, with the help of jim. from what I have heard there is a class action lawsuit against fred and the company and I would love to hear how to get involved, I have witnessed so many things that never should of happened. if an employee was over weight he would say they are unprofessional and find a reason to fire them since we can not fire a person for being fat. he told me I had to wear my hair down and styled everyday, my nails had to be done, and that I had to wear more makeup. one of the employees numbers were down because she worked in a high bi-lingual studio and she was not bi-lingual he assumed because she was hispanic that she was and when he found out she was not bi-lingual he told her to learn spanish so she could get her numbers up or she would lose her job, she started crying and he said quit crying like a little baby. he always talked behind everyones back thinking we do not talk to each other. he constantly used foul language directed at you and talked down to you. I planned to take a week off for my wedding fred approved it then when it came time for the week off he said sorry you have to cut it short so I got 4 days off for my wedding and on the day my family came in town and we were suppose to be getting everything together fred called me and I spent all day in the computer doing reports, I was not allowed to take my honeymoon directly after my wedding, I had to wait a month later when the time came for my trip fred gave me the third degree that I was going and threated my job, witch was nothing new he threatens everyones job every day, he screws up and you are the one to blame. I went to della in the hr department multiple times about him and so did some of my other coworkers, and surprise we all ended up getting fired. della in hr is protecting fred and jim is helping her. cpi is the worst company to work for I would not recommend anyone to work there ever.

rude & unsympathetic

This was my child’s first Christmas and it was very important me to send out family portraits a...

everything

To make an extremely long story short... Not possible! I had pics taken for my daughters first Birthday (Oct 2010). I put a deposit down & was to pay the remaining amount when the pics came in. I received a phone call on Nov. 5th stating that my pics were in and proceeded to go collect them and pay the remaining balance with an electronic check. After paying the balance I noticed half of the pictures were not what I had ordered & left them with the studio & they agreed to reorder the pics I had originally chosen and they would be in on Nov. 17th 2010. Once the electronic check posted to the bank account(that was stamped on the front with the correct amount) I noticed they had actually charged $70.00 over what they were supposed to. I called the studio and they were of no help!!! I then called CPI(the company that owns Picture me & a few others) customer service and was told to make copies & fax everything to them, which I did. I repeatedly had to call, be put on hold, and was never able to speak with a supervisor which I had asked to do multiple times. After receiving horrible customer service they told me an amount that they would refund... I still would have been paying $10.00 more than I was supposed to be paying. I told the company I would be returning the portrait package to the studio and wanted a full refund including the $70.00 that was taken out of the account that they were not authorized to do!. I returned to the studio with the portrait package less 1 5x7 & 2 wallets that I agreed to pay for on Nov 16th 2010. When I arrived I informed the Manager who I had already spoken with regarding the situation, I had spoken with CPI customer service & I was here to return the picture package. She then said she had to call them herself and I stated that was fine. I didn't think I would have to give her the number to the company she works for...WOW! I said to her here is the number for CPI & she then responded with "who is that?" Another big WOW!!! Their own employee was on hold for more than an hour. She stated I was there to return the photos & I believe they asked if they were all there? She told about the 5x7 and 2 wallets and they asked where the others were. HELLO!!! You have them !Another employee who heard what was going on, came over to say she had remembered me & confirmed what I was saying. She then stated another employee had put them somewhere... Of course that somewhere couldn't be found. I asked the manager to call her district manger & she said she would and have her call me regarding this situation. I haven't received a call from the manager of the studio, CPI or a district manager. Gotta love great customer service. My dogs receive better customer service from the vet. My husband has informed the BBB and we will see what happens from here. Completely unorganized, horrible customer service that I didn't even truly describe, never mind thieves. So I now have a portrait package that I can't return, even though I paid for them and had $70.00 stolen from my account because they still have the other half of my package... SOMEWHERE.

• Cp
    CPI Corp Nov 17, 2010

Hi jlfmom,
    I work for CPI Corp, the company that owns and operates PictureMe Portrait Studios. I saw your post and I wanted to reach out to you regarding your experience. I’m sorry to hear that your experience was unsatisfactory and about the level of customer service you were provided. From what you’ve described, this does not reflect the standard we set for ourselves at PictureMe Portrait Studios. In order to resolve this issue, could you please email me at [email protected] with your contact information? I’d like to get additional information so that I can work to resolve this issue quickly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope to hear from you soon!

• Kt
    KTRS80 Dec 02, 2010

I have been going through the same thing but the company I tried to get pictures from was searsphoto.com. My issue started October 27th and I have yet to recieve a simply $27.82 back from CPICORP. Because of the service or lack of service I've received Sears will no longer get business from me or my family.

• Cp
    CPI Corp Dec 02, 2010

Hi KTRS80,
    We just received your email regarding this issue. I apologize that this situation as taken so long to resolve and for the inconvenience this has caused you. We will research your issue and be in contact with you soon. Thank you for making us aware of the situation.

• Jl
    jlfmom Dec 03, 2010

Hi KTRS80,
    I feel your pain! I still have yet to hear anything. I tell everyone I know to stay away due to my horrible experience. If I over hear someone talking about getting pictures done, I do the same. I have four kids so, I know alot of parents! Take care & I hope you have better luck than myself.

• Am
    Amanda of Lincoln NE Feb 01, 2011

I have to say I agree, CPI and Picture Me Portrait Studios is one of the most unprofessional organizations I have ever dealt with. The fact is that most of their suppose to be professional photograghers are young uneducated bubble gum girls. Professional my ###. The only half-way decent photographer I could find in my whole region with-in this company was a woman named Bev. She was patient with my children, and gave me the best photographs I ever had from this company. It's to bad she was only filling in at that studio, I have to find out what studio she works out of because I couldn't ask for better pictures or photographer. Although her computer continued to crash through the whole time of me trying to pick out the pictures she kept my children occupied with toys and kept me engaged in the process. I always get the CD but I don't always get great photographs, most of the time I'm lucky to get one half way decent photo. This time I got great photo's and a great experience.

Amanda of Lincoln NE

• Ru
    Rusty miller Dec 08, 2012

I totally agree sears and CPI are a bunch of jokes I'm going threw a horrible experience right now the people at sears were very unprofessional and rude and I've been trying to get a hold sears District manager and they keep saying The'll call me back which they don't, ive emailed cpi and no response big and total joke of a corporation total rip off if you get a normal package . I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau Real soon . If your reading this stay away from Sears portrait studio or any affiliation with CPI Corporation Walmart photos etc. Trust me and the hundreds of other people ### about this company online . Rusty miller Iowa

• Fr
    FRUSTRATED IN SA Jan 11, 2013

I HAD PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY MOM, FIANCE', AND MYSELF ON DEC 23 AND WAS GIVEN A PROMICE DATE OF 6 JAN. I HAVE TRIED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE AT THE STUDIO ALL WEEK AND NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE THE DISTRICT MANAGER DONT ANSWER THE PHONE AND THE PICTUREME WEB SITE SENDS YOU ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE. I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF THE STUDIO AND THE PICTURES ARE MISSING. I PAID 58 DOLLARS FOR PICTURES AND HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. THE PICTURES ARE ON THE WEB SITE BUT MY HARD PRINTS ARE MISSING. I WAS TOLDS I COULD GET A REFUND. THAT DOES NOT REPLACE PICTURES THAT CANT BE REDONE SINCE MY MOM IS NO LONGER WITH ME.. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES PICTURE ME!!! SOME ONE FROM CORPORATE PLEASE CALL ME 210-385-4218

unprofessional

Took my kids to the studio in round rock texas and walked outed becasue the employee was dressed like a hooker (boots and all) come on 4 inch stilledos while walking around toddllers. drove all the way to hutto texas and gave up!!! employee there looked as she just stepped out of a biker bar and was prould to show all her stuff if you know what i mean. Come to find out both were managers of studios. WTH. how can they let their managers dress that way. was going to call DM but why bother, if he or she lets her managers dress this way they must be just as bad.

Come to find out that Sears actually owns the studios inside of wal-mart. another WTH.

• Ev
    Eveanna Oct 22, 2010

This comment is to Dawnitte

She has every right to complain about how she was dressed. What that photographer was wearing is NOT allowed at any CPI establishment. So you don't get confused CPI owns all the PictureMe!, WallMart, Sears, and Kiddy Kannons portrait studios. Plus, I know a lot of mothers and fathers that have fantastic figures and still don't want to get there pictures of there kids taken from someone that looks like they are about to go hooking on a corner. It's not just unprofessional, but it is also dangerous, because the photographer could trip and brake her ankle or step on a child and cause more damage then if they wore the appropriate attire.

This comment is to Learn to Dress professional

Complain to the DM she/he may not be aware of it due to the fact that many of the employees know how to turn off the security camera or that they hardly do surprise visits. Also call the customer service line in case the DM dose let them dress that way.

service

Date-07/15/2010 Trans#-[protected] session# 102919 Salesrep-Melissa Payamount-$96.74/debit. After taking...

horrible company to work for

I was hired with PictureMe in August of 2009, in the Lunenburg, MA studio. In the beginning I absolutely loved it. It was my first time working for Corporate, and although I had heard some horror stories of what it could be like, I decided to take the chance. I went in expecting some training in Photography, which is wanted more than anything. I had just recently graduated in 2007 and didn't have the money to go to school. Before going to PictureMe I worked for a privately owned Portrait Studio. I didn't take a photos there, besides events such as pep rallys or football games; I was a re-toucher. Anyway, I went to PictureMe to further understand what it could be like to be a Photographer. Needless to say, I was barely taught anything. Nothing about the camera, lighting, or ANYTHING! I was taught the basics on how to use there programs, how to sell, pretty much how to annoy the ### out of people.

I think that going off of what I knew beforehand, I did fairly well. I had done my homework. I read camera manuals, bought myself a $800 camera to play around with myself, and found answers to questions that I had online. And after an exhausting Christmas season had finally passed, I was offered a promotion. They thought I was "Management Material". I accepted the promotion and asked where I would be moving too. The District Manager [DM] at the time told me that she would have to look into it and get back to me. She calls me back and tells me that they need to fill a Managers position in Ware Massachusetts. I asked how far away from me that was from me. She told me that she was unsure, that she was estimating about a half an hour. I told her that I wanted to take the drive out there and then get back to her on weather or not I would accept the position or not, and that if I didn't want it, then I wanted my ORIGINAL position back. She agreed and told me that was fine. Sunday was supposed to be my first day out there.

That Sunday I woke up to an extremely swollen throat. I was unable to talk, or even swallow pills. I called my DM and tried to tell her that I was going to the emergency room, I was unable to make it in due to my condition. She fought with me, yelled at me, and tried to find some way to get me to come in, VERY RUDELY. Needless to say, I did go to the emergency room that day to find out that I had strep. Great thing to have with little kids around huh? I was out until that Wednesday. My manager of that studio was on her vacation and offered to come in and start on my training with me. I was supposed to get three days. The DM declined this offer and scheduled me to be in Ware that Friday.

That Friday comes and I leave my house at 8:30. After an hour and fifteen minute drive, I arrive at my destination to find that the DM isn't even there. We open at 10:00 am everyday, and I was only 15 minutes early. You would think that when a new person is on her way in, you would be ready for her to be there. Yeah, well so much for thinking. My name wasn't even in the computer meaning that I couldn't even clock in! AND I had people trying to pick up there photos who had balances. The way that their system is set up is that you need to be clocked in to be able to get into the cash drawer. I had no other options but to only accept credit cards, and ask for the people with cash to come back as soon as I was able to get into the cash drawer. People were upset, but I really didn't have an other options. I called the DM and told her my situation and she told me that she would get there as soon as she could. In the mean time, I looked at the schedule for that day and saw that I had an 11:00 am and a 12:00 pm. I figured that the DM had to be there by then, right? WRONG. 11:00 am comes in, I take them and act as though there was no problem. Before I begin to take the photos, I explain to her, not in great detail, the situation I was in and that at the moment I was only able to accept Debit/Credit Cards. She said it was fine, and I proceeded with her session. That session ends and still no DM.
The 12:00 comes in. Half way threw there session the DM FINALLY comes in. I poked my head out of the camera room to tell her that I am still not clocked in, and she says that she's gonna fix it. So I'm taking the photos for the 12:00 session and the DM pokes her head in and nit picks every little thing that she doesn't like. "Why would you use that background with that outfit" "Don't go so close" Don't this.. why this" All these negative things right in front of the customer! And then the last time she comes in she tells me that she needs to send me to North Oxford because there was no one else. At this point, I was ready to loose my cool. I let out a big sigh, rolled my eyes, and literally lost it, not all that badly yet. "Are you serious?!" "Is there a problem" she replied. "I'll talk about this with you after" and just completely shut her out. I can only imagine what the customer was thinking at this point. Sorry, to where ever you are!
So the session ends and I come out, trying to tame my bad attitude towards her since she is my boss. She tells me that I have to go to North Oxford, because the girl that was supposed to show up didn't. She asked why this upset me so much, and I told her that basicly the whole training thing. I was told three days minimum and got cut down to NOT EVEN five hours, which most of it she wasn't even there! I left and went to North Oxford instead of fighting with her, or taking a lunch. Yeah, my lunch break consisted of driving that day. Wasn't very yummy. =/
She meets me in North Oxford and I tell her that I need to talk to her. I told her that there was no way that would be able to drive an hour and fifteen minutes to work everyday. It was to much for me, and I wasn't getting paid NEARLY enough to be putting the unneeded miles or the gas into my car. She hesitates and tells me that there is a slight problem with that. They were already having someone transfer into my old position in Lunenburg. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She then told me that she could give me a "Floater's Position." What the eff if that?! The whole reason why I turned down the job was because of the drive! HELLO!!
The next week I was in Lunenburg. The DM kept calling with different options that we could do. I turned every single one down, I wanted to stay in Lunenburg like the original agreement was supposed to be. Finally she calls me and tells me that the manager's position had opened up, and that unfortuntly there were no other options for me. So I took it. It was the closest studio to Luneneburg, and it was management. It was a 40 minute drive there, right below Worcester.
I was trained for a day. I was told that I "pretty much knew what I was doing." I went to North Oxford to find how rude people can truly be. I was screamed at by customers almost everyday. Even the Walmart employees would give me dirty looks. And it was this way for a good two weeks straight. Finally the hostility began to calm down. I began to receive compliments rather than complaints. People would tell me that they hoped that I stayed and that I was the best photographer that they had in that studio. I was even tipped $40 once, and the customer insisted! I told the DM about the compliments that I had been recieveing and her response to me was "don't get to comfortable, this position isn't going to be as permenant as we thought." I HAVE TO GO THREW THIS AGAIN?! was the only thing that went threw my head. My car had broke down and I was trying everything I could from borrowing my fathers car, to paying people to drive me. And I will admit that I was occionally late. She tells me that Walmart wanted to have a conference with her about me.
The day that she came in for the conference, I was nowhere near excited. The whole thought of the situation just had me in an all around bad mood. Pretty much everything that was feeling good about went out the window. She comes back from the conference and is going on and on pretty much about how badly I suck. And I finally I say something. "I want out." "What do you mean?" "I don't want to be in this studio, I really don't care, I want to be in Lunenburg and if I'm not in Lunenburg then I don't want to work for this PATHETIC company anymore!" I had finally lost it. I had lost control of every little thing that had been bothering me. I told her to send the girl that was in MY position in Lunenburg to the Managers position in North Oxford since that girl had originally came here thinking she was going to get management. The DM then told me that "There is no way that we will be able to do that because she has children and responsiblities that she can't be that far away from." "WHAT?!" I could feel myself loose it again. "YOUR TELLING ME THAT I CAN'T WORK IN LUNENBURG BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE KIDS. I didn't realize how different things could be by spitting a few out. I'm 20 years old with NO kids, I thought I was doing the right thing with my life. But it's okay, give me a few months and let me get back to you on that." As that last sentence came out of my mouth, all I was thinking was SHUTUP! I was put on a suspension kind of thing till that Saturday because she told me that I needed some time to cool off.
I used this time wisely and found myself a new job. When I went back I put my two weeks notice in but told them it was going to be more like a week. I did a new call no show for the last three days I was supposed to be there. I started a new job the next week, that thus far has been absolutely terrific. And they are also a Corporation. I actually don't get yelled at for mistakes that are accidently made.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK FOR THEM, EVEN IF THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS! ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY MONEY MONEY! NOT PHOTOGRAPHY, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE, JUST HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE!

• Bo
    boo CPI Jun 18, 2010

I work with CPI now, and I agree with you. I was told when I started my training I was going to be filling a spot in a store that was about 25 miles from where I live. There are two stores about 10 miles from where I live and 1 just a few miles from my house. I asked why they were putting me so far out and they told me it was because that was where they needed the help. So I was then asked to go to one of the locations about 10 miles out for my training. "be there at 11 am." so I got there and the manager looked me and was like, "can I help you?" First off, she was the person who did my interview where all they really had us do was "sell" them a package and pass flyers out. That was the INTERVIEW! Ok. so I explained to her that the DM had asked me to train with her, so I didn't have to drive as far out, not a big deal for either of us. So she hands me a headset and shows me some videos on the computer and I'm to answer questions about this. She said it should take me til about lunch to finish them; I was done in an hour.
    As I'm finishing the last set of questions, I notice that she has been on her cell phone the whole time I was on the computer. I put the headset away and walked over to her and she looked me and was like, "hang on a minute, " and steyed on the phone for almost another half hour. About the time she gets off the phone, the DM walks in and was asking why I was there and not the other location, and denies that she told me to go there. After talking to the studio manager for a minute, she mentions that the district has gone over budget due to too many training hours. I'm thinking, I thought the only opening in the area was 20+ miles from my house, but I sat there politely, pretending not to listen. Then the SM says, well my trainee is running late, and I have this other girl over here I'm supposed to train, AND I have an appointment right after lunch! The DM said for her to just send the other girl home after lunch (which lunch was only about an hour away at this point). So the other girl gets there and the SM starts trying to explain things to us- this is the camera, this is the posing table- things we already know. Then starts to show us how to book appointments and about answering the phones. I'm a shy person and almost as soon as she gives us the instructions on how to answer the phone, it rings, and she hands it to me. I froze. I answered the phone anyway, and the call was for her. She took the call and walked to the storage room. We now have about 30 minutes left for training for the day. she stayed on the phone til time to go and then came out and informed me I would not be training wit her anymore, that I would be training at my "home" location. We got our things and I left.
    I completed my training at the other store and learned a lot. I did most of the work on my own with the SM looking over my shoulder, only helping me when we were in a hurry, when the computer shut down, or when I was just at a complete loss for what I was doing. My first day on the job by myself, I had 3 appointments that day and the goal was about $200. My first appointment came in, we got all the paperwork done, and the 2 year old I was supposed to be photographing began to have a temper-tantrum. She wouldn't let me near her without screaming, and kept throwing her toys at her mom and telling her mom she wasn't going to take pictures. Her mom excused herself and her child from the studio and said that she would try another day, and didn't wish to re-book the appointment. I didn't have any other morning appointments, so when I sent in my mid-day numbers to my DM, she yelled at me. "Why did you not have any sales? It doesn't matter if she wants to take pictures or not, you make her take pictures. You don't EVER let someone walk out of the studio without making a purchase. you SELL SELL SELL!!!"
    So that ticked me off. I decided I wasn't going to let it get to me, ate my lunch, and figured the rest of the day would go well. After lunch, I made my daily calls (calling and harassing at least 10 people a day at that time), no appointments. So I decided to Spin The Wheel until my next appointment showed up, and got nothing. Time for my next appointment to be there, no show. so I called them; their car was broke down and they had no way of getting there that day, but they did re-book. Okay, I though, I only have the one appointment left, which was at six o'clock. I did the Spin The Wheel again, and this time got 4 appointments. I also had two deliveries, but they didn't buy any extras. It's six o'clock, and I see two ladies with kids walking toward me. They both look at me and tell me that they have appointments at 6, and NEITHER of them are booked. As I'm getting their information, my 6 o'clock walks in. Keep in mind, it's my first day by myself. So I called my manager for help and she was out of town, and got someone to come in and help. The first group only bought the special and paid the $5 sit fee, total; $13.00. The last two groups combined spent $13.00, so total daily sales, $26.00. The person who came in to help only took the pictures and left. Didn't help with editing, selling, ringing up, cleaning up, paperwork, nothing. So i ended up not leaving til after 9 that night. The next day, I got call from my SM, saying that she didn't want to do it, but she had to write me up and she was getting a write up for not making goal for the day.
    At that point, I knew I wasn't going to make it there much longer. A few more weeks went by, things were okay, until I got cussed out over the phone by a lady who swore she had never even been in our store and didn't know how we got her number, but she wanted off of our list. We can't take numbers out of the system. I stopped making calls for the day. The SM was in that day observing me and asked to walk around the store handing out flyers and trying to get appointments. The first person I came across was a hearing impaired person. I don't know a whole lot of signs, but I was able to tell her my name before her daughter walked over and said that she would translate because my signing was bad. So the lady agreed to have someone call and set up an appointment and took the flyers. The next person I came across was a single father of 3 children, who asked me to leave him alone as I was disrupting his shopping experience. My first thought was, "I agree, I wouldn't want it to happen to me, " but then my second thought was, "It's Walmart. How can anybody shop with out disruption." I said have a good day and moved on to another person. While talking to this person, the single father came up to me and said, "Didn't I already tell you that you are disrupting the shoppers here? go away and let us shop in peace before I get security over here for harassment!" So I returned to the studio without any set appointments and with flyers still in hand. The SM was mad when she saw me walking up with the flyers and asked why I was returning so soon. I explained and she was cool about it. She left and the day closed out well.
    Well, upon entering the job, I had a lot going on in my personal life. About 5 weeks, my boyfriend and I decided we were not happy where we were and wanted to move. I called my SM, who I ended up getting to know very well and find to be a very nice, hard working person that I get along with. I told her that I would be moving at the end of the NEXT month. She expressed her sorrow in losing me as an employee and as a friend, but she would look into getting me transferred to a studio near where I would be moving to. About two weeks before my move, my DM called me and was asking why I was wanting to move. I simply told her I was having issues with my home life, and needed a break from things. She told me that she would see if they had any openings down there, but would be sure to let all the managers know that I was "not always capable of making goal on my own and that I was too dependent upon others for help." I asked her what she meant by that, and she told me about all the things I did wrong, that happened on MY FIRST DAY. Now, it's a week til we move, and I don't know if I have a job or not, but I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't take a job with CPI. I have looked at a lot of other people's "horror stories" and think I should stay away from CPI. Like you said, all that this company cares about is MONEY, and how much they have in their pockets. Oh, and not mention that the website says that employees get benifits!? I know I don't have any.

• Kl
    klaud Nov 26, 2010

I have worked for this company on and off since 1997. This doesn't sound like you worked for a bad company it sounds like you had a bad DM. Did you ever stop and ask yourself who her boss was and go to him or the company hotline to let them know how you were being treated. One bad seed shouldn't spoil the bunch. I can tell you that the MA area is looking for a new DM. I have worked for this company a long time and had some great DM, and I have also had some bad ones. However I took the right steps and made sure that I contacted the people I needed to contac. I let them know how he was treating me and othe mangers. That DM was fired 3 days later. This company does stand up for their associates and mangers but if you just sit there and take it and say nothing there isn't anything the company can do about it. I have enjoyed working for this company over the years and have moved up from an associate to manger and now a distric manger in training. Noone stays with a company or comes back to a company if it is as bad as you are implying it to be.

ANGgone Nov 09, 2011

I worked for Picture me which Has changed names Plenty of times and and Over and Over This Company Should Be SHUT DOWN I got fired for apparently stealing when I asked for evedince of course there was NONE BECAUSE I didnt Do IT apparently i did this in sept ive worked and made plenty of money for this company in two months and now this so DONT TRUST THIS COMPANY

ANGgone Nov 09, 2011

Oh And So U Know EVEREY STUDIO DM SOUNDS THE SAME They get that position and whomever they dont like theyll find a reason to fire u TRUST ME Two months of working nO Proff and the reginoal GINA DIDNT HEAR AN Employee just TOOK THE DM WORD NO EVEDINCE nothing and she takes that DM WOrd

• Er
    erd Mar 07, 2013

I worked for CPI for about 8 months and they were absolutely the worst 8 months of my life. In that time, we had 3 store managers...that right there should tell you something. The last manager was the one who pushed my final button and made me quit. I'd applied for and was granted a 4 day weekend so I could take care of some business 400 miles away. She had the nerve to call me 2 days into this leave and demand I drop whatever I was doing come help her out at the studio...RIGHT NOW. I explained to her that not only did she know ahead of time that I had these days off, but i was almost 7 hours away & even if I teleported, I wouldn't be there RIGHT NOW. She found that totally unacceptable. Upon returning home, I was still so mad about it, I put my 2 weeks notice in...4 weeks later she was still scheduling me, texting & calling me umpteen times a day to come in and fill shifts, yet, according to her, I was a horrible photographer, a crappy salesperson and just generally good for nothing but a warm body to fill a space in the schedule. Way to keep your employees happy. And just for good measure, maybe it would be a good idea NOT to tell them how stupid they are in front of customers...especially customers who had specifically requested me because they didn't want, in their words, "that fakey manager" who "snapped at" their kids taking the photos.

wait time/customer service

I had an appointment to have my Grandaughers Easter and 6 month pictures taken at 1 pm on 3/3/2017. I arrived...

4.99/7.99 package scam!

Okay... this 4.99 Monday- Thursday (32 sheets) and 7.99 Friday-Sunday (30 sheets) is just a scam and a way to get you into their studio. To get your "32" or "30" sheets of photos, it’s the FIRST SHOT/FIRST POSE ONLY.

Did they forget to mention that to you?

Or DID they mention that to you but failed to inform you that they have no intensions on selling you JUST that pose?

They are pushy... they need to make their sales average for the day. They figure selling this "unheard of" package is PERFECT in regards to raping you of your money.

ALSO, this "4.99" and "7.99" package consists of just a normal photo. You need to pay extra for enhancements. And trust me... being the slick photographers that they are, they will make SURE that there is something about that first shot/pose that you don't like... Want to know why? So they can sell you the other remaining 10 beautiful portraits they took of your child so wonderfully.

And you CAN’T nor will you be able to choose one of those 10 beautiful portraits for your "4.99" or "7.99" package.

Its first pose/first shot only... Remember?

Ending:
You walk out pissed the hell off with no receipt of photos purchased because you trusted that it wasn't a scam, or you walk out pissed the hell off because you spent $200.00 - $300.00 dollars on photos when you're intensions were to spend NOTHING!

Let me guess…. They offered you the option of putting “Half Down Now” on the $300.00 purchase you made? They still got you right where they wanted you…..

4.99/7.99 package scam!

• Un
    Unhappy Customer Jul 07, 2008

My sister and I took our children (2 infants/2 older children, 7 &8) to get their pictures taken and the photographer was yelling at the older children to get out of the way and yelling at them for not smiling good enough and told them that they ruined a good picture because they weren't smiling good enough... She was very negative about everything we asked about! Very dissatisfied!!!

• Br
    Briittany M Jul 29, 2008

I took my twins aged 6 m0nths to a studio in NC and had the person who was taking appointments and money actually come up and put his finger on my child's tongue because, he wouldn't keep it in his mouth for the picture.

• Am
    Amanda Ryker Oct 13, 2008

Ewww! I would have flipped if some stranger put his gross finger on my daughters tongue!!!

I manage the PictureMe in Scottsbluff, NE. And really, if you have a bad experience once, or at a particular studio, you cannot say ALL PictureMe studios have terrible service. It really depends on the photographer. I have pride in my studios great customer service and quality photography that happens in my studio every day! I urge you to try another PictureMe, if not a different photographer- a different store. We can do great things now, such as photo enhancements (colored eyes on a black and white print, faded edges, text...) New camera angles, floor poses... THE LIST GOES ON!!! Not to mention our prices are the lowest in the industry. When it comes to paying for what you get were an A+++++++!!! If you are anywhere near NE, come into Scottsbluff and see me!

• Ki
    Kim Oct 24, 2008

Don`t take your passport photo at "Picture Me" at Walmart. It is a rip off. I would rather go to Rite Aid.

• Da
    Dawn May 29, 2009

Are you serious? Its $9.99 for the set of 2. Ooooh Rite Aid is what? $8.99? I've had customers come in and tell me they were almost charged $30 for theirs from the government.
    And included in the price, my personality is also included. I'm always cheerful and joking with my customers. Vs. I've known 1st hand that drug stores will just say "sit down, look here *click*".

• Pi
    PictureMe.KillsMe May 10, 2010

I work at a PIC ME
    You've been misinformed BIG time...
    First off, the 4.99 and 7.99 are the EXACT same thing
    4.99 is used as a promotion to get people in over the weekdays when we're slower

Also it does NOT have to be of the FIRST pose it can be of any pose.
    but it has to be of the ONE pose only.

And for the record the collections range from 389.97-79.99

we're pushed to sell the top collections or our jobs are on the line at all times.
    why even if you only want that 4, 99/7.99 we still have to show you the collections first.

scam

Picture Me Studio's in Walmarts are junk and a scam. There portrait packages are over priced and the make you buy there club everytime and the sad part it is good for one year. How many people have spent a extra ten dollars everytime they came in to get there photo taken? And the 4.99 deal doesn't say anything about a extra sitting fee, but they charge you five more bucks. Stay far from this company it's run just like walmarts. Buy a camera and put companies out of business like this. It sounds like. A great deal but in the long run it trash.

• The_Truth Feb 25, 2010

Did they forget to mention that to you?

Its first pose/first shot only... Remember?

Ending:

• Re
    Real review! Dec 17, 2010

Nothing about the company is a scam. Any portrait studio you go into tries to get you to buy more than the advertised package. This company is not owned by Wal-Mart. All Picture Me does is rent the space from Wal-Mart.

The $4.99 or the $7.99 is as offered. There is nothing more or nothing less. If that is what you want to buy than that is what you buy. Also the $5.00 is for an extra person in the session. There is no first picture first shot thing that you have to only get that shot. You can pick any of the portraits taken in the session.

If you go to any other studios the prices are nearly the same. Just because you believe this is a Wal-Mart owned studio (which it's not) people believe it's going to be dirt cheap.

The enhancements are extra anywhere you go if it is a high priced studio or not. I just believe people are not prepared for their pictures and the prices because if you believe some of the prices are over charged than sometimes customers have not gotten their pictures done in a while.

Most of the studios are all owned my the same company. So if you believe going to Sears is going to be any different your wrong they are all owned by the same company.

Any photographing is not cheap. Good luck to all if you are getting a session done anywhere you go. These are lasting memories and I do not thing that any person that takes pictures professionally would want you to walk out with bad pictures.

And again you are not obligated to buy anything you do not want. Everything you do is your choice and if you made a wrong decision than it can not be anyone else's fault.

• Be
    BeautifullyBroken Mar 02, 2011

OK so what you're saying is that you are cheap and only go in because you want to spend the LEAST amount of money possible for the BEST possible product you can get. What the hell do you expect for $4.99? You want $300 worth of pictures for that price?

Customer's like you go in with your screaming unruly children, you are unable to please, nothing is ever good enough including the photography or the price and then the package contents are [censor] too.

They work hard, they deal with [censor]y customers constantly. They need to make a living too, it's just like people that sell cars, insurance...anything. They work off commission. The more they sell the more they make so of course you would do the same thing. Also you have to approve that first pose, it's not like they will take a picture with your kid not looking at the camera or smiling and expect you to take that and be happy with it.

You also want to complain about the content of the package which is typically an 8x10, 2 5x7, 4 or 5 3.5x5s, wallets and minis. They charge $10 for one enhanced sheet so you are getting all of those sheets for less than the price of one, how much more do you want? You are awfully cheap to be so greedy! They also charge extra for the enhancements because that takes more of their time and their creativity, but I guess that should be free too.

bad customer service

I had a horrible ordeal with this company. It was the 1st time I had taken my 3 month old son to get pictures at Wal-Mart. Not only did the woman taking the pictures look like she had a serious meth addiction, she was also extremely rude. I filed a complaint a few days after and the customer service said they would grant me free studio time with different poses to choose from for free. That was December 13 and I still haven't gotten anything yet.It is now December 30. Oh yeah and piss on Red Lobster for taking away my ultimate fondue!

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 30, 2009

Yeah the meth heads are usually the rude ones.

steelerbaby Dec 30, 2009

I'm not begging you ###. People like that shouldnt be around children.You would have been pissed too. She sat there and yelled at me like a red-headed step-child to sit down. Meth Mouth was all up in my baby's face scaring the piss out of him. It was probably you who took the pics ###.

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 30, 2009

My fiancee(if this is the right term and spelling) and I are expecting a child soon. If someone ever yelled at that child's face they would be wearing dentures the next day. The Wal-mart I work at too has a few nutjobs and I wonder if they are high/drunk or something. Then again you get meth heads everywhere you go probably.

Irish does not work there. She is a 16 year old troll, look at her profile and the "complaints" she wrote. Then look at louisstevens as well.

steelerbaby Dec 31, 2009

Irish, who do you think you are Maury Povich?you're a greedy little ###. I'm sorry you have to deal with this ### @ work trevor. How do you accidentally steal something? Is your meth habit costing you money?Having to steal, seriously. get a life. I want to see this troll do you have a myspace? Congrats on the baby Trevor!
    Maury Christmas!

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 31, 2009

My reply

__________________________________________________________________________

Reply from Irish
    It is nice that your wife is having a child Trevor, however you never answered my question. Do you know who the father is?
    Then there is the "I accidently stole the DVD player" thing.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

point proven

NOTCOOL1016 Jan 19, 2010

I took my 3 month old yesterday and it was a horrible experience. Our appointment time was at 1pm. Said to arrive 15 minutes early. Not only was the photographer with a customer at that time, she had a 12:30 appointment sitting in the waiting room!!! She told me she would be "right with me" and didn't inform me of the wait time, nor did she say there was someone ahead of me. 3pm rolls around and it's FINALLY our turn, my son by this time was fussy, hungry, wet, and tired. She told me we could do one of two things...try and take the pictures or I could sit there and feed him and she would take her lunch (AN HOUR LONG LUNCH!!!) I told her I was not going to wait another hour, I fed him enough to calm him down and we tried for the pics. I wanted to take one pic with him so we took the 1st pose together...then he took 4 more poses. End time comes, the portrait package was supposed to be my son but she said I couldn't choose his pose because I wanted to take the 1st pic with him and the 1st pic is always the portrait package...VITAL INFO THAT WOULD'VE BEEN HELPFUL DURING the shoot!!! Did NOT get the package I wanted nor the prices, HORRIBLE customer service, and not informative AT ALL!!! I want my refund but can't find a number for customer service!!! SOOO FRUSTRATED!!!

steelerbaby Feb 14, 2010

they are horrible. I finally got something in the mail from them which i had to remind them after a month of not receiving anything.i think i filled out a complaint online. they are a bunch of meth loving turds.

poor customer service

Never use their services. Here is how they treat their clients. I went there to have my passport photo taken. Kristen, who said she is a manager over there, took my photo. As a person, I found her to be pretty nice. But as a photographer, she is the most incompetent I have ever seen.

The passport photo of mine she took came out with a shade behind my head. The photo gives an impression as if I have long hair, though it is very short. When I told Kristen that I am unhappy with the shade behind my head, she said it is because of the flash she uses for taking passport photos. To take your photo, I need to use the flash. And thus, once I use the flash, enjoy your photo with a long hair. But wait a sec, do you find the explanation ridiculous?! At the end of the day, as a client, I don’t care whether you use your flash or not. What I expect from you good passport photo. Blaming the flash is similar to the excuses you hear from some carwashes. When you complain them that the brushes they use to wash the car are scratching your paint, they say “Well, without the brush we can’t wash your car!” What a stupid explanation! Kristen would tell you the same: “It is the flash that makes your look like a lady with a long hair.”

Another thing that is ridiculous with this studio is that they use Palaroid for taking passport photos. That means they take your photo only ones and whatever comes out as a result of it is final product that you have to pay. Maannn, can’t you use digital camera so that you take several shots of your client, show them to him/her, and print out the one that s/he liked.

The story does not end at this point. Picture Me Portrait Studios has more to offer. Kristen gave me my photo without drying it properly. Guess what, when I opened the cover of the photo I found out that my photo stick to the cover. As result, the photo was damaged. I went to always-smiling-and-never-admitting-her-fault Kristen, and told her that not only she screw my passport photo, but also put it into the cover without drying it. Kristen is super creative when it comes to creative explanations. She said she told me that I have to dry it for 20 min. Let me repeat it – for 20 min!!! It is almost half an hour. Are you kidding me? Just imagine having your photo taken at Picture Me Portrait Studios, then Kristen gives you your photo and tells you to dry it for 20 min. You get your photo, carefully hold its edge, and hang around in Wal-Mart (Picture Me Portrait Studios usually operates in Wal-Mart) drying it for the next 20 min. Wow! I can’t believe we are living in the 21 century! Just make sure to hold your cart and dry your photo.

Anyways, Kristen never admits her fault. Whatever happens to your picture it is YOUR fault. I asked for refund, she said no.

Hoping that a supervisor would be a better person to speak to, I looked for her tel number. The info on the studios wall had a name (Tracy) and her tel number. I tried to reach her but I was always forwarded to voice mail box. I left her 3 messages on Thursday. She got back to me only on Tuesday of the next week. And it is my suspicion that she got back to me only after I told Kristen that I am waiting for the call and if she does not get back to me I will try to contact people who supervise her. After I spoke to Tracy, they “kindly” agreed to refund my 10 USD.

I ended up with having my photo taken at CV Pharmacy. Isn’t it a shame on Picture Me Portrait Studios that their potential clients end up having their photo taken in a pharmacy. The lady who took my photo was not even a photographer. She used digital camera, took several photos and asked with one I liked. I choose one, she printed 4 photos, recorded my photos to a CD and charged me for all that something around 7.50 USD. Shame on you Picture Me Portrait Studios. A person in a pharmacy is doing a better job then you!

poor quality/unprofessional custonmer svc.

I truly believe this company is a complete fraud. I had a portrait sitting for my daughter on 10-31-09. I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices