Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Travel & Vacations Getaroom Lies and more lies!

Getaroom  - Lies and more lies!

A
Author of the complaint
1:35 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On April 25, 2022, I went to the Home 2 Suites Hilton website to book 3 nights at the hotel in Bowling Green Ohio for September 30th 2022. Minutes after I booked it I realized that the hotel was in Bowling Green Kentucky. The website was not made clear otherwise I would have noticed. I right away called customer service and asked if I could change the location to Ohio. The customer service did not speak clear English so it was hard to understand her and when I asked her to help she kept putting me on hold for at least 10 to 15 minutes each time. I just told her to cancel the booking as I was not going to Kentucky. I called again and another lady who could not speak well said that she could not give me a refund and because I cancelled the hotel that she could not give me a refund. I told her all I wanted was to transfer it to Ohio. Amanda said it was their policy that they do not refund the money. I told her so I just loose $735.00 for nothing. Yes that is what she said. When I booked this hotel I had no idea it was a third party booking. This website makes it look like you are booking directly with the hotel. I want my money back asap as I am not accepting this kind of treatment. This company is insane to think that they can treat so many people so horrible. I come from a family of attorneys so they will be in contact with the getaroom.com and get my money back. This fraud has to stop! Also I just noticed on my confirmed booking the time is 4pm. On my cancellation time it says 3:07 pm! So how did my cancellation time have a sooner time than my actual booking time. Plus, I made this reservation in the morning that day.

Helpful? 0 0
May 02, 2022 2:19 pm
Please know that we do take our customers' reviews very seriously. In follow-up, as you did not provide a booking number, we cannot work toward a favorable resolution. We will note this case as closed due to no reply from customer. If you change your mind and wish for assistance, please provide your booking number as requested on this review platform. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Getaroom
Apr 29, 2022 12:05 pm
We apologize for the negative experience with your online booking. Your noted booking reference number will need to be provided so that a Service Resolutions Specialist can review this and reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Getaroom

More Getaroom complaints & reviews

Getaroom - I have a charge on my credit card that needs explaining. the name listed is cci*hotel reservation 855-707-6654 tx
Getaroom - No refund
Getaroom - Wrong room trickery
Getaroom - Huge scam
Getaroom - tax recovery charges and service fees
Getaroom - Incorrect booking date
Getaroom - Sucks!!
Getaroom - Please get a full refund and don't ruin our honeymoon!!!
Getaroom - room charge
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Getaroom - internet hotel booking service
0 comments