General Motors Corporationreno buick gmc cadillac service dept.

D Aug 13, 2018

My oxygen sensor was going out in my van. The first week of Aug. 2018, I called the Reno Buick GMC Cadillac dealer, and made an appt. for Friday, Aug. 10th, 2018 @ 10:20 am. The gentleman that I spoke with on the phone was more than helpful. He said that there are 4 oxygen sensors on my vehicle and that they like to do a diagnostic test to find out which one is going out. I told him that my husband had used his meter and that we already knew that it was the sensor behind the engine that was going out. I also told him that we had already purchased the oxygen sensor because my husband was going to replace it, but didn't have the right tools to get to it. He said, "Alright, that's perfect! It will cost $139 in labor and since you already have the sensor, that will be one less thing you have to buy. Bring it in and we'll get you in and out, in an hour." When I got to Reno Buick GMC Cadillac, Mark Payne (Service Advisor), began checking me in. I told him that I had an oxygen sensor. He laughed at me. He said that they like to do a diagnostic test, first. I told him that my husband had used his meter and we knew which one was going out. Again, he laughed at me and said that the meters are not accurate. He asked if the light was still on, and I told him that my husband had cleared the code because it was freaking me out. Once again, he laughed at me and told me that I needed to go drive it around until the light came back on and then make another appt. I told him that I really wanted to get the sensor changed out because I live a long way away from town. He asked if he could speak to my husband. I got my husband on the phone. My husband told him that he wanted him to change it out. At this point, Mark Payne responded very irritated with, "Well, that's fine, but she's going to have to leave it here and we probably won't get it done until the end of the day." I had a lot going on at home (with a family emergency), so I really needed to get home ASAP, which is why the gentleman on the phone had assured me that they would get me in and out of there in an hour.Then, I talked with my husband and he told me that he was fine with me leaving because they were being very uncooperative. As I was trying to leave, the service manager, Alex, blocked me from leaving. She grabbed my hand in a very aggressive way and introduced herself. She was "trying" to be very intimidating! She said that legally they cannot do any work on my vehicle without running a diagnostic test on it first. I told her that I wanted them to change out the sensor that we already knew was going out. I also said that I would not hold them responsible if it did not take care of the problem. If we needed to change out one of the other sensors, the other three sensors were easier to replace. My husband would be able to replace the rest of them, if necessary. Alex was very unprofessional! It was a total "bait and switch" from the phone call to the actual appt. Needless to say, I drove into Reno for nothing that day. I ended up leaving and making an appt. with another auto repair place in Reno. I will never go back to this GMC dealer again!!! Horrible experience!!!