General Motors 2003 Avalanchetransmission failure!

I have purchased a 2003 Avalanche and at 65000 miles while driving down the road third gear went out. At first I thought that it might be an electrical failure of the transmission solenoid.

When I took it to the gm dealer I had to have my transmission replaced. After talking to several Gm owners I found three that had the same problem. From what I understand the sun gear lets go and guts the transmission. GM has a problem and they are not addressing it. They would rather pass the cost over to the consumer and forget about it.

• Updated by Clifton Kelley · Mar 28, 2017

poor design, it took time for you correct problem

• Updated by mikep666 · Oct 09, 2018

hvac on 06 Pontiac torrent blend door is broken took to shop manager said bulletin #11135 I never got anything on this had car for 4 years shop wants 1200 dollars can you please advise me what to do thank you

• Updated by WoodsK · Oct 10, 2018

2018 Chev Cruz

• Pa
    Patrick99 May 06, 2020

Knob just spins, is not connected to climate control system,
    is stuck on hot so no AC

• Pe
    Peter Harr Apr 22, 2020

I have never owned a GM product that was not a piece of crap. The final straw was the design flaw of plastic hoses that caused coolant to leak into the oil causing major problems. It was a well
    Known design flaw by GM and they did nothing about it...
    Never again...

• Kd
    Kdatz Feb 29, 2020

When I get up to speed my truck feels vibrating my center console like crazy

• Br
    Brad Pietras Feb 29, 2020

2007 tahoe driving fine then al of a sudden stabletrax lifght and traction control, and engine light came on. dealer said lifter collapsed . 5000. dollars to repair . does gm help with this repair sinse this is not unusual with this engine

• Jr
    JR63 Nov 30, 2019

Transmission problems, hard up/down shift to/from first gear. Truck had shuddering problem, but fluid replacement resolved the issue. Need next step in repair process.

• Sh
    SharonKC1962 Oct 27, 2019

Chevy Shake - Dealership doesn't care, says its normal.

rather than file a formal complain through a lawyers, i'd happily settle for $20, 000.00.

i'll wait, but not for long.

• Bu
    builda1 Oct 26, 2019

My 2015 GMC Duramax diesel reportedly has a fuel pump that can self destruct or just put metal shavings into the fuel injectors I believe that they knew this when I bought the truck and should have told me I also believe that GM should pay to repair the fuel system before it implodes
    PLEASE REPLY

• Fr
    Frank Arvonio Oct 07, 2019

This vehicle has lots of faults, have put two transmission in it and now it needs an engine. Problems which are known to many if you research this vehicle. The wave plate in the transmissions break, and the timing chains on the engines also break causing internal damage.

Marty West Sep 24, 2019

I will not even think about purchasing a G.M. automobile from now own. Disgusting while you pay your CEO 23 million dollars.
    So disappointing.

• Ti
    TIME Traveler Aug 17, 2019

Anyone Notice the Amount of Complaints VS how many get resolved !!!
    GM at its finest !

• 2b
    2boysmom21 Jul 07, 2019

I took my truck to the dealership for the Shift to Park issue in May 2019. The dealership ensured me that the problem was corrected. Fast forward to June 28, 2019 and not only did the same issue arise but then entire vehicle shut down. I was not able to turn it off and the Shift to Park issue came back.
    No I am without a vehicle and no answers.

• 4s
    4stripe Jun 16, 2019

went to my local gm dealer to get my new truck (new one every two years) and found the seat so hard that I cant use it. checked several other new ones...same thing. check out the seat in my 95 chev and you can see gm has lost lots of ground in the comfort area. will wait for the 2020 model or check other brands.
    russ heavirland
    [protected]

• Sl
    SLBuck Jun 09, 2019

First I had light with an engine and a down arrow. And I know what it means. So I changed all throttle parts. Nothing changed. So we changed all relays, nada, so we canged the computer. Now can't get past the anti theft. Local GM dealer had to look it up to make sure that you made the car he was 19 I think. Car no go. I need it to go. Soon.

• Bi
    bioya Jun 02, 2019

Buick Verano blind side motion detectors don't work, and dealer says they cannot get the parts from GM?????? Took vehicle into shop four weeks ago, part on order.
    When I questioned, was told sensors were hard to get. Car is still
    under warranty-bumper to bumper. I am am still waiting.
    I have always purchased GM vehicles. I am very disappointed.

• Je
    jerrell lowery May 27, 2019

ordered A Subburban shipped on 4//13/19, was due to be delivered after May 1, 2019. Have yet to received it. call Dealer, all he can do is relay message from District Manager. Story is, it's stuck at a port in Jacksonville, fl. Help!!

• Jj
    J J anonimous May 18, 2019

Intake gasket allowed coolant to get into oil. Got it replaced but engine locked down after a while. Replaced engine with 2000 model. Top started leaking, back and front. Then electonic controls act up, lights come on, kills battery, renders it completely unusable.

• Mi
    michael s dunn May 02, 2019

I own a 2015 Silverado and the air conditioning has gone out. I see that this is a common problem with these vechiles. I have 57000 miles on the truck. I am requesting reinbursement for my repairs. Thank you Michael Dunn [email protected]

• Wi
    william stuebing Apr 27, 2019

If i own a car that is not gm and is newer 2005 i can get 1300 dollar rebate but since i am a loyal gm customer i do not qualify because i only drive gm cars dont you think your customer should be the one to get the deal thank you william stuebing

• Ha
    Hans Bauer Apr 15, 2019

2011 Chevrolet Colorado has intermittent starting problem due to the Pass Lock on the vehicle. Have to constantly wait 10 minutes in order for the vehicle to start again.
    Chevrolet will not issue a recall on this problem on many of their vehicles.

• Bo
    boba8974 Mar 16, 2019

Some sigma genius thinks ebony should be the interior color. Hot in the summer, difficult to keep looking good. Also very unhappy about GM decision to close US plants.

• Sh
    Sholia Dec 13, 2018

3rd brake light causing roof and trunk to leak causing mold! I'm at 56, 000 miles extended warranty doesn't cover it! WHY do i have to pay out of pocket for a problem that was already there before i purchased it

• Bo
    Bootsie19 Dec 11, 2018

You know, the first 50 times I saw this commercial I thought it was cute. But now that it's been aired and I've seen it at least 1000 times and it's not even Dec 1st, PLEASE STOP AIRING IT!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! No one is going to buy one of your cars simply because of this commercial.

• Td
    tdunkindon Nov 12, 2018

I really don't think GM should be promoting the commercial where a lady says "Please Santa I want to go fast." Speed causes accidents, promotes street racing. That's all we need, more accidents, and loss of life. Everyone I know is annoyed with this commercial, and think it should be removed.

Thank you.

• Br
    Brent Colley Nov 12, 2018

Is there a ecm update that will allow me to install a recirculating engine fluid heater without triggering a check engine light? It is common practice in Canada to heat the engine fluid overnight so as to allow for the starting of the engine in cold weather without causing harm to the engine.

• Cl
    Clifton Kelley Nov 06, 2018

I have a 2014 stingray with 10, 800 miles and the halo liner is falling down, took to Victory Lane Chevrolet, no way to repair it without spending $319.00 for a faulty part, can you help with cost for repairs? Thank You Cliff kelley

• Am

• Pp
    pparker54 Nov 05, 2018

I just purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro with 2500 miles on it
    It was a lease turn in
    As I backed it in my garage, I noticed a sloshing sound in my Fuel Tank with 3/4 of Fuel according to the gauge
    I was hoping there was a way to stop this from happening

John Grieger Nov 04, 2018

They were vary rude to me when I went in for service and I am wondering why there star seemed all new people since I have been there two weeks ago

• Go
    Gomes 38 Oct 31, 2018

I made a recall on the frost gm brampton canada 1 year later it came so problems seat
    does not heat now airbag aluz I went to my mechanic and came across this (photos) a slab of cut and spliced ​​wires connected in different colors this is serious I'm afraid of drive ...

Comments

• Wa
    Wayne orrey Oct 31, 2018

Timing chain went out at 63000 miles and of course out of warranty. Needs a new motor. Sounds like this is a common problem with these vehicles. Going to be very expensive to fix is this an ongoing problem with these

• Lo
    lorihuff Oct 22, 2018

My wipers come on by thim self and fluid it will not stop call me [protected] on my 06 trailblazer

• St
    Steve1le Oct 22, 2018

I spend 40, 000 on a car and you charge to update the map on the navagation that sucks. And could only use one of my free oil changes couse i dont drive it much. They said time ran out but i wont drive it in the winter to get oil changed. I know this is small stuff but its things like this i remember.
    Thanks, steve gamache

• Wo
    WoodsK Oct 22, 2018

2018 Chev Cruz purchased from Bravo dealer in Las Cruces NM. Have taken the car in numerous times to be fixed and they say can't find anything. The whole dash keeps turning off.

• To
    tom wrightbbb Oct 22, 2018

I have been a customer for 40 years and have purchased a number of your vehicles. I feel I have been deceived and want to file a complaint. I plan to contact the FTC as well. please call me. Tom Wright [protected]

• Sm
    S.mitchell Oct 16, 2018

My vehicle is only 3 years old and I already had to replace the alternator 2015 Chevy Impala. I had a 2010 Traverse before trading it in last year and never had this problem. I consider her still new and feel like at 60000 miles should not be having issues already. Is this a known issue? Or was a faulty part?

• Mi
    mikep666 Oct 15, 2018

hvac on my 06 torrent bulletin#11135 never got a letter shop wants 1200 to fi please advise [email protected]

• St
    Stalling Sep 19, 2018

I purchased this vehicle a year ago and have had acceleration problems (hesitation). Have had it checked at two dealerships to NO AVAIL.

Does anybody care?!?!?!:!!!

• Lu
    lucille black Sep 11, 2018

new 2017 Silverado had a bent rim on it hat
    e to pay 200.00 on new one neet to submit a complaint

• Bu
    Bullet Alexander Sep 11, 2018

This truck is a year old with only 14.5k miles on it and I've had nothing but problems. 1. Tailgate had a bow in it so it had to be replaced. 2. Gps module went out. 3. Rain water leaked into front driverside cabin from underneath dashboard. 4. Rubber molding came off roof rack. All these occurred within a month of each other.

• Ro
    rolling5thunder Sep 10, 2018

Drop the advertisements that support the NFL. Players and teams that disrespect America, our flag, our national anthem and our military do not deserve our support. I am actively encouraging my friends and family not to buy products that support the NFL.