GE Applianceswash machine

D

Our wash machine is making noise we bought all GE appliances 3 years ago when we remodel had someone from GE to look at it he told us to get a new one. For two people who spend half the year down south and over 65 with no kids I thought that was unbelievable. It's hard to tell other people how good your appliances are when they only last 3 years . We are heading back to Florida so we won't be back until next spring then it will be another year older is there anything you can do .Thank you

• Sh
    Shaun R. Nov 11, 2017

Hi Donna.

I'm heavily involved within the appliance industry and think I can answer some of your concerns.

To begin with, lesser use of an appliance is not always best. Much like a vehicle that isn't taken out on occasion, things like seals and gaskets can dry up and cause the unit to fail prematurely. Now with that said, I'm by no means a fan of G.E. washing machines. They are the one appliance that G.E. really has a difficult time getting right. Personally, I'd never recommend purchasing one. Unfortunately, most appliances only include a one year-limited manufacturer's warranty. G.E. is no different. The good news is that the retailers many times offer addition protection beyond what the manufacturer provides.

The first thing is to contact the retailer IMMEDIATELY. Don't wait until next spring. You may miss an important opportunity to have the unit covered, at least in part, through the retailer.

If you replace it, let me know and I can provide you with some good recommendations. Also please let me know what takes place with the retailer.