Gardner White Furnitureno furniture - norefund

J

I placed six chairs in their layaway at the end of November. I added a chest piece the next month to the layaway. Both the salesperson and office people assured me that I could make payments every two weeks on merchandise til it was paid for, which I did. My payments ranged from 300 - 100 every two weeks. On March 20th the salesperson called to let me know that the furniture had been "dropped". I have almost paid for all the furniture. The chairs had been selected by me because they matched my existing table and two tapestry head chairs that I already owned. The chest was selected becasue it matched my existing bedroom furniture. I am now told by the manager "Pam" that I can not receive a refund and must "just pick something else out." Maybe Pam doesn't understand that you just don't pick furniture out that you don't need, or that doesn't match your existing stuff. I am now BEING FORCED TO BUY WHAT I DON'T WANT OR NEED. I DID NOT BREAK MY CONTRACT WITH THEM - I DID PAY ACCORDING TO THE PLAN. THEY ARE THE ONES NOW WHO CAN NOT GIVE ME WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR. YET THEY WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY FOR THE GOODS I CAN NOT RECEIVE. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE BELIEVE THEIR POLICIES ARE SOME KIND OF LAW!!! HOWEVER, THEIR COMPETITOR ART VAN GIVES CUSTOMERS THE OPTION TO EITHER SELECT ANOTHER PIECE OR HAVE THEIR MONEY REFUNDED IN SUCH CASES!!! SO, PEOPLE GO TO ART VAN AND DON'T MESS WITH THE SLICK TAKE YOUR MONEY WHEN IT AIN'T YOUR FAULT PEOPLE AT GARDNER WHITE! (I WONDER WHAT BILL WOULD THINK OF THIS?)