Gardener Mixed Blossom Honeygardener mixed blossom honey

D Review updated:

I recently purchased a jar of this product believing it to be 100% Australian family owned but in small print on a separate part of the jar it claimed to use at least 40% Australian honey. I find this very unsatisfactory as our pure Australian honey is being topped with honey from who knows where. Our Australian bees are free of diseases that are common in many countries. I find this very misleading and have returned the unopened jar to my local Woolworths. I am a loyal Woolworths customer and would appreciate your reply on this matter. Regards Dianne Morgan

MaPig Jul 08, 2021

Buy Australian honey. We must support our economy. Woolworths will not hv my support.

• Id
    idling dove Oct 10, 2020

Recently bought this product. Took one spoonful, the taste immediately reminded me of burnt sugar/molasses. Checked out the fine print on the label, 80% imported "honey", most definitely NOT honey (even the consistency is more like molasses than honey). Took it straight back to Woolies and got a refund. Will not be going anywhere near this brand again.

• Um
    umess Apr 17, 2019

It tastes like sugar syrup. I don't know why Woolworth still keeps on their shelves.

• Hu
    Hue Frame Mar 27, 2019

Hello Ebanzer, How did you know the glucose content? I am unable to find verified percentages...on their bottle it says 100% honey?

• Eb
    Ebanzer Flannery Mar 23, 2019

It’s 60% glucose syrup, not real 100% honey. Disgraceful

• S4
    s4291403 Feb 25, 2019

This is undoubtedly the worst honey I have ever purchased, a disgrace to what was once known as the nectar of the gods.

It tastes like golden syrup with a honey label on it, no subtle floral notes or any of the other flavours I associate with honey, aside from the flavour of sugar. If I wanted to put sugar syrup on my oats I would have bought some cheap golden syrup, or just boiled some sugar in water. Waste of money. I intend to give away the rest of my 700g jar, as I cannot subject myself to eating this on a daily basis for weeks on end.

Woolworths, I see no reason as to why this product is stocked on your shelves. It doesn't support Australian produce, tastes terrible and it isn't even the cheapest honey on the shelf. What consumer need does this serve?

• Ry
    ryan mane May 27, 2018

I an in agreement & have the same opinion the above coment.