GameStopscam and cheating

R

I saw a commercial for Guitar Hero: Metallica air that concluded with "Pre-Order from Gamestop and receive a free double bass drum pedal with your order. So I went down to Gamestop and pre-ordered it. When I did so, the clerk did not inform that there was a cut-off date to which the people who pre-ordered before March 16th would receive their pedal the day it came out while everyone else would receive it in early April. Nobody told me that...until I went to pick it up. The day it came out, the store was open 2 hours early. So I went in during this time period and the store was completely empty. I was the only customer in the store. I went to get my item and low and behold they inform me that I have to wait for the pedal. So I walk away feeling disappointed but at least I got the game and at least I know I'll get the pedal. So I called up the store to ask when the shipment was coming in. I also called up Gamestop Customer Service to complain about how I was not informed of this. I was told by both the store and the Customer Service rep. That on April 7th the store would receive the pedals for the pre-orders. I was told to call ahead of time to make sure they got them. I called today, they got a shipment in, but not to my surprise they didn't get the double kick pedals for the pre-orders. So I checked my email from a complaint I filed online also, and they told me they couldn't promise the item. It's funny. They have commercials, the store never tells me there's a cutoff date for day of pickup and now they're changing their tune again because they can't make good on their offer. For the record, I would have NEVER pre-ordered this title if the offer wasn't there. I even told the clerk that when I pre-ordered it. I've read online now that other customers have pre-ordered things from Gamestop only to have them not make good on the offer. Please, I want justice for this. I want either my money back or I want the pedal. The fact that they can never make good on their offers should be enough to STOP them from offering these things. If you can't make good, you can't offer. It's not the first time and it won't be the last unless they are stopped.

• Th
    thel May 21, 2015

just found this complaint [ages later] and im disappointed you guys didnt read the fine print of the ads. they say on the comercials, and ads "participation may varry" or "at participating stores". check with your local store before pre-ordering if they are getting the promotional items. if not then you need to find one that does. if you did go to one that is participating then you missed the line in the ads that state "while supplies last". if you picked it up within the first 48 hours then you are guaranteed to get the bonus/pre-order goodies.

on the point of online, they have a part you missed. did you select the normal game or the collectors? did you do it before the bonus advertisement expired?
    if on the last question you answered 1 day after the "if you pre-order now you get" bonus time frame then you get the non bonus collector or regular game.

in both situations it is NOT Gamestop's fault for not "providing" you with the bonus items.

• Cu
    Custome of gamestop Jul 09, 2011

Worst bussiness dealing. The manager suddenly makes up their own rules. The manager is breaking the gamestop policy.The manager don't take take games you can return in with in 7 days .
    Game stop superior should take action angainst that manager
    now i don't want to go back to that game stop ever in my life!

• Aw
    aws-gamer May 22, 2011

if the pre-order bonus make customer to give the store a reservation, which is one the store main goal, they should informed the customer that the store will or will not get the pre-order bonus. Even though I don't have any problem with any of my reservation since I only pre-order the game that I wanted, which I will stop doing pre-order but I do agree with this complaint. Some of the pre-order bonus is not even worth the $5 dopoit like when customer pre-order super street fighter iv, they will get a two-pack of thumb fighter and marvel vs capcom 3 you will get a three pack of console decal "aka shacker". I mean very, can the company give a better pre-order bonus for a reservation of the game like free DLC contents, or a discount on next purchase.

let the customer think they get their money worth. there are many games else where that cost allot of less which can lead to some customer waiting for a title to release and purchase and save money instead of getting this so claim pre-order bonus. I will post a website discuss about this and more soon.

steelbattalion Apr 12, 2011

We brought it in to another store, and traded it for the real game. The guy said he was going to tell the manager, and the place we bought it from was going to have to pay for it.

steelbattalion Apr 10, 2011

We found the receipt!! I am going to check online and then try to exchange it in store soon.

pobarjenkins Apr 06, 2011

I'm sorry, but if your brother can be mature enough to purchase something, he needs to be mature enough to know proper procedure. Use this as a good learning experience.

steelbattalion Apr 06, 2011

my brother is only nine years old, he didnt expect anything to be wrong with the game.and he got the disc from behind the counter in their storage room. The case on the shelf was empty.

pobarjenkins Apr 01, 2011

Maybe they made a mistake, steelbattalion, and forgot to check the disc that someone sold to them? Or as stealth said, someone might have switched it in-store. People make mistakes. Your brother made the mistake of not keeping the receipt. What would he have done if the game didn't work? He wouldn't have been able to return it then either. As far as Gamestop knows, your brother is the one who switched it to a demo disc.

steelbattalion Apr 01, 2011

If someone sold a GAME COMPANY a demo disc and they never found out, thats not very smart on their part. Anyone who works at a place they sell videogames should know what is a demo disc and whats not. It says DEMO DISC, NOT FOR RESALE on the game disc.

steelbattalion Apr 01, 2011

I didn't buy it, it was my little brother who bought it.

pobarjenkins Mar 29, 2011

Exactly Stealth! I would never throw away the receipt for anything that has been previously used, especially something electronic, without trying it first.

pobarjenkins Mar 29, 2011

Someone who returned it probably tricked them. You should have held on to the receipt until you were sure. What if it didn't work?

steelbattalion Mar 29, 2011

My brother bought a game at gamestop for 20.00 dollars and when we got home and opened it, it was the demo disc inside. They had placed the demo disc inside of the full games case. I lost the recipt and they won't even respond to me now. I am NEVER shopping at ANY gamestop EVER AGAIN!

• Ta
    talim Jul 19, 2009

i bought a military game from the Oakwood Mall and when i got home it was a fruad! There was no game inside the disk! Although it had the title and design of the game.

• Su
    SuperVepr Jul 03, 2009

On a side note, the Ghostbusters game is fantastic. They really caught the feel of the movie and the voice work is top notch. In addition, the game is fun as hell. Snagging a ghost and getting them in the trap is a blast. The battle against Stay Puft is the shiznit.

Jamie22 Jun 21, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me with the Game Stop pre-order of Ghostbusters. It was supposed to include a T-shirt and a $10 movie voucher. It even said this when I clicked on the checkout button, that both would be included. The game came last week with neither, so I'm returning it.