Complaints & Reviews

purchased recliner

I am disabled and purchased a recliner from Gallery Furniture because I have a hard time finding a chair that is comfortable. They told me and I verified that they accept returns if you are not comfortable. I told them I am disabled and have a hard time but they said they would accommodate. I purchased a chair and found it uncomfortable. I called the next day to return it and spoke to the customer service department which I found out later it was Mattress Mack's sister or family member. They were extremely rude and told me they would not honor their policy. I explained it was the reason I purchased the chair. The family member/customer service rep became furious and told me they were his family and that they would tell him not to take my calls. I was shocked. I then called back and asked for Matress Mack since I had seen how much he supposedly cares for the disabled. I was shocked when he told me to "[censored] off". I'm still shocked. I've never been treated this way by anyone ever. I called the customer service line again and the family member/ customer rep told me they had told him I cursed at them so that he wouldn't take my call. So I tried again to call Mack and tell him what I was just told. A man answered and told me not to call back that they would file a complaint with the police. I don't think Mack ever understood what actually happened or maybe he just thought it was funny to screw with a disabled customer. I'm still in complete shock. I still have a chair I can't use. I was ripped off by gallery furniture. So the next time you see Mack on the news acting charitable just remember how he really treats people when the cameras are not rolling. I don't have a lot of money and this hurt me financially and I was bullied by this company.

Interest paid or charge on a 'No Interest' Option Account

Purchase a Sectional Sofa from Gallery Furniture for $1795.00 with no interest options for 12 months. If paid in full in 12 months interest will be imposed from date of purchase. This loan was paid off Jul 6, 20ll, but tthey are charging interest. Payments were made as follows: Jan 5, 2011 - $200; Feb 2, 2011 - $200; Mar 2, 2011 - $200; Nar 31, 2011 - $200; May 2, 2011 - $200; Jun 1, 2011 - $200; Jul 6, 2011 - $95 coming to a total of $1295, amount financed. The first payment was late because I did not know where to send it, so they excuse the late payment charge. After making these payments within a prescribed time I don't feel I owe any late charges. Retired veteran and I received my pension the lst of each month. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bad Business

My sister in law bought me a Gallery Furniture Groupon for my birthday and I went to spend it yesterday. I picked out my item and went to purchase it and was denied because I was required to show my ID to use the Groupon. Unfortunately my sister in laws name was on it because she purchased the Groupon. I asked to speak to a manager and spoke to Jim McIngvale himself. He asked me what I was trying to purchase (a sofa table), thought about it, and said he would not honor it. He was obviously prepared to honor it if I it was going to make a big purchase but since it was a small piece of furniture, he had no interest. He was rude, indifferent, and I will never shop there again.

poor pitiful customer service

I also will never purchase anything from Gallery Furniture again. I waited 3 weeks for a part to fix a lift chair for an elderly woman with Parkinson Desease. The customer service rep, Laura was extremely rude - very bad attitude. I could hear her through the phone belittling the service repaire man that was at my house. She talked to her employee and myself in the same way. Did not offer any solutions to expidite the parts needed. I explained over and over how dependant this person is on the lift chair. The parts arrived and they were the wrong parts. I called and almost had to force her to have the correct parts overnight shipped to Gallery. I had to call the manufaturer to see if the parts had shipped. The service department did not offer to check and gave me the manufaturer's phone number and said I could call myself. Gallery had the parts delivered to my home, but no repair man to fix the chair. I called Mr. Mack and wanted to file a complaint. He told me that if I continued to complain about Laura and the service that I received, he would not talk to me. He said that there are 2 side to every story, but he did not allow me to tell my side. This is the owner of the store!! I needed to have the chair repaired so badly that I told the service department that if I could get the parts that I would try to fix the chair myself. Well, mattress Mack told me to fix the chair myself. I am totally shocked by the way that I was treated. I have over the years spent quite a bit on money at this store. In fact Mack has stopped and talked to my Mother and I while spending money in the store and was very nice. But you better hope you don't need his assistance once he has your money. Sad sad, as he really advertises their good service. I think that Jim McIngvale is a hypocrite(somebody feigning high principles: somebody who pretends to have admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings but behaves otherwise). It is really a shame that I have spoken to so many people that said that their experience at Gallery was similar. The people of Houston helped make this man and his business a sucess - too bad. He could of at least pretented like he cares.

• Go
    GO Texans Sep 29, 2010

Mack ROCKS!

• Fa
    Falls Hall Dec 14, 2010

I totally agree with "life long Houston resident". I had the misfortune of witnessing Jim McIngvale speak rudely to a young woman who was in the store to collect something from him. I have never heard a person who professes to be such a gentleman speak to a lady in that fashion. My family and I immediately walked out and away from the furniture we were planning to buy. I feel as if his behavior could be so atrocious to one woman, he is probably hypocritical in a lot of other ways. It is better not to preach if you do not plan to practice. On the other hand, if you do preach, expect others to be watching. Gallery lost a huge sale that day- my apologies to the salesman who had been helping us.

• Br
    brooke1 Feb 02, 2011

Maybe Stealth Pilot is Mattress Mack himself...and GO TEXANS his side kick!!!

Junk!

Purchased a queen size Eurotop mattress set on 02 April 2009. I noticed the mattress was developing a "sag" in the middle and contacted Gallery Furniture. They told me they would send out a replacement the same night.
Two hours later, they informed me that it was the vendor's responsibility to make good on the mattress, and that they would send a representative to inspect it. Basically, they blew me off and refuse to stand by the junk they sell out of their store. BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM GALLERY FURNITURE OF HOUSTON!!!

Defective mattress sales

I purchased a queen size Eurotop mattress set from Gallery Furniture of 04/02/2009. After 2 months, I noticed the mattress was developing a "sag" in the middle of the mattress. I contacted Gallery and was told "no problem" and that they would sent out a replacement later in the day. @ hours later, they contacted me and informed me that it wasn't their proble, and the vendor would have to make good on it and inspect it. Basically, I was blown off by the owner of the company. BUYERS BEWARE!!! Don't deal with Gallery Furniture of Houston!!!

Awful experience

We bought a new bed at Gallery Furniture and I had also just gotten a brand new iPhone. These phones are $200...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices