Frigidairedryer caught fire

E Review updated:

Our 3.5 yr old Frigidaire dryer caught fire. Luckily we were home so were able to get unplug it in time. It sounds like the motor froze up. I noticed earlier it was making a whirring noise and the drum wasn't rotating. We religiously clean our lint filter and the lint filter exhaust. VERY dangerous appliance!

• Je
    JessieJamesB Dec 10, 2020

I also lost my house to a frigidaire dryer. Thank god we were awake at the time otherwise my husband 3/5 of my children my pets and myself all would have died in the fire.

Jacqueline Susan Sep 23, 2013

Our house almost burnt to the ground! If my husband and son had not ran to turn off the gas and electric when they did. Our frigidaire/Electrolux caught on fire when we were getting ready to leave for the day. 2005 Model from ABC Warehouse. Husband yelled everyone out of the house now call 911 I can't put it out it's fully engulfed in flames. 3 fire trucks 12 firefighters later, extensive smoke & water damage. Why have these not been RECALLED? No lint we always clean it out, even all vent piping all the way to the outside. I am still in shock from this experience. State Farm has been wonderful. I hope this stops soon. These need to be RECALLED! Shame on Frigidaire & Electrolux! Motor is defective! Thank god no one was hurt or killed & animals were saved.

• Ta
    Tammy Simpson Mar 29, 2012

Eight weeks ago my Frigidaire dryer caught on fire, burned my home as well as doing significant smoke damage to my home. I was one dryer load away from going to bed. My toddlers bedroom sits above the garage where the fire started and sustained significant damage. Thankfully we were awake and were able to get out of the home. My toddler has been traumatized by this event. Frigidaire is lucky the fire did not harm my son...especially knowing there are issues with their dryers. SHAME ON YOU.

Thank you Huntington Beach Fire Department! You are the best!

• Ra
    RalphT Feb 13, 2012

Our first figidaire dryer(3 and half years ago) caught fire at 4:oo AM while we were sleeping. We were lucky that I was awoken by my dog and the smell of smoke, so the damage was confined to smoke damage and local discoloration of the paint on our washing machine. We subsequentially purchased a similiar machine Frigidaire (insurance covered the cost totally) and we had another fire. The machine was just turned on, a grinding noise was hear, and the machine was turn off, then fire was seen in the back of the machine. We had a fire extingisher in the laundry room and were able to put out the fire immediately.

• Ju
    Justin M Nov 14, 2011

Our Frigidaire dyer went up in flames last week. Major damage through out the house. The fire investigator determined the fire started at the heating mechanism and said this is a faulty product. ALL FRIGIDAIRE DRYER OWNERS PLEASE BEWARE. We were lucky enough to get our kids and pets out of the house, but it's only because we acted in a matter of seconds.

• Tt
    ttrottot Jul 17, 2011

We have a brand new Frigidaire and the dryer caught last night had my mom not walked in smelt smoke 6 of us may have died .I called Frigidaire and told them the thing caught fire and had someone not caught it well I prolly wouldnt be here typing this now BEWARE model # GLEQ2152ES1 is a fire hazard 2nd fire in 2 mos called to have it removed .This thing is dangerous...