Fossil GroupThe Stones on the face of the watch and the band is falling off

T Mar 17, 2020

Good Day,

I purchased a Fossil Silver Watch 8 months ago, During the time of being in possession of this item I have only used it 6 times, as it is quite an expensive watch. When I had a look a watch a month ago I noticed that a few of the diamonte stones from the face and band has fallen off. Surely this is not suppose to happen after such a short period of time as Fossil is know to be a high quality product and you would expect it to last a long time.

Since the watch is still under warranty I took it to a fossil store which is 80km from where I live to find out why this is happening. The store assistant basically told me that she can replace the stones on the watch at the cost of R50 each.

Now, firstly the stones should not be falling off a high end watch especially not after 6 uses.
Secondly, I dont understand how it is ethical for me to now pay for the stones to be replaced. So if I have to pay R50 per stone after every few months and I have to travel far distances for this, It makes no sense.

I would like the watch to be replaced to a watch that does not have these stones or a full refund as it is unfair for me to buy an expensive watch that is only going to last me 6 uses.